We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I come seeking wisdom and the sharing of knowledge. Options

thatmentat
#1 Posted : 10/19/2011 2:42:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello splendid travelers! I am honored to join you here. What you all have created here is magnificent and wonderful. You are a fantastic group of mature and intelligent people, and I look forward to joining and contributing to your(our) ranks. Please allow me to introduce myself.

I am a seeker of enlightenment, of knowledge and wisdom, and of truth. Psychedelics have been helpful in these pursuits, though only a part of them. I am quite fond of the teachings of Zen and Tibetan Buddhism. Meditation is a wonderful tool, I suggest any of you travelers unacquainted with it bring it into your repertoire. It has proved invaluable to me already. I seek gurus and sources of wisdom to learn from and gain in their knowledge, lest I suffer myself to gain it other ways. I know I will find many sources of wisdom on this site.

I am also a musician, writer, and an artist. For now I mainly compose various forms of electronica(usually dubstep. I plan to branch out into a variety of other forms of music, and also delve into painting, woodcraft, and sculpting. I currently lack the money to do most of that so for now I practice patience. My dream and goal as of now is to become a headline DJ at the Shambhala Music Festival one day Smile It's going to be great, I hope some of you are there when I do it.

I am also a Shaman in training. I have been laboriously attempting to heal myself mentally, spiritually, and physically for 2 years since I woke up and stopped being an automaton. I hope that I can master my craft and help guide others as well. Both through the realms of psychedelics as well as the troubles of the material world. I want to bring joy, health, and thriving existence to others to return the favors the universe has bestowed on me.

My experience is, for the time being, fairly limited. I've had only a handful of shroom trips, and a recent journey through ayahuasca and DMT. I plan to expand and partake of other experiences though in the future. I am but a novice in the world of psychedelics, but I have already gained greatly from their gifts.

I hope to join and contribute to the growth and evolution of this forum. Thanks for being awesome and making such a wonderful place! Very happy

If you have any questions let me know.

"We can build an ark of written words, and be resurrected, if the data is recorded."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dmtk2852
#2 Posted : 10/19/2011 3:10:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in fine.
Tibetan buddhism and DMT seem to go hand in hand, they have even referred to DMT trips as "the lesser lights".
Even though I'm not a buddhist and neither is my room mate we keep a wood carving of the Buddha right above our TV. Provides for some interesting visuals Pleased
Anywho, I wish you the best of luck on your journey. And hope you have many fantastic voyages to come!

nen888
#3 Posted : 10/19/2011 4:05:00 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome to the nexusSmile

..with your 'mentat' training you take take bending space with spice even further!
look forward to more of your posts...

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 10/19/2011 8:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome

I think you will find that you have a lot of kindred spirits here.

Meditation is a crucial key. Even people who don't practice it are still doing it to some degree. Just like people who never studied breathing exercises still breathe.

I hope that your art, writing, music and DJing are all uplifted and enlightened by your entheogenic experiences... the way many of us here have had ours.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

thatmentat
#5 Posted : 10/19/2011 3:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much everyone. I knew when I first found this place that it was just what I needed Smile

"We can build an ark of written words, and be resurrected, if the data is recorded."