We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yet another curious newcomer Options

northern explorer
#1 Posted : 10/14/2011 10:22:21 PM

L A

Hello everyone!
Have been lurking around (not Nexus unfortunately) for some time now and finally decided taking a new step.

So, who am I you might ask. Currently 22 year old male from Northern Europe, student at an Uni. I am most certainly not a person who would be associated with research chemicals or anything alike. Law obeying, decent citizen. For what it's worth, I've never even tried a tobacco product.

Few years ago DMT caught my eye somewhere on the net and ever since I've been reading trip reports every now and then. Being strictly science-oriented/minded myself, the world of DMT has amazed me - surrounded by so much controversial unresearched and -confirmed data.

Anyway, to the next step mentioned above. Time seems right for planting seeds into soil and I find myself on a crossroads. So much info and options out there to choose from. I'm probably simply afraid of making wrong decisions.

Being up here in north, options are somewhat limited. But that's a whole new topic I'm hoping to start in near future : )

Warm greetings from cold,
NE

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 10/15/2011 4:33:03 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hey there & a warm welcome to you northern explorerSmile ,
with your science-based rigor you should find the safest methods for ingestion, the nexus is a great research tool..
you wrote
Quote:
Time seems right for planting seeds into soil and I find myself on a crossroads.

..plenty of plants don't mind the cold..the 'crossroads' is where, traditionally, the final direction is 'spirit' (the fifth)..
i find singularities and other places where science 'breaks down' fascinating..

see you about...

northern explorer
#3 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:26:08 PM

L A

nen888 wrote:
with your science-based rigor you should find the safest methods for ingestion, the nexus is a great research tool..
you wrote
Quote:
Time seems right for planting seeds into soil and I find myself on a crossroads.

..plenty of plants don't mind the cold..the 'crossroads' is where, traditionally, the final direction is 'spirit' (the fifth)..

see you about...

Thanks a lot!

One of the main reasons i'm not into LSD is the risks associated with this substance. As there's going to the responsibility of many lives on my shoulders in the future, the risk of having flashback or anything similar is not acceptable by any means.

Anyway there's something concerning dimethyltryptamine i can't find answer for. How does consumption of this affect blood pressure - in short as well long term (I have relatively low blood pressure).

dmtk2852
#4 Posted : 10/15/2011 11:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

northern explorer wrote:
nen888 wrote:
you wrote
Quote:

see you about...

Thanks a lot!

One of the main reasons i'm not into LSD is the risks associated with this substance. As there's going to the responsibility of many lives on my shoulders in the future, the risk of having flashback or anything similar is not acceptable by any means.

Anyway there's something concerning dimethyltryptamine i can't find answer for. How does consumption of this affect blood pressure - in short as well long term (I have relatively low blood pressure).

First of all welcome to the nexus.

I'm curious to your aversion to LSD, are you aware that any risks associated with LSD are also usually associated with other psychedelics including DMT?

That being said, LSD is one of the safest substances you can take. The risk of flashbacks is extremely low, and I've even heard that these reports are unconfirmed.
DMT does raise heart rate and BP in the short term, but not by any amount considered dangerous for most people. If you do have high BP or heart conditions though I wouldn't recommend it.
Overall psychedelics are very safe substances, much safer than alcohol and tobacco IMO.

northern explorer
#5 Posted : 10/16/2011 9:42:09 AM

L A

dmtk2852 wrote:
I'm curious to your aversion to LSD, are you aware that any risks associated with LSD are also usually associated with other psychedelics including DMT?

That being said, LSD is one of the safest substances you can take.

Yes, i'm familiar with the general risks concerning consumption of psychedelics. It's mainly stories about flashbacks i'm worried about when it comes to LSD. Doesn't matter whether it's simply legend or not; as long as it is not proven wrong, the risk is not worth it.

Although i'm curious about your last statement. I believed DMT was considered t h e safest when it comes to psychedelics.

dmtk2852
#6 Posted : 10/16/2011 9:58:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

northern explorer wrote:
dmtk2852 wrote:

That being said, LSD is one of the safest substances you can take.

Yes, i'm familiar with the general risks concerning consumption of psychedelics. It's mainly stories about flashbacks i'm worried about when it comes to LSD. Doesn't matter whether it's simply legend or not; as long as it is not proven wrong, the risk is not worth it.

Although i'm curious about your last statement. I believed DMT was considered t h e safest when it comes to psychedelics.

Psychedelics are all pretty safe, however DMT does carry risks of flashbacks as any other psychedelic does. You should be aware that these psychedelic compounds are pharmacologically pretty similar in the way they work on the brain.
They act on serotogernic receptors in the brain.

The BP thing is far less of an issue since only people with heart problems could have issues. In the famous DMT studies Strassman did only one participant had this happen. His BP was so high they had to discontinue the study on him and almost started emergency treatment.
Just don't think you can't have those same flashbacks when it comes to DMT, these drugs are all psychedelics. And the incidence of flashbacks happening is so low to me its not even worth considering. Don't close your mind to things just because you have heard anecdotal reports.

northern explorer
#7 Posted : 10/16/2011 10:33:32 AM

L A

dmtk2852 wrote:
Psychedelics are all pretty safe, however DMT does carry risks of flashbacks as any other psychedelic does. You should be aware that these psychedelic compounds are pharmacologically pretty similar in the way they work on the brain.
They act on serotogernic receptors in the brain.

The BP thing is far less of an issue since only people with heart problems could have issues. In the famous DMT studies Strassman did only one participant had this happen. His BP was so high they had to discontinue the study on him and almost started emergency treatment.
Just don't think you can't have those same flashbacks when it comes to DMT, these drugs are all psychedelics. And the incidence of flashbacks happening is so low to me its not even worth considering. Don't close your mind to things just because you have heard anecdotal reports.

Thanks. Will keep that in mind.

nen888
#8 Posted : 10/18/2011 6:26:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..as this is an intro thread i'll be brief, but i have never seen a scientific study of 'flashbacks'..plus what other drugs have people who flashback had..also, i've heard of DMT 'flash-forwards'..a spontaneous pre-experience..(no drugs involved)
DMT is one of the safest possible drugs (though i don't think drug is the right word)
..i don't think any LD50 has been reached, nor any animal slain by ridiculous overdose..there are no human deaths recorded..blood pressure and heart rate are barely affected..it is because of the very small number of recorded negative medical side-effects that Strassman probably found FDA approval easier..

northern explorer, i would be more concerned at the safety of walking down the street than smoking DMT in a safe setting...