We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
List popular artists and celebrities who might support the cause Options

Rgeular Dudess
#1 Posted : 3/3/2010 6:47:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking about contacting already well known and respected artists and famous people who might be willing to contribute to our cause.

A few I´m fairly confident about are Flying Lotus (He wrote about his dmt-experience in his myspace blog) and Linda Perhacs (She´s back!). Maybe also Ursula Rucker of whose attitude towards psychedelics I´m not sure about but she´s all about humanity and personal freedom. I might also be able to contact her directly (talked with her before via myspace).

I could also try to contact the Finnish duo Madventures about the cause we´re trying to get rolling (they´re both very globally conscious guys and are all for spiritual freedom having done Aya, shrooms etc.).

Bruce Parry would definitely be a person to track down as well.

I´ll do more research and will post more candidates in this thread later. Please list yours! I´m not sure what would be the best way to contact most of the people though...

Let´s get the snowball rolling!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 3/3/2010 7:38:14 PM

The Enlightend One

Joe Rogan, Doug Stanhope and Tool are the only celebs I know of that partake in the spice.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Kartikay
#3 Posted : 3/3/2010 7:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Remember that it doesn't have to be just spice. Mushrooms, salvia, peyote, and even synthetic molecules like LSD are all used as entheogens.

Great idea for a thread, Rgeular Dudess!
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/3/2010 8:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think woody harrelsen is into this stuff.

I am sure lots of celebs have drank ayahuasca..I know sting has.
Long live the unwoke.

Rgeular Dudess
#5 Posted : 3/3/2010 8:13:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What would be the "correct" or the best way to approach these bigger celebrities like Sting? I mean even if we can track them down how could we even make them pay attention to what we have to say? Also, we should be really mindful about how we present our cause.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 3/3/2010 9:24:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Paul Simon wrote a song about ayawaska. A few others are mentioned on the Wikipedia.

Dudess- I'm guessing that you'd contact their PR agency if you can, which you could probs find from their webpage. Or send a letter on some nice CEL headed 100% recycled paper. I expect it's more respectful to contact their agent rather than them personally, does anyone know if this is the case?
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Hyperspace Fool
#7 Posted : 8/21/2011 5:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A year and a half late... but I can say with certainty that unless you have a personal connection to a celebrity, you nearly always have to go through their "people." It could be their publicist if what you are proposing could get them some good press. It could be their agent, but that is often a dead end if the agent doesn't see a paycheck in it. Often the manager is the best way to go, but that is highly dependent on the interests and personality of the manager... and more importantly, their assistant.

Famous people tend to have layers of gatekeepers around them. This is a necessity because it sucks to be famous.

Still, if C.E.L. wants to get endorsements or someone to appear in a PSA, it certainly can be done. And, personal introductions are not as hard to get as you might think. 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon etc.

I have yet to read this thread all the way through, so forgive me if I am rehashing a dead roach.

;-)
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Orion
#8 Posted : 8/21/2011 6:02:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this idea of using media tools to make the puppets think DMT is cool. It's just funny.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

tigerstrike92
#9 Posted : 8/21/2011 6:16:28 PM

Homo-divinorum

Nicholas Cage took shrooms with his dog once, but i don't think he is an active supporter.

Buuuuttt...

Robin Williams loves him some mushies!
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

proto-pax
#10 Posted : 8/21/2011 7:02:50 PM

bird-brain

Simon Posford and Raja Ram

Smile
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 8/22/2011 1:15:34 AM

John Murdoch IV

Jim Carrey
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

jdubs
#12 Posted : 8/22/2011 1:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alex Grey
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

jdubs
#13 Posted : 8/22/2011 1:27:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shpongle
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

dmtk2852
#14 Posted : 8/22/2011 4:30:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All members of the Beatles and Pink Floyd tried acid. For Pink Floyd, the song echoes sounds like a DMT trip to me. For the Beatles it has to be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

undisclosed
#15 Posted : 8/24/2011 5:13:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Penn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_Jillette (apparently not a user of entheogens but a staunch libetarian)

&

Teller http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teller_(entertainer) (though I'm less sure about him)

gantz grof
#16 Posted : 11/9/2011 2:47:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

unsure if anyone has seen this or not:

sting drug activism

but i did notice the mention of sting earlier in this thread.

something that pisses me off is that there are a very large number of famous people (artists, actors, musicians, etc etc) who use or have used "drugs" but they dont partake in activism against the war on drugs, yet you get all these people jumping on the live aid/save the starving kids bandwagon, and yes that is a very important issue, i'm not saying it's not, but it's also a very socially accepted form of activism, and by doing that they're also increasing their popularity.

why dont they partake in drug related activism? i mean even this little video which features sting doesn't really amount to much, who is really gonna see this? people that already oppose the war on drugs, how about getting the message to everybody?
if they really wanted they could go nuts with this form of activism, they have such large voices that can echo through the mass media, but yet they do nothing.

and i think that if there was an end to drug prohibition throughout the world, it would help the "save the children" cause infinitely better than what they currently do.

as far as which famous people to contact, how about most of them?

some good ones are bill hicks and terence mckenna, oh hang on they're both dead.
my name, is nobody.

*Gantz Grof is a fictional character created as part of an interactive experimental hyperreal novel concept
Gantz Grof exists within "Meta-Novel" which you are currently reading, and therefore a part of.

As one critique of Meta-Novel said:
"if Meta-Novel is fiction, then what is reality?"
As nein critiques said:
"Genius" "Fresh" "the new IN!"

Meta-Novel draws its inspiration from the likes of Kaufman, Jarmusch and others, who coincidentally stole the idea from the creator of Gantz Grof and Meta-Novel.
Meta-Novel is all rights reserved, Once existing within Metaverse, one is owned and belongs to Meta-Novel itself, and therefore also the creator of Meta-Novel

gantz grof
#17 Posted : 11/9/2011 2:50:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

why not contact obama, he's used weed in the past, i'm sure he'd love to help...
my name, is nobody.

*Gantz Grof is a fictional character created as part of an interactive experimental hyperreal novel concept
Gantz Grof exists within "Meta-Novel" which you are currently reading, and therefore a part of.

As nein critiques said:

Meta-Novel draws its inspiration from the likes of Kaufman, Jarmusch and others, who coincidentally stole the idea from the creator of Gantz Grof and Meta-Novel.
Meta-Novel is all rights reserved, Once existing within Metaverse, one is owned and belongs to Meta-Novel itself, and therefore also the creator of Meta-Novel

dmtk2852
#18 Posted : 11/9/2011 3:50:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gantz grof wrote:
why not contact obama, he's used weed in the past, i'm sure he'd love to help...

Yeah, love to help keep it illegal. Obama is anti-drug like any other politician. His campaign team has specifically stated that Marijuana is dangerous to developing minds and lungs(BS so is alcohol) and that it should remain illegal.
The fact the he smoked just proves his hypocrisy, he's willing to keep it illegal even though he was lucky and got away with it.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic though...

gantz grof
#19 Posted : 11/9/2011 4:03:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i was being very sarcastic my friend.
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said:

tigerstrike92
#20 Posted : 11/9/2011 10:56:42 PM

Homo-divinorum

Seth Rogen
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.