We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Very First TRUE Lucid Dream - And Moar - An Ongoing Journey Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:41:17 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I have just had the very first true lucid dream of my life

Wow, am I amazed. I lay down for a nap - set my alarm for 1 hour, 40 mins later and fell asleep quickly. . . . .

Next thing I am aware of I am in a workshop standing in front of two men I know, one of which I last saw at Earthdance, 2011 and the other of which I last saw in person in 2005. They both have the same first name, Peter.

The two Peters were talking about something being built in this workshop and I was standing in front of them. I was trying to figure out what was going on but I knew I recognized them. I started kind of moaning or groaning and the Peter I last saw in 2005 asked me what was wrong. I told him I was really really high and that this was not real. At that moment I was convinced I had smoked a huge dose of DMT and completely forgotten. I remembered I had been planning on smoking after dinner tonight. . . . .

They chuckled and rolled their eyes and asked what I was on. As I was trying to explain DMT and my GVG I quickly looked around and had a blast of a realization: This is NOT hyperspace! Then it hit me - Holy _ _ _ _ I MUST be dreaming! This is a lucid dream! I am dreaming! This is a dream!

I kept repeating this over and over to myself because EVERY single other time when this had happened (I realized I was dreaming within a dream) the very moment I became lucid I would spontaneously awaken. I kept testing it, over and over.

But I did not awaken. The Peters kept looking at me. I chuckled and told them, "Wow! I was wrong. This is not a trip. It's a dream. I am dreaming this guys! This is a dream!" They laughed, looked at each other, then the Peter from 2005 reached to his toolbelt and removed a walkie-talkie. He wanted me to tell someone on the other end of the line that this was all just a dream.

I looked at the walkie-talkie and it was covered in a huge number of buttons, switches, lights, controls, etc. The face of this communications device was the most DMT element (in appearance) in this dream due to it's sheer amount of complexity, number of colored lights etc. I laughed out loud and told Peter that I did not know how to operate these new-fangled Post-Modern devices. He laughed back and showed me the correct switch. I pressed it and spoke into the device telling whoever was there, "This is all just a dream of mine." There was no reply. The Peters smiled and I returned the walkie-talkie.

I then wished them good luck and said goodbye as I ascended out of there via flying. In the past flying had always been my first lucid dream impulse and that's when I would awaken. I did not awaken.

As I exited the building I realized it was dark. Really dark. Greyness was everywhere. Not one city or car or technology light to be seen for as far as I could see. No stars or moon visible above as if it were foggy. As I continued to ascend, I could see a very large tree with many, many black, leafless branches spreading out into infinite sub-branchings. I was slowly getting closer to it.

I was no longer in control and feeling kind of freaked out. I had been lucid for so darned long. It was actually kind of worrying me in a vague, anxious way. So, I simply took one last look around and one last look at that tree and . . . . told myself to wake up.

My eyes opened.

Amazing and uniquely, fantastically novel experience for me! I sense a HUGE amount of potential here with this altered state. And it is fascinating that no drugs are required to get there.

I would like to be able to do some working and exploring within the lucid dream state. Yet, given my hit rate . . . . one every 43 years, . . . it is not boding well for a repeat performance within my lifetime. . .

Peace & Loave
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/2/2011 1:56:14 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Pandora wrote:

Amazing and uniquely, fantastically novel experience for me! I sense a HUGE amount of potential here with this altered state. And it is fascinating that no drugs are required to get there.

I would like to be able to do some working and exploring within the lucid dream state. Yet, given my hit rate . . . . one every 43 years, . . . it is not boding well for a repeat performance within my lifetime. . .

Peace & Loave

LOL, i love this, thanks for writing it up in detail. A lot of potential indeed! Keep at it pand, there are a lot of ways to increase your chances of lucid dreaming, and it only gets deeper the more you do it :]

the fact that we can experience anything we can imagine in a virtual world that feels as real as this one, and is created by (or accessed?) through our own heads astonishes me to no end. I've been lucid dreaming for years and i've gotten to places where I can create objects countless times (once i get over the urge to immediately manifest girls Razz ).

What fascinates me more though is how this creating ability sort of leaves my control at a point, and suddenly its like my inner dialogue/thoughts are manifesting in this 3-D dream state so that i'm literally seeing creating and feeling this vortex of 'self' that is ME and is controlled by me but appears outside of me. It is one of the most bizarre things i've ever experienced and makes me wonder what we could create in our heads if we could find a way to reliably tap into this.. Usually this gets extremely hyperspatial and i loose recollection of where it leads at a certain point because it builds so fast and is very intense

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

entheogenadvocate
#3 Posted : 11/2/2011 2:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was so much fun to read! I was on the edge of my seat till the end, unable to even reach for the bong rip I'd packed prior to clicking the thread. I've always wanted to experience lucid dreaming, but this type of journey continues to elude me. Sad

The closest thing I've ever had to a lucid dream is an overwhelming sense of deja vu where I suddenly remember that I've already experienced what was happening in a previous dream.

Your experience has motivated me to make a more conscious effort to make this goal a reality. I wish you a better success rate in the future!

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

entheogenadvocate
#4 Posted : 11/2/2011 2:06:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
there are a lot of ways to increase your chances of lucid dreaming, and it only gets deeper the more you do it :]

I'd love to know some of your secrets!
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

EmptyHand
#5 Posted : 11/2/2011 2:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had several unintentional lucid dreams in my life but had little interest in the subject until I heard Robert Waggoner speak at the recent Science and Nonduality conference in San Rafael, CA. Waggoner showed me that lucid dreaming can be a gateway to nondual realization and is not just a trippy entertainment. I've attached Waggoner's EXCELLENT book but encourage you to buy it if you like it, as this is only fair to the author. For a more "how-to" book I highly recommend "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by LaBerge.

eH

universecannon
#6 Posted : 11/2/2011 3:08:56 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

entheogenadvocate wrote:

Quote:
there are a lot of ways to increase your chances of lucid dreaming, and it only gets deeper the more you do it :]

I'd love to know some of your secrets!

No secrets here.. good techniques, like W.I.L.D. for example, are all over the web...and the nexus! https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=13134&p=2

a combination of approaches is the most affective way

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Oneiroi
#7 Posted : 11/2/2011 3:16:31 AM

Tim

Awesome report Pandora! Lucid dreaming is an incredible thing. It feels like tripping without doing drugs, as you realize the world around you is a complete figment of your imagination yet everything seems real. I'm lucky enough to have a lucid dream about once a month or so. I'd also recommend Steven LaBerge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming". It's a how to guide on lucid dreaming, and even if hard to put some of the ideas into practice, can be very interesting and can give you great ideas of the possibilities you can have while lucid dreaming.

It can be hard to stay lucid without awakening. Sometimes just the excitement of realizing you are dreaming seems to stir your brain right out of the dream. I find that if I remain calm and try to simply just observe my dream for a while, I can stay in the lucid state for longer.

For those interested in getting their first lucid dream, look up the WILD technique. I find its one of the the most effective techniques.
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

Hyperspace Fool
#8 Posted : 11/2/2011 10:37:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations Pan!

I'm happy for you to have breached this gate of dreaming and opened this most magical of portals.

It is likely you have had lucid dreams before but simply didn't remember them upon awakening. It is also quite likely that your frequency of having them will increase dramatically now that you have a taste of how awesome they can be and your subconscious realizes you enjoy them.

As anyone who has read through some of the lucid dreaming threads here already knows, I am a huge proponent of this inner technology, and have such dreams many times a night.

LaBerge's great book is actually available on this site's file page for download as a pdf... https://www.dmt-nexus.me...f%20Lucid%20Dreaming.pdf

In addition to LaBerge and the classic Creative Dreaming (which I still have my first edition paperback of), I would watch all of these videos from Lucidology 101: http://www.youtube.com/u...cks#p/c/E3E88DE0B45599E3 There are 10 free lessons that even go up to WILDing. He has some seriously advanced stuff that you can order on his website...

In fact, most of the books on the subject are worth reading.

A Dutch guy nicknamed Bird used to give a ton of information for free on his website, but I notice that now he is selling it as a 200 page book and a 7 CD set with brainwave entrainment and more.

Contrary to other opinions, I don't think that WILDing is easier than waking up inside a dream. But it is seriously badass if you can get it to work.

There are realms and experiences available via lucid dreaming that go well beyond subconscious spring cleaning or wish fulfillment. A good many of science's great leaps forward were actually conceived upon awakening from a dream...
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Pandora
#9 Posted : 11/11/2011 3:40:33 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Ever since the first lucid dream I've been working this with a great deal of intention and focus. I think and meditate on it a lot. As I fall asleep I tell myself it is my intention to have a lucid dream, to wake up in my dream and realize it. I have taken up the infrequent practice of "reality checking," looking at the back of my hand or some fine detailed text or numerical information, looking away, then checking again to see if it's the same or even readable.

Well, I am pleased to report I am having success.

This is so exciting. I thank DMT for opening me up to this. I've been interested in and wanting to have lucid dreams for a couple of decades, ever since I first heard about them.

The initial manifestations were close . . .. but I would awaken before the moment of lucidity. The themes seem to involve embarrassment, self-consciousness, recognition that something is wrong, etc.

1.) This one was within a few days of the first: I was talking to a woman, I don't know who, but I was sure it was a Nexian. I was trying to tell her about Opticus. I accidentally sprayed her with a bit of spittle from my mouth, between my excitement and missing tooth, this is something I must attend to. I was very apologetic and horribly embarrassed. Suddenly, I realized, WAIT! I don't get horribly embarrassed about such things, even if self-conscious. Something is wrong here. I looked around and began to get the inkling. . . . . . that my cat was pawing me, trying to encourage me to awaken to gift her with an early breakfast.

2.) This one was 3-4 days ago. As I drift off to sleep, I frequently play old radio shows from my childhood. I am a big fan of the CBS Radio Mystery Theater, hosted by E.G. Marshall. I'm listening to E.G. Marshall give an intro and as part of the intro he relates the classic tale of Antrocles & the Lion. I drift off chuckling and smiling, thinking about our very own antrocles. Next thing I know I'm in a room and there is E.G. Marshall talking about I don't know what. I look closely at him then I say, "Wait! You're E.G. Marshall! Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I look around, starting to realize . . .. . and I awaken!

3.) Last night was not the most restful - my joints have been . . . . reminding me that the name of the game is strip poker (very happy to be here playing!) . . . .and I finally gave it up around 4:15 a.m. after a lot of tossing and turning, clicking and cracking and a couple bathroom breaks. I loaded a bowl of cannabis and smoked a hit and a half. My heart wasn't in it. I read about 80 pages and actually took a couple Advil (something I don't like doing). I meditated but it only lasted about 5 mins. When my eyes opened, I thought, "Well there isn't much time left, but I'll crawl back in bed with my husband for a quick nap." Isis, my cat, slammed next to me and I was asleep instantly. . . . . then suddenly realized I was BACK in my living room with the book I had been reading in hand. Wait? Didn't I just go to bed? Whaaat? I look over and there is my husband and he's leaning over the beat up love seat at an impossible sideways angle, reaching up and over a side table, compressing and stretching himself like a man made out of pliable rubber. Oh wow! This must be a dream!

I quickly look at the back of my hand. Not very detailed and very very yellow. I look at the book - see some words. I look away. My husband is starting to stand back up and look more anthropomorphic. I look back at my hand. It is yellow and blurry and bunches of thin white hairs (very long) are coming out of it. I look at the book. The words are now senseless streams of numbers.

I am dreaming! I am lucid! This is a dream and I haven't awakened!

It felt so strangely surreal . . . . I don't know why but there was more than just a small element of borderline fearful, eerie creepiness.

I tried HARD to communicate to my husband that I was dreaming but suddenly I could not talk! It was like the I could feel the words, "This is a dream babe! I'm dreaming!" start in my head, travel down to my stomach, come up to my throat . . . and get STUCK! This was the ODDEST sensation. I could still breathe just fine. But I could not get a single word out! He looked at me strangely. I pointed to my head, my throat and the area where he had become Rubberman. He looked confused.

Finally I got it out and I kind of yelled it, "I'm dreaming - this is a dream!" He looked confused and a bit alarmed.

I felt even more creeped out. Is this really a dream? I mean I was JUST in here before I lay down . . . . my eyes opened.

Fascinating that during these lucid moments I do not necessarily feel "in control" much of the time.

Happy 11-11-11 folks. The fantastic adventure continues.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

EmptyHand
#10 Posted : 11/11/2011 3:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also devoting a great deal of time, energy and effort towards lucid dreaming these days. I'm recalling more dreams and my dream journal abilities are picking up steam. I bought a little digital voice recorder to dictate memories in the night and this really helps. I'm convinced it is just a matter of time before I go lucid. Also, just ordered some Galantamine to see if that helps me.

eH