We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
DMT-Nexus WiKi Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 12/15/2008 11:38:16 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hello all,

Due to this thread from amor_fati the DMT-Nexus is now enriched with a wiki at wiki.dmt-nexus.me.

You have to create an new account on the wiki page to get write-access. Once you have created a new account I have to active it, this is done to keep complete strangers away from the Wiki and to prevent hooligans to cripple our efforts.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 12/15/2008 4:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

how exciting!!!

edit:signed up!
it's a sound

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 12/15/2008 10:47:34 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Very nice!

I like seeing stuff like this!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Darkbb
#4 Posted : 12/15/2008 10:53:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome. all the information in one place. thats tight.

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 12/16/2008 8:55:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

It's good to see the positive feedback.

SWIM could really use some help with getting this up to snuff. If you feel confident with your knowledge in any of the areas covered by the handbook, please feel free to contribute. The more people contributing, the faster it'll get done and the more comprehensive it will be. SWIM feels he has a pretty well-rounded comprehension of most of the topics, but knows little to nothing about cultivation, DMT N-oxide, 5-MEO-DMT, and Bufotenine among others. Expertise is needed!

Also, Traveler, the google ads on the wiki are slightly overlapping the editing area--at least on my browser.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 12/16/2008 9:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i am ready to help amor..i was just kinda waiting to see how things would get started and then follow the lead..but ill see if i can find something simple to start with just to get a feel
it's a sound

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/16/2008 9:32:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have a question...can we take TEK's directly from the forum? or do we need permission by the creator..
it's a sound

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 12/16/2008 9:53:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The thing is that it may not be a good idea to put teks in the handbook, but to research and summarize all of them based on the class of tek (A/B or STB, for instance). Put it into your own words to the best of your ability. Try to avoid getting into specifics of equipment, and try to cover the whole variety of chemicals. An equipment section could be amended later.

The last section could serve as a reproduction of established teks, citing their authors, or it could simply link to the teks on the nexus or erowid or what-have-you.

Thanks for getting involved, Jorkest!

endlessness
#9 Posted : 12/16/2008 10:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought I posted this before but..

SWIM can contribute with writting and has some nice pics.. Can pics be uploaded in this wiki?

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 12/16/2008 11:21:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It appears as such. Pics would be great!

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 12/17/2008 12:15:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

The nexus wiki looks wonderful. Maybe also add a link to it on the very front page of the nexus? It would be nice if visitors can get to it pretty easily because as long as it's finished it's gonna be a totally rich source of information.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#12 Posted : 12/17/2008 1:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a section is missing about safety.. or should safety tips be written inside different chapters?

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 12/17/2008 2:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I think a section is missing about safety.. or should safety tips be written inside different chapters?

It should probably be written in the chapters so that it can't be glossed over quite as easliy.

Infundibulum wrote:
The nexus wiki looks wonderful. Maybe also add a link to it on the very front page of the nexus? It would be nice if visitors can get to it pretty easily because as long as it's finished it's gonna be a totally rich source of information.

Absolutely! It should probably be in an introduction right before the table of contents.

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The 'Dry Techniques' section is essentially complete.

Note that defatting is to be covered in the previous chapter (0: Source Selection) under '0.1.3: Defatting Concerns,' since the defatting method utilized may be considered as a universal method for powdered material. The A/B section should be the only section required to elaborate on further defatting concerns.

Column chromatographic rendering of anhydrous acetone would be a useful addition to this section if anyone feels confident enough to elaborate.

The Traveler
#15 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:10:59 PM

"No, seriously"

Infundibulum wrote:

Actually, it already is reachable from the front-page since yesterday, the wisdom link now points to it. Pleased

amor_fati
#16 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:

Infundibulum wrote:

Absolutely! It should probably be in an introduction right before the table of contents.

Oops, SWIM read his own thoughts into that! SWIM was thinking about directly linking from the wiki to the front page of the Nexus.

amor_fati
#17 Posted : 12/17/2008 6:10:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lots of progress today. SWIM's quite pleased with the pace and the quality. SWIM wrote an intro and an overview of purification by washing. SWIM also developed some formatting standards in the Dry-Techniques section. Traveler and Jorkest have been working on a FASA page that will automatically link every time 'FASA' appears on the forums.

Jorkest
#18 Posted : 12/17/2008 6:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for modifying that for me Traveler..im kinda new to this wiki thing..but ill pick it up after i see how its all done!
it's a sound

The Traveler
#19 Posted : 12/17/2008 6:23:55 PM

"No, seriously"

The progress is noticeable indeed. Actually it is quite fun to create articles in the wiki.

Part by part we have to include things that are not easy to find on wikipedia (like what I did with DMT Fumerate).

amor_fati
#20 Posted : 12/19/2008 7:22:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Much more progress today. Check it out!
The Nexian DMT Handbook

Much progress made on the other wiki pages as well. These will be the most valuable in the end, as the terms in the forum will be linked to their wiki's which will allow for a much more expedient passage of info within the forums. This will also save the trouble of having to sift through thread after thread to get a full grasp of the ideas and methods expressed.

Every little contribution will help, even if you're not familiar with wiki-formatting, just enter the info to the best of your abilities and somebody will reformat it for you.

123NEXT»