We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My most recent and fascinating discovery (meditation) Options

TheAppleCore
#1 Posted : 11/10/2011 4:13:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really believe that I have stumbled upon something very powerful here.

Which is why I also believe that I'm not the first person to work with my mind in this way. In fact I'm sure thousands of people have crossed paths with the fundamental concept behind this meditation. I've picked up on this flavor in religious traditions, philosophical ideas, human psychology, psychedelic experiences, you name it.

Anyhow, here's how you do it:

You don't. Very happy

It's the art of learning to stop trying. Learn to free yourself of any desire and intention. And, very importantly, even the intention to meditate.

That's it, really. It's the most powerful method of achieving transcendent experience, enhancing creativity, thinking about things from new angles, and empowering the mind in many other ways, that I have ever experimented with.

One tip: to get into this state of mind, try telling yourself that nothing is wrong. No sight, no sound, no feeling, no thought, is bad or wrong. Accept everything that comes your way with a welcoming attitude and a smile. Don't reject or fight anything. Even if you're FIGHTING fighting fighting (which you WILL be, before you learn to let go), don't fight it. You see? Don't even fight the fight. I hope this is making some sense.

O.K. Now, I dare you to try this out for yourself!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SpartanII
#2 Posted : 11/10/2011 2:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great advice. I find meditation much easier now that I've learned to let go. Fighting it only causes anxiety and more internal dialog. I had a powerful experience yesterday while doing standing Wuji style meditation and went deeper than ever before. It was so peaceful I almost started getting attached to the feeling, which is another obstacle that one encounters after learning to let go.

tele
#3 Posted : 11/10/2011 5:15:09 PM
Explorer

This indeed works, I have discovered it myself some years ago.
"stop trying (so hard)" is something many people can benefit from.
And it's not only about meditation.
When people think something is so important, they can easily force it. Understanding that nothing really is important is a good "spiritual" angle. And if something isn't important it doesn't mean it isn't good or worth going after. However it can help people relax with their pushing towards the goal(whatever that is, even if it's a good boombox).

slewb
#4 Posted : 11/10/2011 10:28:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are almost the exact instructions I was given when introduced to Zazen.

unclesyd
#5 Posted : 11/11/2011 12:49:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well isnt the goal of meditating exactly this. To rid the mind of all throught processes, to only be. I know you said to not even meditate, but that is something that is done to facilitate this empty mind process. And after I get to that state I really do kind of shut off my meditations, cause I am there. Or at least I think its there.....Wink And I would inteject to say that your suggestions on how to prep youself for such a state is a form of meditation it self.

But kudos to you and your new discovery, hope you gain what you need to gain along the path.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.