We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Nexus Mushroom Hunters, Post Finds Here. Options

Ice House
#41 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

christian wrote:
How do you rate these to dmt in terms of visuals, icehouse?

Well I suspect you can go as far with these as you can with DMT but you would have to eat more than I am willing to eat.

also......

There are other effects in Ps cyanescens, psilocybin and it's associated alkaloids that, IME ,are not present in N,N DMT, effects that traumatize my soul at times. Heavy sigh!

Ps Cyanescens are absolutely wonderful and IME very visual, very colorful. BUT!

they can also be very dark and very revealing, maybe too revealing.

I tread lightly with Ps Cyanescens mainly during October and November during the Harvest.
a celebration of life.

Me and cyans are kinda like me and Mrs Jones, lol!
We got a thing goin on and its tough sometimes, lol.

on another note.....

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Great Creator for providing for me and my dearest of friends on this wonderful day!

The wonderful bounty you have provided through our Mother Earth will be shared and apreciated in a most respectful and spiritual fasion.

Thank you Father Almighty!

Thank You for these provisions!

Ice House

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

christian
#42 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:16:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good Lord, Icehouse, you're begining to sound like a preacher there, Laughing ...No, seriously, thanks for your viewpoints there. I gotta agree with everything you said.

-It can sure be great fun "shrooming", and is a wonderful way of reconnecting with nature and giving praise to "he who provideth all thy sustinence to maketh man a happy elf until the winter is ended" Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Wax
#43 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:24:41 PM

LUVR

Very happy Very happy
Lucky dog!

I've heard cyans have been found in massive numbers in one patch up to a few thousand if I remember correctly.
If only.....
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

semios
#44 Posted : 10/30/2011 12:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice! I checked one of my small active patches this afternoon and got half a dozen or so, with some more pins on the way. Nothing like that though! It's been a totally off year for me. I have found patches like that in the past and been overwhelmed with cyans, but those patches all seem to have dried up. Gonna head out again tomorrow morning and check a few more spots - I have been in lots of places this year where it "felt right" in terms of habitat and vibe and other indicator species like galerina, but after much searching I was just not spotting them. The two patches I have found this year are RIGHT next to trails. They are little tricksters for sure!

idtravlr
#45 Posted : 10/30/2011 1:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Inspired by Ice, I went out to check my local spot. Lots of varieties growing but nothing of the higher order. I find these really cool purple Inocybe's however. This is my first time coming across these so I thought them worthy of picking and sharing a photo. They are beautiful. I'm not sure what the tall guy to the left is though. It's another one that haven't typically come across. Let me know if anyone knows what it might be.

idtravlr attached the following image(s):
Inocybe_2011-10-29.jpg (2,059kb) downloaded 310 time(s).
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

semios
#46 Posted : 10/30/2011 10:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Totally failed to find any new patches this weekend after about 3 hours of searching in what seemed to be perfect spots, with hardwood chips on the ground and alders or maples overhead. Sigh. Still, have three little patches (no single patch bigger than 20 cyans) and harvested about a dozen today. Growing mycelium on cardboard from the stem butts, gonna try to spread the love into more patches for next year.
semios attached the following image(s):
Cyan11-2.jpg (339kb) downloaded 283 time(s).
Cyan11-1.jpg (306kb) downloaded 283 time(s).

Ice House
#47 Posted : 10/31/2011 2:16:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful pictures semios. Glad to see you werent totally skunked. The time is coming soon brother, you will hit the motherload. Even if I gotta take you there myself.

Warm Regards,

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ice House
#48 Posted : 11/1/2011 2:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Went out hunting for edibles with my father today. We ended up picking about 20lbs of chantys and a hand full of black trumpets.
Ice House attached the following image(s):
chan.jpg (259kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
chan1.jpg (250kb) downloaded 256 time(s).
bt.jpg (250kb) downloaded 256 time(s).
bt1.jpg (270kb) downloaded 256 time(s).

Ice House
#49 Posted : 11/3/2011 6:16:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful morning for picking cyans! This morning with one of our newer memberssemios. We linked up and headed off into a wonderful area prime for picking. Picking was epic. semios thanks allot for the great morning of picking, look forward to hitting it again soon.

Enjoy the pics!
pp3.jpg (228kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
pp4.jpg (233kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
pp5.jpg (222kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
pp2.jpg (265kb) downloaded 236 time(s).
pp1.jpg (282kb) downloaded 237 time(s).

Curiouskid
#50 Posted : 11/3/2011 7:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is becoming RIDICULOUS!!!! Why Ice House is getting all the cyans, chanterelles even black trumpets (that by the way I've never seen for real...!) and others are just finding nada....?????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Enjoy my friend these are again VERY nice pictures, no doubts you've got the Fungi's God with you man!Smile (or maybe just experienced and very good at it!...?)
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

semios
#51 Posted : 11/4/2011 12:21:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was standing outside in the dark cold morning as the underside of the clouds turned pink and gradually the form of the day revealed itself in the light. A stranger appeared, delivered by the universe to move me forward on my journey. We trusted our instincts and we took a risk on each other, and it quickly became clear that the risk was never a risk at all, and we both had things we could offer each other. Which is the best kind of meeting.

There was an immediate payoff in terms of entheogens offered by the earth, a handshake and a knowing nod and a quick harvest looking over our shoulders as the sun burst over the horizon. A conspiratorial laugh and a retreat to the car and onward to our respective days, in opposite directions.

But there will be longer term payoffs as well. Of that I am certain. To be continued, Ice House. Many thanks to you, and many thanks to our little caramel-capped friends for facilitating our connection. Tricky little buggers, they know how to make good things happen. Not the first time I've seen it happen!

semios attached the following image(s):
pc.jpg (215kb) downloaded 216 time(s).

Ice House
#52 Posted : 11/4/2011 12:28:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

semios,

wonderful narration as to how our morning went. well said.

warm regards

IH

idtravlr
#53 Posted : 11/4/2011 4:22:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!Shocked Gorgeous edibles too! Lovely. You're hard work and dedication is paying off Ice House.

semious - Loved the write up! Congrats on your harvest!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Ice House
#54 Posted : 11/6/2011 7:57:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

took a walk this morning, early, just after first light. It was cold! A white frost covered most everything. Not a heavy freeze with a heavy frost, but a frost none the less. It didnt take long and I was in and amongst the icy, carmel colered, wayvy Cyan caps. They had a different look about them today. They just stood there, stone cold, silent. Not the usual bright, cheery, shiney specimens that promised of many flushes to come.

I believe their season is now past.

Like every year, though their arrival is expected, they always appear with a suprise. The fruiting is fast and furious and though the season only lasts a couple weeks it seems like it will never end as I run out of giant cardboard boxes to dry them in. I never take their brief visit for granted because I know that one all too soon I will arrive only to find that they are gone. Their work is done.

Maybe a declaration of seasons end is premature. I have been at this for many more seasons than I can remember and I have that feeling. Or, maybe its more fitting to say that I dont have that feeling any more.

That feeling of magic is gone.

It was a great run this year! One of the better years.

The only thing that will save this season is a week or two of 40-50 degree weather and allot of hope. lol

Enough rambling.

Enjoy what may be the last pics of 2011, today's finds.

cy1.jpg (220kb) downloaded 193 time(s).
cy2.jpg (344kb) downloaded 194 time(s).
cy3.jpg (213kb) downloaded 193 time(s).
cy4.jpg (213kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
cy5.jpg (240kb) downloaded 192 time(s).

Ice House
#55 Posted : 11/6/2011 8:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its that all? lol...............

I will be humble in my answer and simply say-

yes, that is all.

christian,

that is a very fine plate of fungus you have there. I am glad to see you got on em this year. Awesome job. Looks like there are plenty there for this winter. Very lovely healthy looking specimines at that.

great job!

christian
#56 Posted : 11/6/2011 8:55:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really nice harvest, Icehouse. I see you're drying them out. Will you be using a dessicant to get them cracker dry, and will you powder and encapsulate them for ease of use and storage/convenience???
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Ice House
#57 Posted : 11/7/2011 12:10:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
Really nice harvest, Icehouse. I see you're drying them out. Will you be using a dessicant to get them cracker dry, and will you powder and encapsulate them for ease of use and storage/convenience???

I dry them out in cardboard boxes in order to collect the spores. I get em as dry as I can get em in the cardboard then I transfer them to a big rubbermaid container. The bottom of the container contains desecant, the cyans are on a rack or shelf above the desecant. Then I put the lid on the rubbermaid. I seal em up like that for about 24hrs or until they are cracker dry. They then go into gallon sized hermetically sealed jars. They stay perfectly potent for a long time. I dosed a couple days ago on some Cyans that were almost three years old! 2 grams was all it took to launch me for a solid 6 hour voyage!

I use the spores to make liquid innoculant for use in starting new patches, this method is very effective, this ensures that, during Cyan season, I always have patches to pick, always.

jamie
#58 Posted : 11/7/2011 12:45:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

jesus ice house..how much do you think you picked this season..a few ounces?

I love how blue cyans are..it also frightens me..Ive gone way to far with cyans more than once..I get that deep feeling where its like I have fallen into a pit of dispair..but I love them and somehow I always go back.

For the last year I have stuck to like, 1-2g doses of cubes in tea..and that is even enough for me..I had maybe 3+g one night and it was approaching my limit..I dunno why this is..I used to take 4-5g of cubes and I have taken 6g of cyans(never agin though Smile ) ..I think I prefer ayahuasca for deeper experiences these days but I love mushrooms still..I use them for lighter experiences these days..I bet .5g of cyans would blast me..maybe its all the caapi I drink that made me more sensitive I dunno..
2g of those cyans I think I would have to just go to my room and shut the door for the night!
Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#59 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:11:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
jesus ice house..how much do you think you picked this season..a few ounces?

Hmmmmmmmm, lets just say that I picked enough for me and a dozen of my closest friends to trip as often as we want to for the next year without fear of running out.

The exact ammount is better off left unsaid.

lol

christian
#60 Posted : 11/7/2011 1:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply,Icehouse. The Cyans look pretty big and juicy where you're at. I guess you're gonna be having a lotta fun with those innocent looking shrivveled up things!! Wink

PREV12345NEXT