We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro... Options

Dozuki
#1 Posted : 10/31/2011 3:47:16 AM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thought I would post a small introduction.

I'm Dozuki and was in the 'Entheogen Community' up until about 5 years ago. I've always been interested in tryptamine containing plants with the Phalaris spp. being a particular favorite. I've been mostly interested in the topic from a botanical and chemical standpoint. I think there are many mysteries surrounding plants and their various compounds and the knowledge that we can glean from them.

While working on a simple means to distinguish between the 3 chemical phenotypes of the Phalaris spp. I started to do some TLC work to MHRB to try and obtain a reference sample for n,n-Dmt. My results were somewhat confounding, leading me to believe that there were more Indoles present in MHRB than just n,n-DMT. I posted the results of the thin layers and de-railed myself from my original intentions.

Life, being as it may, also de-railed me from from those endeavors. I went on with the things that needed to be done and put my 'Lab' on hold and to other uses.

Recently, I have returned to the 'Lab' and wondered what ever became of the mysteries surrounding MHRB and the ubiquitous rumors of 'Jungle Spice' that were starting to float around back then. A quick Google search thus led me here, with quite a bit of catch-up reading. Not wanting to be just a lurker, I am following Protocol and writing an intro (and I do not like to write these things).

Hopefully I can be some help to the 'Entho Community' once again, and not just a lurker.
Cheers

-D.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

InMotion
#2 Posted : 10/31/2011 3:57:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Yes a good chunk of analysis has been done on the infamous 'jungle spice'. A member here, Burnt, did GC-MS on some and concluded it was mostly extra inactive 'junk'.Thread here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=10553&p=1 . However, many of us still feel that it is prime smoalk!

Happy to have another curious chemical explorer here, there are many Smile.

Welcome home. <3

Dozuki
#3 Posted : 10/31/2011 4:07:48 AM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yup, Read a bit of that post. It's what made me decide to stick around for a bit.

"Welcome Home"

... Makes me feel like I'm at Burning man ... Smile

oden
#4 Posted : 10/31/2011 7:32:15 AM

odin the one

nen888
#5 Posted : 11/2/2011 5:41:34 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hey welcome Dozuki, 'met' you in the chromotographic thread, great contributions so far..Smile
this thread is relevant to the whole 'jungle spice' question too: What are the current theories...DMT-N-Oxide? see you about...