We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Residue after smoking Options

virtualmark
#1 Posted : 10/24/2011 8:28:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there. After smoking dmt in a pipe, theres usually a bit left over. Is this still dmt? Is it smokeable? Or should i clean it out?

My dmt was yellow as i didn't have any heptane to purify it. So i'm wondering if this residue was just waste.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/24/2011 8:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends. If you said you were using a vaporizing pipe, I would think its most certainly just some recondensed dmt or dmt n-oxide.. But if youre using a normal pipe and smoking, the residue can be a bit of dmt and dmt n-oxide, but it very likely is also some combustion byproduct which might not be nice to smoke (nitrogen oxides kind of substances that might be toxic, for example). I would say rather just clean your pipe and use new dmt next time.

And for the long run, try to make yourself a vaporizing pipe (check ¨the Inspirator mkII¨ design from amor fati, here in the forum), or buy something like the GVG...

AluminumFoilRobots
#3 Posted : 10/24/2011 9:11:43 PM

gufyg

I have scraped my apparatus and used the residue. I believe it is a mix of N-oxides and inactive decomposition products. I got two lungfulls which if I remember correctly tasted basically normal but which had attenuated effects compared to a fresh two lungfulls. I normally have clear two dimensional CEV's at that dose, but with the residue they were very dark purple and only vaguely formed. I remember getting a distinct euphoria mostly connected to physical sensations. Like a yawn or a good stretch while hugging someone
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

virtualmark
#4 Posted : 10/25/2011 7:43:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah it was a shake n vape pipe, so i guess there may be some dmt left in there. the flame doesn't touch the dmt, its heated from underneath.

Global
#5 Posted : 10/25/2011 8:15:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I would get some 92% isopropyl alcohol, rinse it through the vape, collect the alcohol and evaporate in a well-ventilated area. You should have some DMT to scrape up when it's done evaporating. When it no longer smells like alcohol, it's good to go. I've found that what I collect can be significantly more potent than the initially vaped DMT for some reason.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tele
#6 Posted : 10/25/2011 8:24:52 PM
Explorer

Global wrote:
I would get some 92% isopropyl alcohol, rinse it through the vape, collect the alcohol and evaporate in a well-ventilated area. You should have some DMT to scrape up when it's done evaporating. When it no longer smells like alcohol, it's good to go. I've found that what I collect can be significantly more potent than the initially vaped DMT for some reason.

I have never heard of DMT being more potent than it is, in it's pure form... Is it even possible?

Ice
#7 Posted : 10/25/2011 10:08:11 PM
silently awaiting

I've noticed an increased potency with the "residue" also. Usually if I smoalk with others, there is a little excess left in the bowl when they hit it, and rather than chance the next person not blasting off, I just put a little extra on top. The next day, I scrape the bowl and hit it. Maybe my imagination, but that dmt is crazy stuff. Every time I hit a recycled bowl, the experience is even moar mind-blowing than usual.

Maybe the elves are grateful of my recycling and therefore reward me with increased reception. ;-)
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

Global
#8 Posted : 10/25/2011 11:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:
Global wrote:

I have never heard of DMT being more potent than it is, in it's pure form... Is it even possible?

I don't know what to tell you tele. I can't rationalize it any more than I can just let you know how my experience has been and that is that I need significantly less DMT residue to get significantly further than with the original DMT.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

virtualmark
#9 Posted : 11/12/2011 8:47:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

An update on this - me and two friends smoked what was left over and it knocked us into the middle of next week. It seems that i had bad smoking technique, and wasn't letting the DMT fully evaporate when smoking it before, as quite a lot had built up. Anyhow, my friend heated the pipe, the dmt started smoking, he took 3 long hits and was gone. I continued to heat it and let the next guy take two hits and he was gone. While still heating the pipe(its a shake n vape) i took one big hit and immediately felt the effects. So i put the pipe down and blasted off.

We all had a nice experience, and learnt a bit about how to smoke it properly with a vaporizer pipe. I obviously wasn't getting it hot enough when i'd tried before, although i definitely had a breakthrough experience. My friend also showed me his weighed out .1 grams, which was way less than i'd been putting in. So in future i shall be weighing out .05g and no more. As this happened:

About 2 hours after our blast off, my friend decided to be a big man and heated the hell out of the pipe(no more dmt was added, just the residue). He took one massive long hit(there was tons of smoke), then he sat back and made a funny noise. He then proceeded to throw up all over himself and laid shaking for about 20 minutes. The only words he said was 'so this is it, i'm dead'. When he came back round he was paranoid, and accused us of looking at him(we was pretty worried about him). He was totally fine about an hour after, but it just shows how important it is to weigh your dosage correctly. Lesson learned.

PrimateSphinx
#10 Posted : 11/13/2011 1:40:27 AM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

one time after a few friends had smoked a few doses out of a bong I notice that the bottom of the bong bowl was waaaay to shiny for be it to be weed resin. so my alter ego started torching the bowl and got a huge spice rip somewhat to his surprise. 4-5 rips later (yeah there was that much) he closed his eyes and appeared in an infinite grid pattern like the one the Alex Grey painting Theologue. A few seconds later a Mayan pyramid appeared in the grid pattern as did a man in a Mayan headdress walking in the air toward the top of the pyramids sacrifice altar. When the man reached the top he turned to look at my alter ego. As he looked at him an Egyptian pyramid appeared to the left of the Mayan one and so did a naked dark skinned woman walking out of the left of his vision. The man and woman joined hands and looked at my alter ego silently with smiles on there faces. Then out of the center of the couple and the pyramids a complex Indian mandala started to form. The mandala from there turned into a complex green and orange fractal tunnel which he was sucked into and pulled to the end where there was a sort of black hole that he couldn't go beyond. At this point he opened his eyes and turned on the light and all the walls were waving as if they were sheets in the wind. This was all from dmt residue, granted a lot of it but residue nonetheless. So be wary of taking residue hits or at least a lot of them. You might be pretty shocked with the result
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

VoidTraveler
#11 Posted : 11/13/2011 9:42:13 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

virtualmark wrote:
My friend also showed me his weighed out .1 grams, which was way less than i'd been putting in. So in future i shall be weighing out .05g and no more.

Wait, you've been putting more than 100mg in your pipe in 1 time? It's not a miracle he had the worst trip one could possibly imagine, most people report a breakthrough at 40mg and you're putting at least 2.5 times that in the pipe.

I think I smoked my first 30mg dose yesterday(I have this tiny metal spoon with a non-cutting blade on it) and I put in 3 scoops. I should probably weigh how much a scoop is(by dropping 10 scoops on my scale to make sure the amount I'm weighing is large enough to accurately measure it). What I saw while in there was AMAZING and I didn't even breakthrough(I was so overwhelmed after my 2nd toke that I just laid back and enjoyed the visuals).

I do have residue left in my pipe but I think that is mostly impurities because I "burn" my bowl clean by gently heating the bowl all around and getting any leftover DMT out. There are tiny specks which I assume are the impurities. I shall see after my next extraction which will be an A/B.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

virtualmark
#12 Posted : 11/13/2011 9:53:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah i had been putting too much in, but due to bad smoking technique it wasn't all getting used. i had a breakthrough each time i did it, usually after 3 rips. I'm still trying to make sense of what i saw now. But once we'd learnt that we need to heat it loads with a vaporizer pipe, then it let us take bigger hits. This was the mistake my friend made, as we didn't realize how much was left! After all, 3 of us had just had a breakthrough without even putting any fresh dmt in the pipe, how much could be leftover lol. That was the reasoning anyhow.