We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
namaste Options

souljourney
#1 Posted : 10/24/2011 2:05:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste,

I love this greeting. "I see the light in you" in Hindi. I know the light of our True Nature is within all of us and everything. Sometimes the sun of our True Nature is in eclipse...covered by the darkness of ego or acquired nature.
It's my journey in this life to dwell in my True Nature as much as possible and hopefully, at some point, permanently. Sometimes it looks like it may take 1000 years...lol!!...but I get the message to keep persevering.
I've heard people say that taking psychedelics is the fastest way to enlightenment ( which means to me, reaching a point of constant remembrance of one's own True Nature,Self, God etc..there are many names for the nameless!). I've also heard people say that yoga and meditation is the fastest way. Many people will say their way is the fastest way.
I don't think any way is the fastest way..it depends on how ripe the person is and how genuine and strong the desire is for enlightenment.
I've taken dmt once, in 1998, and it took me into a "death"experience... a letting go of this realm. I think it took me to somehwere like what Sogyal Rinpoche describes, in The Tibetan book of Living and Dying, as the 3rd bardo, "the luminous bardo of dharmata and light".
From the book : "The luminous bardo of dharmata encompasses the after death experience of the radiance of the nature of mind, the luminosity or "clear light' which manifests as sounds, colour and light".
I see dmt and all psychedelics as being like the" finger pointing to the moon". They are a means but not an end in themselves...to enlightenment that is. It takes constant practice to keep returning to my True Nature, continuously letting go of attachment to the mind...ego (or acquired nature), and for that I need to take time alone to meditate and constant seeing and surrendering. I find I have to encounter this "death of ego" again and again as it comes up in everyday encounters with others.

I am exhausted
from all my wondering
away from my Self...
Stillness beckons
as the flame
beckons the moth...
Silence whispers
"I love you"
in my ear...

I'll post some writings which I have resonated with on sacred relationship (will post in Open discussion) and a video from a wise buddhist nun who has what I found to be very helpful guidance.

Soul

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

entheogenadvocate
#2 Posted : 10/24/2011 2:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste,

Welcome to this beautiful place. Your post resonated very positively with my spirit, so I thank you for that. I look forward to seeing you around.

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

nen888
#3 Posted : 10/25/2011 6:41:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome & thank you for your grace & wisdom souljourney..read your posts on relationships..i think they're great and can as much apply to the nexus..we're all in a relationship here together of sorts..don't let cynical 'ol House's response bother you..he's quite funny really..
nice essay,

good to have you here, see you aboutSmile

souljourney
#4 Posted : 11/4/2011 11:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey entheogenadvocate... thanks for your warm welcome ...i'm happy your spirit resonated with my post Smile

Thanks nen888 for your warm welcome here too...happy you found the posts on relationships helpful Smile

Pandora
#5 Posted : 11/5/2011 12:19:48 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello souljourney,

Real nice introduction there. There's much I'd like to say but I think I'll just read again and await further posts from you.

You did DMT and had a profound experience 13 years ago. What draws you to the Nexus now? Do you intend to explore these territories again?

Do, please permit me to say welcome and namaste.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

souljourney
#6 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Pandora... Thanks for your welcome Smile
What draws me to the nexus? I signed up in 2009 and a friend who's in love with this community recently suggested I share here.
As for your question about whether I intend to explore these territories again...well I don't feel to divulge this information on a public forum...
let's say I'll leave it up to the Great Mystery Wink
I'll also say I'll be exploring these territories when this body expires...how beautiful!
Namaste!