We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finally clicked register Options

terra_incognita
#1 Posted : 11/16/2011 7:28:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello community,

I have been reading this forum for a few months and finally got around to clicking register. I have recently been very fascinated by reading DMT experiences. I also find peoples' lack of ability to describe the trip intriguing.

I have experience with a few pyschs, namely LSD, pyscilocybin, salvia. A question for you pyschonauts.. After experiencing the intensity of a DMT trip does it make the LSD/mushroom experience pale in comparison?

The reason I ask is I love lucy and mushies, but I'm not sure DMT would be worth it if it made those experiences dull.

I look forward to conversing with all of you and hearing your input.

Good Vibes.

-Ben

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

VoidTraveler
#2 Posted : 11/16/2011 7:40:46 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

The DMT experience is so different from the experiences on mushrooms that you cannot really compare them. I've done both mushrooms and DMT now and I must say, I still love to do mushrooms because of the different feel of them. After doing DMT, you will still be compelled to us mushrooms, don't worry about that.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

rjb
#3 Posted : 11/16/2011 8:02:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome to the Nexus!

I am not that experienced with psychedelics either, but I don't find DMT to take away anything, unless you allow it to. It all depends on your [mind] set and how you integrate your experiences in the day to day life; I find those crucial. This is my own opinion though, as I'm only at the very beginning too.

I'm into mushies as well, and for me, the D broadened my perspective, completed another small part of the puzzle, but it has its time and place. I like mushrooms because they allow me to get deeper and slower into the trip, giving me the time to adjust. The mushroom also has a giggly, joking-like spirit, which I very much love, and allows for better communication, while I find that the oral DMT has a more wise kind of approach (in the good sense, of course). The vaped DMT however, is terribly undeniable and world shattering, I find; nonetheless, this is what ultimately makes it so interesting.

Good luck in your journeys. You have nothing to worry about Smile
The truth...lies within.

terra_incognita
#4 Posted : 11/16/2011 9:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rjb wrote:
I am not that experienced with psychedelics either, but I don't find DMT to take away anything, unless you allow it to.

Interesting choice of words, care to elaborate?

rjb wrote:

It all depends on your [mind] set and how you integrate your experiences in the day to day life; I find those crucial. This is my own opinion though, as I'm only at the very beginning too.

I'm into mushies as well, and for me, the D broadened my perspective, completed another small part of the puzzle, but it has its time and place. I like mushrooms because they allow me to get deeper and slower into the trip, giving me the time to adjust. The mushroom also has a giggly, joking-like spirit, which I very much love, and allows for better communication, while I find that the oral DMT has a more wise kind of approach (in the good sense, of course). The vaped DMT however, is terribly undeniable and world shattering, I find; nonetheless, this is what ultimately makes it so interesting.

Good luck in your journeys. You have nothing to worry about Smile

That is reassuring. I very much look forward to visiting hyperspace. My only previous "breakthough" experiences have been in Salvia land and from what I've heard that doesn't compare. You say mushies get you slower and deeper into the trip, which sounds worth exploring. Mushies always seem to have me laughing a lot more than acid does. I don't know for some reason mushies feel playful, while acid feels eye of the tiger Shocked . if that makes any sense i dont know.lsd i just use much more wisely ever since i had a bad trip i feel like it has intelligence in its spirit and needs to be treated with respect.

Well Im rambling hah

Thanks for the help I'm glad to hear DMT won't detract from other pyschedelics.

btw I hear on dmt you meet entities I have met entities on salvia as well, they are there every time. There are made up of energy. They are infinitely tall, misty and each have different colors, which I have come to see as the different emotions inside of me all of them have their own spirit and character. They guide me through the experience. They are always within me but I only see them when the bridge is gapped.

rjb
#5 Posted : 11/16/2011 2:25:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

terra_incognita wrote:
rjb wrote:
I am not that experienced with psychedelics either, but I don't find DMT to take away anything, unless you allow it to.

Interesting choice of words, care to elaborate?

I'll try and explain it, see how it comes out. So basically, what I'm saying is, you need to look at every thing in your life for what it is. See the pros, but also the cons. Pay attention to what happens with and around you, the ones you spend time with, everything. Become aware. Any action/substance/habit can take away something from you or change you somehow, if it's for good or bad, that's up to you and the choices you make.

terra_incognita wrote:
That is reassuring. I very much look forward to visiting hyperspace. My only previous "breakthough" experiences have been in Salvia land and from what I've heard that doesn't compare. You say mushies get you slower and deeper into the trip, which sounds worth exploring. Mushies always seem to have me laughing a lot more than acid does. I don't know for some reason mushies feel playful, while acid feels eye of the tiger Shocked . if that makes any sense i dont know.lsd i just use much more wisely ever since i had a bad trip i feel like it has intelligence in its spirit and needs to be treated with respect.

Sorry, by "mushies get me deeper and slower into the trip" I actually meant that they provide a progressive development. I don't know about breaking through, as I haven't yet got there, but maybe one day Smile

terra_incognita wrote:
btw I hear on dmt you meet entities I have met entities on salvia as well, they are there every time. There are made up of energy. They are infinitely tall, misty and each have different colors, which I have come to see as the different emotions inside of me all of them have their own spirit and character. They guide me through the experience. They are always within me but I only see them when the bridge is gapped.

You shouldn't expect some thing specifically, just let go and enjoy the ride. Start low and accept anything that you're shown, because no one can tell what's going to happen next Smile
The truth...lies within.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 11/16/2011 4:45:56 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi terra_incognita,

Welcome to the Nexus. You might also want to submit an Introductory essay for yourself.

I find DMT to be its' own thing. It did not detract from or change other entheos at all. Other than, speaking personally, I started laughing flippantly at hardcore LSD time dilation after doing a lot of DMT - it seemed like a joke in comparison.

If anything, DMT use taught me how to go deeper on lower doses of other entheos. I don't know how or why. I know at least one person would attribute this to my singular use of iboga root bark other than DMT, but I'm pretty sure it's the spice that did this. I go much deeper on lower doses of other things these days. I sometimes even breakthrough, usually on low dose combinations. This never happened before.

DMT entities are their own thing. I have found them to be very different from Salvia entities. I KNOW my Salvia entities - they are characters from my childhood decades ago OR they are myself viewable in parallel universes. My DMT entitiees may very well be reflections of my un/subconscious but they sure as heck seem extremely alien. Some are friendly, some are playful, some are curious, some are pushy and some are sadistic. I love them all.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU