We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mad scientist going.. mad. Options

topsykretts
#1 Posted : 11/2/2011 9:54:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright, I'm kinda on a manic binge here, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I've taken the ride. Swirly purple vortex, chimes, popping out of head, fetal position, crying, etc. Yeah, well, its been a year, trying to get back out of my head again and remember where I come from. So, lets fast forward. I've got my black sludge, I've got my naptha sitting ontop of it. My first pull was a bit too much.. its currently sitting in a hot water bath in a pickle jar hopefully evaporating. Sitting by itself it wasn't evaporating at all. I made several 'small' pulls, and already have a little tiny amount of glass. I plan on washing it with sodium carb once I make some, but for now I'm just gathering crystals. Now, the problems I'm having are thus:

In my 'pot' of black sludge there is a thin layer of naptha which has been sitting for the past few days. Crystals are forming IN the naptha ontop of the black sludge, but its too thin for me to siphon off with my eye dropper or tiny turkey baster. (I mean tiny.)

What should I do to redissolve those crystals so I can pull them? And, furthermore, is my hot water bath going to evaporate the naptha so I can do a freeze precip? It wasn't crystallizing because it was too much naptha, so I want to reduce it. This is my first attempt at this thing and I'm pleased that I have small results, but I don't want to waste anything.

I appreciate any help. Also, I'd just like to state that I sometimes refer to the spice as "goggles" so if I say that, thats what I'm referring to.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tele
#2 Posted : 11/2/2011 10:09:30 AM
Explorer

topsykretts wrote:

In my 'pot' of black sludge there is a thin layer of naptha which has been sitting for the past few days. Crystals are forming IN the naptha ontop of the black sludge, but its too thin for me to siphon off with my eye dropper or tiny turkey baster. (I mean tiny.)

What should I do to redissolve those crystals so I can pull them?

Black sludge?

Usually floaters can be dealt with by pouring off the naphtha slowly into another container. In case you get some of the floaters poured off, you can always "re-pour".

For redissolving acetone works best. And after you evaporate the acetone, you are left with hard DMT that's naphtha free.

topsykretts
#3 Posted : 11/2/2011 11:05:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Black sludge meaning MHRB powder + water + lye, with the naptha layer ontop. What I did is thus: I took some of the naptha that I was heating up in the water bath to evaporate for freeze precip. and dumped it in the 'pot' (HDPE container containing my solution and naptha layer), then I stirred it up. It didn't fully dissolve the crystals that were forming, but I broke up some of them, and hopefully I'll pull some more spice out of the solution into the naptha and it'll be easier to siphon off with my eye dropper and mini turkey baster. When I was referring to redissolving I meant redissolving the 'floaters' - as you put it - while still in the 'pot'. Sorry for the extraneous quotations.

Purges
#4 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what I would do is suck up the naptha and the bit of lye that has crystals on top. Put this in a second containerand top up with warm water - this should help the crystals redissolve, and then you can pull the naptha off the top of the very dilute solution, this should minimise the amount of lye you will pull also. Good luck!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

topsykretts
#5 Posted : 11/3/2011 4:06:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Purges. This was helpful. I managed to get most of it this way. On our way back we are. Smile