We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi all. Options

Riboflavin
#1 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you. Heard about this place over at the shroomery and it looks sweet.Smile
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:03:39 PM

Teotzlcoatl

People here are a little bit more mature than at the shroomery.

Welcome.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:13:01 PM

The Great Namah

Welcome!

Take a look around, read some posts, kick back and enjoy.

We've got a lot of different things going on here, so if you are interested in DMT and/or its analogs you are in the right place!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:13:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey Riboflavin. That name is so familiar to me. me and my friend used to make fun of this book in food class cause it said riboflavin on it. nice

Riboflavin
#5 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
People here are a little bit more mature than at the shroomery.

Welcome.

Lol, we've got all sorts there.

Darkbb wrote:
hey Riboflavin. That name is so familiar to me. me and my friend used to make fun of this book in food class cause it said riboflavin on it. nice

I got it off a bag of chips Smile

acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome!

Take a look around, read some posts, kick back and enjoy.

We've got a lot of different things going on here, so if you are interested in DMT and/or its analogs you are in the right place!

I am, I've never tried it but swim has some mhrb thats been sitting around for about a year that they decided to try to finally get down to business with.

ambi-lysergance
#6 Posted : 12/17/2008 10:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome friend!
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

tryptographer
#7 Posted : 12/17/2008 11:43:10 PM

tryptamine photographer

Riboflavin wrote:
I am, I've never tried it but swim has some mhrb thats been sitting around for about a year that they decided to try to finally get down to business with.

It's worth it, just do it!

But mushrooms are absolutely wonderful too; I'm cultivating again, those Golden Teacher and Amazonian spores are hardy, they can survive years in a syringe! Pleased

Nanaki
#8 Posted : 12/17/2008 11:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

trypt,

Which strain would SWIY recommend to start with someone who's never done or grown mushrooms before. SWIM hears there is a YouTube video of how to grow them, but there are so many strains of the cubes.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Riboflavin
#9 Posted : 12/18/2008 2:54:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ambi-lysergance wrote:
welcome friend!

Thank you!

tryptographer wrote:

It's worth it, just do it!

But mushrooms are absolutely wonderful too; I'm cultivating again, those Golden Teacher and Amazonian spores are hardy, they can survive years in a syringe! Pleased

As we speak swim was trying this tek, I've got lye and whatnot but it kinda scares swim a bit to work with (swim's no chemist), so I thought I'd give this method a go.

"In my travels I discovered this method. Its not been made into a tek as such yet but heres is the method. I've written it out in easy to understand language with some extra info to make it even easier.

The advantage of this tek is the chems are cheaper AND its impossible to form emulsions! :cool:

Chems:

MHRB
Acetone (highly flammable so be careful)
Sodium carbonate

Tools:

Glassware (demijohn/jam jars)
Filters (nylon stockings, t-shirt or coffee filter)
Evaporation dish (flat bottomed glass cooking dish is a good option)

Tek:

1. Wash mimosa with acetone. Discard acetone. Do this 3-4 times. *
2. Make a 1:1 mix with mimosa:sodium carbonate (even 5 parts mimosa to 1 part sodium carbonate should be fine)
3. Make it wet to a thin paste-like consistency (wet with water not acetone!)
4. Let it dry completely!
5. Extract DMT-freebase with acetone
6. Filter off MHRB pulp and evaporate acetone to retrieve your DMT crystals
7. Enjoy!

Notes:

* Before adding the sodium carbonate to the MHRB, you should wash the MHRB with acetone; Acetone won't dissolve the spice out of the bark until after you add the carbonate! By washing with acetone beforehand, you remove all the other (non-alkaloid) stuff that acetone can dissolve from the bark. This results in a cleaner extract. You absolutely NEED to defat with acetone first several times with the alkaloids in their salt form. If you do not, you'll get a bunch of junk in your final product.

Sodium bicarbonate ---> Sodium carbonate synth:

Basically just put it in the oven and heat it! 1 hour at 200 C will convert all the sodium bicarbonate to sodium carbonate.

You may want to try dissolving the pulp in acetone a second time after you've collected your first yield because some more DMT may still be collected.

Everything used is easily available OTC in very pure forms.

I hope this has helped somebody!"

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 12/18/2008 2:54:10 PM

The Great Namah

An A/B extraction might sound difficult, but really it is not all that hard.

There are some good teks on here with pics that you might enjoy reading.

Lye can be dangerous, but wear glasses or goggles and gloves, add the lye to water slowly, and you should be fine. An A/B uses a lot less lye and imho is a lot less dangerous.

If the tek you have works well it might be a good way to get xtals. I would highly suggest doing an recrystalization on the spice you get from that extraction (dissolve spice in hot naphtha, only a very small amount 75ml/gram, pour naphtha off into a new jar leaving yellow oils, evap in a dark, still place to get large needle like crystal formations).
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Riboflavin
#11 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:05:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

If the tek you have works well it might be a good way to get xtals. I would highly suggest doing an recrystalization on the spice you get from that extraction (dissolve spice in hot naphtha, only a very small amount 75ml/gram, pour naphtha off into a new jar leaving yellow oils, evap in a dark, still place to get large needle like crystal formations).

Sure, swim certainly wouldn't mind having some purty crystals, but this just gives me a neater looking end result doesn't it? Or does it accomplish something else besides that? (yeah I'm a n00b)

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:16:09 PM

The Great Namah

Riboflavin wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

Sure, swim certainly wouldn't mind having some purty crystals, but this just gives me a neater looking end result doesn't it? Or does it accomplish something else besides that? (yeah I'm a n00b)

Well, it depends. You are most likely going to end up with "jungle spice" doing an acetone extraction. This is quite different from pure DMT. Most of the time people use naphtha as thier NP solvent, but new teks have been coming out using acetone.

People who use naphtha are only extracting DMT and some oil. Acetone pulls out a lot more. Mimosa has quite a few active alkaloids besides DMT. Your wax (probably won't actually get too many crystals) will be more potent than pure DMT (slightly), but again the effect won't be the same either.

A recrytalization in this case will seperate your wax into two different alkaloid profiles. One will be mainly DMT from the recystalization. The other will be some DMT and a mess of other chemicals including DMT N-Oxide, beta-carbolines, and the mysterious "jungle spice". This second mix will be what is left behind (won't dissolve) after disolving the wax in warm naphtha/bestine(heptane)/hexane.

The choice is up to you, but for your extraction recrystalization is more than just cleaning up crystals to have them look pretty and smoke smoother. It will be to seperate the DMT from everything else.
The Spice extends life

Riboflavin
#13 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking that recrystallizing might not be such a bad idea then. Thanks.

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 12/18/2008 8:53:26 PM

The Great Namah

Keep in mind that if you do a recrystalization both the red waxy oil that does not dissolve in naphtha as well as the fluffy white crystals will be active.

Red waxy oil (aka Jungle Spice) is reported active at 5-20mgs but produces different effects than pure spice. There are a couple of threads on the forum discussing jungle spice.
The Spice extends life

Riboflavin
#15 Posted : 12/20/2008 5:11:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on, swim looks forward to trying them both, shortly after the sodium carbonate was added the mixture turned hard as a rock on the outside so he's been stabbing at it with a knife to break it up a good bit and help it dry.