We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Here to Help and Have Fun Options

monglerbongler
#1 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:20:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am a similarly minded adventurer, at least in generic terms, to the majority of the people on this board. I am a genuine (formally educated) chemist and I have always had interests in what amounts to "hobby" natural product chemistry. I have non-classroom based synthetic and natural product experience, as well as "home based" experience. My interests w/r to powerful chemicals is mostly associated with the chemistry. I am a lightweight regarding the final product. I am not inexperienced, but neither am I a well traveled psychonaut.

I am here to help the other chemists spread the knowledge, and aid the hobbyists who have questions with their endeavors. My goal is clarification and simplification.

I can tell you right now, that any and all future posts will probably be "TL;DR" but in a good way. I am explicit at all times, and avoid any possible confusion in my writing style or explanations.

I try to juggle this clear, direct, and explicit style with the necessity of being "vague" when it comes to details regarding the type of stuff on this forum.

I am a scientist at heart. That is my way of saying that I hold no particular philosophical or spiritual beliefs with respect to the methods or materials discussed on this forum. Some may disagree with my point of view ("Better living through chemistry" is my motto). I may disagree with those held by others.

I say that now for honesty's sake. I do not mean that I will challenge, either openly, snidely, sarcastically, or implicitly, the beliefs or opinions of others. Nor do I mind if people challenge mine. We are all different, but at the end of the day the only thing I care about is the technical aspect of the chemistry.

I figured I should be honest here.

Anyway, I am looking forward to making some write ups if my essay makes the cut.

Good luck to you all and be careful.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

InMotion
#2 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:31:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

TL;DR Just kidding Razz

Cool stuff always good to have another chemist on board. I'm a student of chemistry as well. I'm sure you will be met with open arms Smile. Keep in mind however the vast majority of the people here will view extractions differently, and the final products differently as well. There are a couple handfulls of other chemists around as well though, so I am sure you will enjoy this place.

From personal experience, I know it can be hard to maintain a scientific mind and stay very active on this forum, my advice is, have some fun while you are here as well Smile.

<3

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus!
You will fit in fantastically - your knowledge will be of great help. I'm looking forward to read more of you!

Welcome aboard monglerbongler
elusive illusion

dmtk2852
#4 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus, I'm sure all members will appreciate a new member with knowledge of chemistry. I'm sure many, such as myself, will appreciate having another scientific-minded thinker on these boards. Sometimes its so easy to get caught up in the spirituality and travel to other dimensions, its nice to have some clear thinking reasoning as well.

nen888
#5 Posted : 10/18/2011 6:28:09 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..welcome monglerbongler Smile, really looking forward to your posts...

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 10/18/2011 9:42:43 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome to the nexus great to have another as yourself, Its great you want to contribute, i see you bringing a good piece of the puzzle to the forum.

Welcome again and thank you.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"