We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using the leaves of Acacia Acuminata. Options

Alienteaparty
#1 Posted : 11/2/2011 12:01:57 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

It makes me sick seeing the amount of damage caused by greedy people to the lovely Acuminata species. This tree deserves a much better treatment than being ring barked or chopped down. one of W.A's highest containing Acacias are being destroyed. The other day when i went to york and had a look at the damage done to these trees it almost put a tear to my eye. Almost every acuminata i looked at had a bit of bark missing, some were ring barked, some were left with a tiny strip of bark and slowly dying and some were completely dead not to mention the few little ones i saw chopped down.
Its pretty easy with a little bit of research to see that the LEAVES of the ACACIA ACUMINATA contain up to 1.5 % alkaloids. and it also saves these people the effort of hacking away sticky bark and then processing it.
Taking the leaves from the tree harms it to an extent, but so much less than taking bark from it. its also a hell of a lot easier for the person. [u]
Thank you for reading my rant and HAKUNA MATATA TO THE ACUMINATA.
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/2/2011 5:00:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

That is actaully sad and surprising that people would treat the trees like that..no respect for either the trees or for a continuation of sustainable harvesting from the trees..

I plan on growing some acuminata in a few months here in canada indoors..apparently it has high frost tolerance just like obtusifolia so both of them I am going to grow..I got my mimosa's growing nicely indoors so I should be able to get acacia going as well..

The fact that I can use leaves was one big reason I really want to grow acuminata...I really want something that I can grow for a few years and just grab a few leaves here and there to throw into a brew without harming the tree..it might actaully survive the winter here where I am also, becasue I am in the warmest climate in canada(temperate rainforest) and temps are quite mild even in winter..usually above zero. So maybe I could get some going outdoors once they are big enough..Ive thought about this alot..what acacia species could survive all year outdoors here. There are lots of palm trees and jungle brugmansia's all over vancouver that thrive so..
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#3 Posted : 11/3/2011 12:48:31 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Alienteaparty wrote:
Quote:
It makes me sick seeing the amount of damage caused by greedy people to the lovely Acuminata species. This tree deserves a much better treatment than being ring barked or chopped down.
..thank you for posting this...the same thing happened to obtusifolia when word spread about it, and it made me sick too..and then it's just called 'dmt' with no respect to the identity of the plant who provided it..
..i've detected 0.6-0.7% dmt in A. acuminata leaves, similar amount alkaloids in A. maidenii..A. floribunda and obtusifolia have 0.3-0.4% in leaves,
so you're totally onto it Alienteaparty..THERE IS NO NEED TO TOUCH THE BARK AND PERMANENTLY HARM THE TREE!

..fractal enhancement, Acacia acuminata tolerates down to zero degrees conditions in the wild..A. phlebophylla and A. obtusifolia will tolerate snow..i know of aussie acacias growing in the north of England, so there should be no problem growing most aus acacias outdoors where you are..once established, with a little love, they can be very fast growing trees..

ps. thanks again for bringing this to light Alienteaparty, hope to see you about...Cool

Alienteaparty
#4 Posted : 1/21/2012 4:16:39 AM

Dimitri Spacepipe

The convenience is bliss.
Glad to be of service.
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

SLiCeR
#5 Posted : 5/9/2012 5:39:35 AM

SLiCeR

Alienteaparty wrote:
It makes me sick seeing the amount of damage caused by greedy people to the lovely Acuminata species. This tree deserves a much better treatment than being ring barked or chopped down. one of W.A's highest containing Acacias are being destroyed. The other day when i went to york and had a look at the damage done to these trees it almost put a tear to my eye. Almost every acuminata i looked at had a bit of bark missing, some were ring barked, some were left with a tiny strip of bark and slowly dying and some were completely dead not to mention the few little ones i saw chopped down.
Its pretty easy with a little bit of research to see that the LEAVES of the ACACIA ACUMINATA contain up to 1.5 % alkaloids. and it also saves these people the effort of hacking away sticky bark and then processing it.
Taking the leaves from the tree harms it to an extent, but so much less than taking bark from it. its also a hell of a lot easier for the person. Simply cut off some nice leaves and let them dry out then crumble them up with your hands into a powder easy!
i have dome a few extractions like this and if you do a simple A/B tek you can yield higher than bark in some cases.
In the future i will put up a tek that i know works well but for now try using the leaves with your standard tek.
Thank you for reading my rant and HAKUNA MATATA TO THE ACUMINATA.

This also breaks my heart to see any plant treated in such a way, i will be trying an extraction of phylodes and twigs very soon Smile
Also Alienteaparty the wattle pic you posted from worldwidewattle.com is that supposed to be Acuminata? I only ask as i thought Acuminatas flowers were cylindrical instead of round like those in the picture?

nen888
#6 Posted : 5/9/2012 5:48:15 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..my god!, you're right and well spotted SLICeR..i must have been too busy getting emotional to be in botanical mode..how'd i miss that?
so, yeah acuminata flowers are in 'spikes' or rods (see pic below), the leaves varying from very narrow (less then 5mm wide) to broader (c1cm) ..i wonder if there's another accidental acacia mis-ID discovery going on in WA, or the pic just got mixed up..?

Alienteapary..? have you returned from hyperspace..?
nen888 attached the following image(s):
Acacia-acuminata-main.jpg (118kb) downloaded 998 time(s).

Alienteaparty
#7 Posted : 6/28/2012 3:08:45 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

Apologies friends. The image will be changed.

Well Spotted. :Smile peace!