We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT: Not like it used to be Options

MeatMachine
#1 Posted : 11/15/2011 12:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys

I'm aware the forum has a search functon and I've read a few other topics that sounded similar to my situations, yet were different enough, I feel, to warrant me creating my own thread to get some opinions.

In short- DMT doesn't seem to affect me like it used to.

CEVs are harder to initiate (I have to concentrate to get them going) and I don't get the same dettachment from reality I used to get. On top of this, the CEVs are totally different- they are comprised of a spangly blue/whitish array of 'stars', and mostly form flowing, convulsing joker or skull-like faces against the black background of my eyelids. Occaisionally I will see geometric objects that are remniscent of what I used to get but they are faint. OEVs produce no warping of space like they used to- just ebbing, flowing patterns in my walls and carpet that are now the highlight of the experience. ALSO I've noticed bright points of light in my vision that feel very magical and almost remniscent of a shrooms trip (though I've never had these on shrooms).

The thing is, I've heard of this happening after what I would consider abuse of DMT- people smoking every day- but I was smoking DMT once or twice a fortnight, always making sure I was in a relaxed and ready state of mind for it.

The onset of this difference actually started pretty quickly- just after one of my most pleasurable trips yet, in which I was engulfed by an almighty pink cloud of pure love, something I saw as a reward from the DMT being for getting my smoking tech just right... Pretty much straight after this trip, I lost the ability to see what I used to be able to.

I mentioned this to people in chat and was recommended to take a month or so off DMT and experiment with harmalas- so it's been about 7 weeks now, and I've been playing around with a 50x passionflower extract I obtained online (smoking (eurgh!) and drinking in tea).
My diet has been impeccable lately, I'm healthier than I've been in quite some time!

But I just tried smoking what would usually be a breakthrough dose, and still the same things happened...

I did however just realise that this also started about the same time I started my most recent extraction run from half a kilo of MRHB, so I am not ruling out the possibility that I messed up the extraction somehow or got a duff batch of bark?

I have only one other friend whom I've shared DMT with, and has experienced amazing things with me. However he hasn't done it since I started getting this lull in DMT effectiveness. I do intend for him to try out some of my new (and perfectly healthy looking!) spice to see if it really is something within me that is preventing me from experiencing the greatness I once felt.

Some other advice I read on the forums was to try some form of oral DMT.
I'm intending to get some syrian rue and do pharmahausca when my friend is out of hospital to help me on the journey.

So there we have it... Any thoughts or guidance for a hypernaught who's lost his space boots?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/15/2011 1:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._experiences_anymore_.3F

Maybe some tips and ideas there help.

Take a longer break than 7 weeks, dedicate yourself to other things in life. Try 3-6 months. Oral DMT is a possibility indeed, but maybe still take another break.

Good luck!

soulfood
#3 Posted : 11/15/2011 3:30:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm currently going through this also. My last attempt was an oral administration 2 months ago containing 4g rue and !20g! Mimosa. Only gentle distortion and no cev.

Small vaped doses used to produce tribal pattern-like CEVs like oil floating on water giving that rainbow effect. No only static-like imagery with the occasional distorted image.

The mental head space is still the same though.

I'm not going to try again until I fully initiate the next chapter of my life.

MeatMachine
#4 Posted : 11/15/2011 3:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like soulfood's idea about waiting until the next chapter in my life... Although I am mentally stable now, it has been a dark past few months. I shall indeed have to wait until I have grown to the next stage.

What a shame though, I now have a bag with perhaps 5 or 6 grams of DMT to babysit...

Tfin
#5 Posted : 11/15/2011 3:52:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Squirrel it away in as dark and air tight container you can obtain.

Then it will be there waiting for you when you're ready for it again.

jbark
#6 Posted : 11/15/2011 4:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MeatMachine wrote:

What a shame though, I now have a bag with perhaps 5 or 6 grams of DMT to babysit... Any idea what I could do with all this? I'm considering selling it on but something tells me that's not the best of ideas.

Terrible idea. Talk of selling here is prohibited, and beyond that, selling is frankly irresponsible and an act that will put us all at risk.

DO NOT SELL SPICE

Don't worry, it'll keep for years in a freezer if in an airtight container.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

OGB
#7 Posted : 11/15/2011 5:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The same thing happened to me too... i only had very little OEVs, only moving patterns on the floor and walls. But it gave me the feeling, that im not totally happy with my life and DMT musnt be an escape from reality. I made some changes in my life... and since then the trips are incredible.
Also it helps me to think about what i want to achieve with that trip a couple of minutes before smoking. Its a little bit like deciding to watch a specific movie instead of randomly switching on TV.
All post are fully fictional. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

jamie
#8 Posted : 11/15/2011 5:16:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

MeatMachine wrote:
What a shame though, I now have a bag with perhaps 5 or 6 grams of DMT to babysit... Any idea what I could do with all this? I'm considering selling it on but something tells me that's not the best of ideas.

It is plainly stated in the forum rules that any talk of selling is not to be discussed here and the nexus does not support it. Please re-read the foruim rules.
Long live the unwoke.

MeatMachine
#9 Posted : 11/15/2011 7:32:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My sincere apologies, I have edited my post.

Tfin
#10 Posted : 11/15/2011 8:18:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MeatMachine wrote:
My sincere apologies, I have edited my post.

Wink Nice!

BristlesWildly
#11 Posted : 11/15/2011 10:06:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had similar experiences, Meatman. OGB is right when he says it's about working out your "real life" (whatever that means) and setting the mysteries aside for a while. After a good honeymoon phase where I broke through once a week, the visuals just stopped forming fully for me. Any entities I did encounter seemed sarcastic and mocking. I just had gotten my head stuck too far into the fantasy without focusing on improving myself and the world around me.

Good luck in the future. IT can happen again; just focus on the ineffable experience of existence for now. Meditate and express yourself creatively, and you'll feel the call when it's right again.