We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : How old are you (please respond only if you've encountered Opticus)
Choice Votes Statistics
18-24 3 18 %
25-32 2 12 %
33-39 3 18 %
40-50+ 5 31 %
51-60 1 6 %
61 2 12 %

Encountered Opticus? Please answer my age poll Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:33:32 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello,

Seems to me those of us who have met Opticus are in the middle age range. Thought I might start a poll to see if there's any data to back up my idea.

Please only respond if you feel you have had one or more personal encounters with the entity/meme described in this essay

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26524
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Û©
#2 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:53:11 AM

Personally I never took Opti seriously, as much as I loved his account. I've always believed each one of us views, brings back, and portrays hyperspace in our own ways. This macrocosmic perspective compartmentalizes individuals into cells that make up a collective understanding. This is a reflection of what we have here on the DMT-Nexus.

Sure, I can relate to what opticuswrangler is saying, but my experiences in hyperspace are personal and I do not use another persons metaphors to describe my own.

Even if, after all, we're talking about the same thing. Why on earth would you think middle age has anything to do with certain DMT experiences? Is it because you are middle aged? As well as the writer? You feel a connection. From my perspective, I just see maturity and experience in the way he chose to convey what many regard as unconveyable.

Everybody that smokes DMT experiences it, regardless of what you believe or what you want to call it. None of us have any idea. Might as well get creatives, eh?

universecannon
#3 Posted : 11/7/2011 2:29:36 AM

☂

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

With out diving too deep into my thoughts on this at the moment (perhaps later, i'm juggling some projects ATM) I generally agree with that ^..especially this part:

"Everybody that smokes DMT experiences it, regardless of what you believe or what you want to call it"

I'm also confused as to why you seem to think those who experience whatever it is we're talking about are in the middle aged range.. Can you give us your reasons for this thinking?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Pandora
#4 Posted : 11/7/2011 2:39:35 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

House,

I do not fully understand your reply and why you would choose to make the first response to this survey a false one. I suppose I should just delete the entire thing? Is that what you want? You have thoroughly confused me.

Nowhere have I meant to imply that I think this concept is real. It is a meme that appears to my eye to have infected certain Nexians. As far as I can determine, not all. I could easily be mistaken here. If so, I'd love to learn.

Why did I think perhaps just a certain age range? No real good answer here Perhaps just general predjudice on my part. Also, three out of the five people who have recently written about this are 40-50 years of age. Made me curious.

Many folks I've seen say they did not finish the essay, were turned off by the length, content, etc. Is there any chance this could be age-related? I thought.

I believe, speaking for myself, that the essay is a powerful meme, a contagious thought of sorts. It resonated deeply with some of my past and current experiences. I see it as being nothing more than what it is - a meme/fantasy set free to run loose in my over-developed imagination. I love where it is taking me and am impressed with what a couple of other people have written about their encounters. Including this one:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26801

Anyway, I'm not overly attached to anything these days. You seem to have mod powers without being a mod these days so just delete it if you see fit.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Guardian
#5 Posted : 11/7/2011 3:38:00 AM

alien ambassador

in opticuswrangler's reality, the being is real. We create our own realities. I do believe that s/he might have smoked too much spice and become delusional, making broad generalizations and statements about hyperspace that no mortal human mind could comprehend in this 3rd dimension. To the outside reader, it may be perceived as the delusional ranting of a madman. To another, it may be the undeniable truth. We should respect the beliefs of others whilst taking them with grains of salt. What is reality anyway.....
The more you try to know, the more mysterious life gets..

haxxorz
#6 Posted : 11/7/2011 6:10:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

For me there is great difference between certain entity's/styles/archetypes within DMT.
Whether the source is just one and the same or fragmented doesnt matter to me.
Personally i experienced certain category's, so either it likes different archetypes or they are.
As for the word "truth"... there may be not even such a thing, and it might be one of many symbols we humans create.

Ive encountered the ayahuasca-ish world of DMT in the very beginning, being swallowed by a snake in the middle of a desert,
to become unified with DNA, to become a dancing human body, to see the cycles of life, to unite again with nature and the stars.
Lotsa totems, mayan stone carvings, Egyptian symbols and knowledge etc, compared with a feeling and style of old wise entities/gods.

Then Ive had very religious trips, meeting Buddha, Shiva, Kali, Animal Gods, and other ancient gods/archetypes.
They would show me all kinds of dances, which i would literally dance at the peak of my DMT trips.
They would show the way to enlightment, total mind silence and the eternity of time.
How dance relates to that and how you can protect, heal and create thru dance and ceremonies.

I also met several hyperspace robots/mantis/reptilian entities/gatekeepers etc, very different then any of the others. certainly not related to my Trickster archetype.

Then later the surface changed after meeting a Clown/Jester/Trickster. It was in a dialog between him and me i got infected.
He is chaos, he is eternal progress/growth, he is Trapped just like us, therefor he is Us, he shows the joke of it all, he is the Rebel,
He is the answer to that other side, were time stands still, the final equilibrium, total domination actually, he plays games but fun becomes tragedy,
It also has a very recognizable different style to its experience, very easy to recognize actually.
No Astral light, no being of neon rays, no mythical visuals, pure earthly symbols! Psychological mindfuck approach and certain playfulness to it.
Sometimes other archetypes even try to shoosh it away or to interrupt it's work, so to me personally there is no doubt.

To become fully enlightened i need to conquer it first, i don't believe it is my destination. Ive seen "god" and know what beauty it brings, i've also seen what The Trickster can do and what games it likes to play, i hate it actually. And by making me feel "good" afterwards i might be tricked too! So im very cautious with this one... if where all just pure psychological feedback within my own mind, even then i should be cautious Pleased

Also i have read the Opticus Essay only recently and i also think that one should not blindly follow others opinions and views, however, his descriptions and stories are very similar to how i have been experiencing this archetype or meme as you will. So what i got from it was pure mental resonance and a small confirmation "we" might be on to something here.

Something like the above, something completely different or i am becoming schizophrenic Razz

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 11/7/2011 6:25:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guardian wrote:
in opticuswrangler's reality, the being is real. We create our own realities. I do believe that s/he might have smoked too much spice and become delusional, making broad generalizations and statements about hyperspace that no mortal human mind could comprehend in this 3rd dimension. To the outside reader, it may be perceived as the delusional ranting of a madman. To another, it may be the undeniable truth. We should respect the beliefs of others whilst taking them with grains of salt. What is reality anyway.....

"belief allows the mind to stop functioning, a non-functioning mind is clinically dead. believe in nothing"
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
æšč

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:21:23 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Speaking from the point-of-view of a 20-year-old, I did read the essay all the way through despite length and content... although I have to say, it didn't fully resonate. What I found most interesting was not necessarily the dialogue/concept with/of Opticus but rather the bits generally describing the nature of dimensions and how they relate to each other, etc, as well as the frequently clever writing...

Not that Opticus wasn't interesting, but so much of the tactile description seemed to be born of the author's subconscious, as would be true of any of our personal descriptions of Opticus as a concept/entity. At the heart of it, although I do not doubt the reality of Opticus to the author, I do question the scale of Opticus... Opticus as a more isolated existence than a human/universal truth, if you catch my drift. Opticus is not feeding on my fears and conscious thought; or at least not in any way I understand whatsoever.

So much of Opticuswrangler's concept of how the universe works matched with my own that... well... I don't know. I have not encountered Opticus. But I do resonate with the worldview which Opticus is a part of. I definitely feel like I've been passed by scaly, hyperdimensional and thoroughly alien entities which wander the spaces between what is, but not to the extent of Opticuswrangler. Make of that what you will.

addition: Yes, it also all seems the product of smoking a lot of spice. Most people think smoking too much ---> madness --> crazy theories. What about the possibility of smoking too much ---> crazy occurrences ---> madness; madness as the product of the shit that happens when you smoke too much, rather than the cause of the shit that happens when you smoke too much. Food for thought.
¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Death&Decay
#9 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:40:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im pretty sure the DMT experience is an entity in of itself... We all see different things, but those things are what we are ready to see. It's like it knows best what to show us, so we each see something different but for each of us we see what we would best expect to see... What the force behind this is though I am still trying to understand... It might be my own self imagination... I might be GOD, it might be a spirit, or a hyper dimensional being or possibly all of those things combined... I dunno... I have seen aliens, found enlightenment, traveled the universe, spoke to god, traveled through time and everything else in between on my DMT experiences how to even possibly relate that to an individual thing I don't think is even possible... Its a trip, and adventure, an experience...

Hyperspace Fool
#10 Posted : 11/7/2011 5:14:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really dug the Opti memos. They did take quite some time to read through, and were hard to digest in one sitting even for an avid an voracious reader.

As a fan of Philip K. Dick and Robert Anton Wilson, I recognized a lot of the inspirations that opticuswrangler was drawing on. It struck me as a kind of Discordian update on HP Lovecraft. Naturally I am a fan. The writing is clever and provocative. A bit like what Bukowski might have written if he had been hanging out with Burroughs and they both gave up alcohol and heroin for DMT and moved in with Hunter S. Thompson.

As such, I saw the tongue somewhat in cheek with this.

That said, I have seen a number of entities in my journeys and dreamings that seem to feed on human emotion. It is not a stretch to imagine one that would be 'logos' or linguistic in nature. I don't think that it is a single entity that everyone is encountering, though. I have seen far too many of these guys.

Perhaps most importantly, they are all usually fairly well afraid of me. And getting more and more so as time goes on. The deeper and more committed I become to the path of light, the stronger and more deeply I commune with light beings... the less that any such "dark" entities will even dare to come around. I have no enmity for them per se. It is more a function of that they feel extremely uncomfortable around me.

And, they certainly flee like roaches whenever the angleic beings come around.

This is because the darkness is not light's equal. It is not even in the same league. It can only exist in the absence of light. They are the D-league of hyper-dimensional beings. The concept that the forces of dark and the forces of light are somehow evenly matched and pitted in a battle where the outcome is even remotely in doubt is laughable. That would be like saying that Halloween bag snatchers have a chance to beat up Superman.

The Dark beings (and Opticus would at least qualify as deeply smoke gray) might think of the light beings as their enemies, but the light beings do not view the dark beings as theirs. Lightbeings have no enemies. They see everything as one.

At any rate, people who are bothered by negative entities, or feel that they are being abused by Opticus (or entities like him)... should probably see about working on their relationship to the Universe, raise their vibrations, and make some angelic friends.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Tek
#11 Posted : 11/7/2011 5:30:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have interpreted Opticus as the hyperspacial concious structure of planet Earth. It is both a part of me and seperate from me. A true symbiont as the original thread indicates.

It's as if the atoms making up me and my current environment, when viewed from the 'other side' and linked up all together with what we call the concept of time, I believe this to be the being known as Opticus (and yes, I've encountered it personally although I didn't put an age down for the poll I apologize OP). This being is very much alive, very much concious, and very... goofy for want of a better word.

When encountering Opticus in hyperspace outside of time, he appears as an entity with his own agenda. When we are enmeshed in 'him' on a moment to moment, minute by minute basis, 'he' doesn't reveal himself in the same way. It's like if you were looking through a small slit in a wall and a cat passed by in front of you. For five seconds this cat is walking in front of your field of vision, and since your only seeing it 'one frame at a time', you have no idea what the thing looks like as a whole. Take all the frames that you've seen in that five seconds, remove the barrier of frame-to-frame referencing and see the entire thing AS IS without the medium of time, and you would have a cat and you could clearly see it was a cat. This is my interpretation of the Opticus phenomenon, only the five seconds is spread out over the course of a human lifetime. His seemingly seperate intelligence is a culmination of every single earth creature that has ever been connected to him. He has cat conciousness, dog conciousness, human concioussness, tree conciousness, and so on. Everything relating to Earth in all timelines is what composes Opti's intelligence. In that respect, he is very much the symbiont/parasite that the OP referred to him as being. He grows and his shape changes based upon the changes of Earth. He is getting something out of our experience, of what we cannot say.

In truth, Opticus to me is one of the fabrige eggs Terence McKenna talked about. I think all cumulative worlds and realities are like this really. If we can imagine ourselves as being a hyperspace tykes in some sense, then the fabrige egg we're playing with at this moment is Opticus (which is Earth life reality). So if we can use a thought experiment for a moment, when we blast off into hyperspace on DMT and come in contact with the other tykes we may be carrying Opti with us as our own 'fabrige egg'. When we arrive and these tykes throw these objects at us and say 'Look at this! Look at THIS!!' we may at the same time, without being aware of it, throwing Opticus at them and saying 'well YOU look at THIS!! You've NEVER seen one like THIS!!'. Could they be trying to get us to view their own versions of an Opticus (which is just another hyperspatial structure that supports a reality on 'the other side' of it)? I can't say with absolute certainty, but that's the intuition I've got into the whole thing.

Opticus is crafty in a certain respect and in some regards he feels like he shouldn't be entirely trusted. I take this to mean that we as soul's have something he wants. Perhaps Opti cannot exist unless a soul is 'piloting' him, and as such he has a survival instinct to keep us enmeshed in his being for as long as possible (which begins to sound an awful lot like the concept of Maya).

Anyways feel free to shoot holes into my theory, it's just the sense I've gotten from reading what others have put up about 'him' with my own personal revelation of seeing reality 'from the underside'.
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

Felnik
#12 Posted : 11/7/2011 6:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the opti thing has a lot of solid points in it .
I resonant with much of it . I have encountered many different
Kinds of entity in my experiences. I suspect opticus to be the
Dark weird thing I,ve encountered on a few occasions .
It looks like a cross between a starship and tree roots .
It comes up right in my face and scopes me out cautiously its a weird ass standoff
To say the least. I,m not afraid of it and I,ve made that clear to it each time.
I don't like its style at all.

To say that opticus is the one main dude running the whole show is where
It seems to be wrong . Opti is one of many in the sea of hyperspace.
Regardless there is definite symbiotic relationships with these things .
There is a feeding going on of some sort.

My current symbiotic hyperspace relationship is with a group of energy things
I call my other
Family . Once I connect to them there is nothing that can
Articulate the feeling . Pure bliss , ultimate nirvana are what comes to
Mind . There are bright colored and beautiful. There is
A transfer that takes place each time . It's a gift to experience this.
I always humbly thank them and express love .
These are the dudes I seek . I don't particularly like the Opti
Thing myself. When I feel the Opti vibe in there I usually ride it out
Then wait and try to change the vibration
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

aetherbound
#13 Posted : 11/7/2011 7:25:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I encountered Opti before I ever read the Opticus post. I was searching for hyperspace octopus and found the post. The entity I encountered was octopus like and not the same as Opti. I have encountered it at least three times and quite possibly many times more than that.

Each time as I took that last big toke an infinite number of tentacles fill my room, my space and proceed to "taste" or "devour" me...This is an open eye experienc that has made me get out of bed twice trying to get away from the experience,
Very unnerving to say the least.

Namaste
Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

universecannon
#14 Posted : 11/10/2011 2:14:26 AM

☂

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWyxR7GIETY

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"