We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I have no idea... Options

dtrypt
#1 Posted : 11/3/2011 10:13:48 AM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

Hi there

I'm from Southern Africa and have been privileged in that the spice "found" me when my mushroom cultivation put me in touch with quite a few people with interests across a broad spectrum of entheogens. For a country so off the beaten track, I am quite fortunate that I have access to affordable MHRB and other quality psychedelics.

I've been doing extractions for two years, but have gifted most of my spice as I only partake when the call is strong... which is not that often. Instinct tells me that I am not supposed to do this regularly.

To be honest, I have no idea what DMT is. I strongly lean towards materialsm and am an atheist. The DMT experience makes me want to believe that the mind could be separate from the brain, existing outside of three-dimensional space. On the other hand, the brain is a pretty powerful organ and what we experience daily as our common reality is staggeringly complex and I am sure it takes a lot more brain power to process than hyperspace.

But why would my mind conjure up a goddess of pure love and white light who put a ribbon of light into my forehead to light up my chakras? I don't believe in any of that crap, right? I had no expectations and have never given the third eye or chakras any though before. Still, they all lit up except for the throat and solar plexus which were dull and had a low vibration. After basking in that glorious changa afterglow, I googled "chakras" and it pretty much corresponded with my experience. The experience was as real as real can be.

So... my atheist mind creates a spiritual experience for shits and giggles then. Mmmm...

As I said, I have no idea what the score is and am not sure if I'll ever know. Meanwhile, all I can do is learn as much as possible, taking in as many opinions and experiences as possible. The Nexus seems to be a great place for that.

My quest is one of spiritual direction and there is a lot to take from this site.

Peace

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Purges
#2 Posted : 11/3/2011 12:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there! Welcome to the Nexus! I resonate with your experience greatly - I was very sceptical about the idea of 'God' for a long time, but through a series of deep, and incredibly touching experiences through DMT I have come to realise that EVERYTHING is God. Life has taken on a new spiritual meaning and I am so grateful for that.

I look forward to hearing about future journeys Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

dtrypt
#3 Posted : 11/3/2011 12:46:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

I really want to journey sooner than later. Just need to straighten out a couple of issues in my life first
and ensure a suitable setting (haven't done spice out in nature yet).

Will definitely report back...

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:30:35 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

dtrypt wrote:
Hi there

The DMT experience makes me want to believe that the mind could be separate from the brain, existing outside of three-dimensional space

Hello welcome new member great to have you and great read.

I believe this is 100% true^ The brain is definitely a completely separate organ from your mind.

i love your devotion toward spice and the respect you carry for it, i could definitely say for me using spice is a rarity, unless like you said it is really calling for you, lately i have been getting the call but i am still holding out, like you said this stuff is not made for use all the time i am sure that is a good sense.

Spice is a very magical tool and yea when you grow it seems to very hard to grasp onto the idea of god, and once you use these mind altering drugs ideas and your way of life is slowly dissolved away, and new ideas and concepts are built, for me believing in god was very hard, but now i know god is everything it is even you, i believe in multiple gods for example like the sun god, wind god, earth, water, i believe there is a universe god and many others.

where i grew up obvious many believe that god was this jesus guy, but to me yes you can say god, but he was a god of his time, when he walked this planet, its just sad to me that some of us grow up to believe that this guy was the creator of the earth or something. He was for sure a hero and he suffered everyone's pains so there could be some creation of unity, and there are many others just like jesus that have walked the earth and lived there time, like Gandhi why wasn't he god? well i dont want to continue ranting i hope you got the gist of what i was trying to say.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

tele
#5 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:35:14 PM
Explorer

dtrypt wrote:

To be honest, I have no idea what DMT is.

None of us has.Wink

WelcomeCool

Pandora
#6 Posted : 11/3/2011 2:46:16 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello dtrypt,

Welcome to the Nexus. Your intro certainly resonated deeply with me. I too come from an atheist background but have had a kind of spirituality awakened by DMT. I too have had a large number of shamanic experiences happen to me - "I don't believe in that kind of crap" kind of stuff. It makes me LOL and feel great love. There's still novelty and mystery in this world and always will be.

Regardless, welcome to the Nexus. I do hope you will become a regular presence as you sound like someone who could make some interesting contributions.

Again, welcome.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

dtrypt
#7 Posted : 11/3/2011 4:30:39 PM

I've been lurking for a while but it was actually your (Pandora) thread about existential/midlife crises that made me join. I'm going through the same thing and it was good to know that I wasn't suffering alone. (not that I would wish any crisis of the mind on anyone)

It's the reason I am not touching spice at this stage... it will either pull me out of my current funk, or hyperslap me sideways and I couldn't possibly deal with that right now.

What I want more than anything in my life is a stable and permanent belief system of sorts. Even if that ends up being staunch atheism, as long as I can abide by and celebrate it and be happy. If there is a god, then we ourselves are it for sure. Mushrooms have made me realize that consciousness is the most complex thing in the universe but it can also take a simpler form that runs though everything, including what we would normally perceive as sterile.

One thing is for sure, life is the universe sensing and experiencing itself. Everything is one. At least I'm sure of that.

gammagore
#8 Posted : 11/4/2011 10:49:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus bru!

Hope to see more of you around here

Lekker lekker soz a krekkerSmile

dtrypt
#9 Posted : 11/4/2011 1:28:29 PM

lol @ gammagore... I did not expect someone on the Nexus to tune me lekker lekker Laughing

thanks for the welcome

Tfin
#10 Posted : 11/4/2011 1:53:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting to hear several say that they were/are atheists before trying DMT and now after having done so have begun to question that stance.

I come from the other side of the coin in that I was raised in a christian environment. Heck my Grandfather was even a minister. As a kid I went to Sunday school and attended church. I had been programmed to believe that "God" was this old man with a long white beard who lives up in the sky and judges everyone. Do what he says, you go to heaven...disobey him and you go to hell.

Although as I got older I didn't really attend church anymore, I still held these beliefs.....that is until about 4 years ago when a friend of mine introduced me to the likes of David Icke. From that point on my life completely turned inside out and upside down. I haven't discovered the bottom of the rabbit hole yet, but at least I now know its there and goes very, very deep.

I began being exposed to all this new information and ultimately realized that this world/life/reality/whatever is nothing like what we've been led to believe.

So my exposure to DMT has only helped to reinforce many of the things I've learned over the last several years.

dmtk2852
#11 Posted : 11/4/2011 2:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus dtrypt,

I enjoyed reading your post and I must say it was very interesting.
I had a similar experience with spice, it caused me to question every thing I thought I knew. If you can reconcile hyperspace within any belief system then you're certainly on the right path.

I encourage you to keep searching and I hope you find what you are looking for. Even if it's a concrete belief system, keep in mind that nobody knows for sure which is the correct/true one, or if any of them are even correct at all.

oden
#12 Posted : 11/4/2011 8:12:47 PM

odin the one

welcome.. we have had some of the same thoughts. glad your here. i really liked the share. peace and love from the tribe

PrimalWisdom
#13 Posted : 11/10/2011 11:57:02 AM

Everything the light touches

Hey dtrypt Smile
Another South African here 0/
Great intro! I too have had my spiritual belief system turned upside down through my psychedelic use, DMT was the most influential one by far though. With the more common psychedelics I always felt like there might be something else going on other than just been born, living and then dying. DMT did the same, but after my first decent breakthrough I am now completely convinced there is something/somewhere else for us to see/go. I guess I'll never know for sure what/where this is until I die, but its great to meet like minded travellers on the quest for similar knowledge.

Peace
PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

dtrypt
#14 Posted : 11/10/2011 12:45:51 PM

Aweh PW...

I'm planning on taking some acid this weekend to hopefully help me clear out some cobwebs on an outdoor dancefloor in the Cape mountains. This should pave the way for a deep changa session in the very near future. My main intent is to meditate on the meaning of life and my place in the universe.

Will report back once I can establish a proper set and setting for the changa...

Purges
#15 Posted : 11/10/2011 2:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dtrypt wrote:
Aweh PW...

I'm planning on taking some acid this weekend to hopefully help me clear out some cobwebs on an outdoor dancefloor in the Cape mountains. This should pave the way for a deep changa session in the very near future. My main intent is to meditate on the meaning of life and my place in the universe.

Will report back once I can establish a proper set and setting for the changa...

That sounds like a marvelous weekend! I want to take some acid soon but the weather has been so miserable and I want to spend at least a couple of hours rolling in the grass...

As for the Changa, I think you should smoalk it tomorrow during the SHE! Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

PrimalWisdom
#16 Posted : 11/10/2011 2:56:16 PM

Everything the light touches

dtrypt wrote:
Aweh PW...

Awesome man!
I might be finding myself on the same dance floor this weekend Very happy (if its the same groovy party)

Have fun, can't wait to hear your report!

Peace
PW
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Pandora
#17 Posted : 11/10/2011 3:29:10 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

dtrypt,

Yes, I want to mention the SHE also. SHE = Synchronized Hyperspace Event. We are going to do this tomorrow, 11-11. It will be going on all day and if anyone wants to join the online group, just jump into the chat room (link in upper right corner of Forum).

At first I was skeptical, but it's true, it's nice to launch and return to a group of online folks who are familiar with the types of territories you are exploring.

Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and find some answers.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

polytrip
#18 Posted : 11/10/2011 3:51:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
dtrypt wrote:
What I want more than anything in my life is a stable and permanent belief system of sorts.

I would also like there to be such a thing for me. But stable, rock-solid belief systems usually only work for simple minds who aren´t blessed/burdened with the ability to think critically, to doubt anything including themselves or to ask questions.
Uncertainty is almost like the very essence of reality itself.

The only thing that works for me personally is to place brackets between anything i know objectively and things that i consider to be personal, subjective beliefs. I can privately belief whatever i want, but i always remain sceptical to my own beliefs in some sort of way:it´s only something i belief, not a fact.

Tfin
#19 Posted : 11/10/2011 4:59:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think Tom Campbell (author of My Big TOE) may of said it best....."open minded skepticism".

dtrypt
#20 Posted : 11/11/2011 9:38:55 AM

PrimalWisdom wrote:

I might be finding myself on the same dance floor this weekend Very happy (if its the same groovy party)

It's the same groovy party indeed!

On the topic of critical thinking and skepticism, that is my very nature. I question every damned thing. My mind is sometimes so open that my brains seem to fall out. I am certain of very little. I know that there is life and death and that I cannot walk through solid rock or breathe in water. Hard physical constants. But the rest of reality is very uncertain and illusionary.

Lots to think about this weekend Very happy