We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Can't breakthorugh... help :?) Options

mayahuasca
#21 Posted : 12/13/2008 11:36:11 PM

Maya Huasca

in my experience the glass vapos work well whether they be ones such as the vapo2 or even a homemade lightbulb. the trick for me has been in getting a torch lighter that one would use to light cigars such as the well known colibri torch lighters. a regular lighter will seldom get the glass hot enough to vaporize the crystals and this is really difficult to do if you do not have a sitter. i recommend having a someone hold the pipe for you so all you have to do is inhale while they focus on vaping with the torch. this way you should be able to get several good hits before you breakthrough.

so far i have only made extracts from mhrb and it has alot of fats and oils in it even if it is of premium quality.
if you take your solvent from all of your pulls in a pyrex bowl and heat it up to boiling (prior to evaporating or freezing) you will see all the fats, oils and garbage sink to the bottom of the bowl. all of the spice will be in the clear solvent that goes to the top of the bowl which you can then pour off into another bowl leaving all the junk behind in the bottom of the original bowl. this is alot faster than defatting before pulling and it also does not waste extra solvent.

if you do this one or twice, you should come out with some white or crystal goodies (at worst, off-white) in the end and since they do not have oils, fats or impurities, it will vaporize alot easier and it also will not burn your lungs.

however, you really should have a sitter and not do this alone. when you do get a few good hits of clear crystal
you most definitely will breakthrough and you do not want to do so with smoking pipe in your hand that can burn you
or set something on fire while you are in hyperspace.

Very happy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nanaki
#22 Posted : 12/13/2008 11:39:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM sees vaporized DMT as "clean" tasting. Like drinking water out of a hose, almost the same taste. Very good. Of course the side effects of seeing beautiful geometry Open Eyed are always welcome.

Good advice Maya. SWIM actually only takes one big hit, and lays back as effects are starting. He has never taken it to the 3rd hit. When he gets his VaporGenie, he'll probably only need one hit. Heck, SWIM breaks through on around 15mg or less. He's on blood thinners, so it seems that might make things a bit easier.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Nanaki
#23 Posted : 12/14/2008 12:05:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest,

Just received my vaporGenie. However, I don't have any parsley to load the DMT onto. Could anything else be used? I don't smoke MJ, so that's out. And lettuce does not work, tried it.

I also ordered a wickedly cook Vector lighter. The BIC ones have flint spark that produces vapors that can be harmful if inhaled, or so their site says. Anyway, BIC lighters tend to go out with the slightest breeze or breath, so this is much better. Though, I was able to blow the flame out when I tried.

Jorkest wrote:
ABSOLUTELY! after you inhale that little bit of air..it helps to swallow..it closes the flap to your lungs..but make sure you dont swallow any dmt vapor..it will make you puke..believe SWIM
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#24 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:14:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

use any kind of herb that you can..something that is pleasant to smoke normally..you want something to be able to catch the spice..but also be easy on the lungs...SWIM uses blue lotus
it's a sound

soulman
#25 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When SWIM smokes, he uses a bong. He slowly sucks the pipe filling the small plastic bottlewith vapour. Then when he is near full lung capacity, he takes his finger in the inlet hole and clears the bong. No problems so far.
The only thing is,, he then proceeds to to hold it in as long as he can, which he doesnt have an issue with, however, after holding it in for as long as he can, the effects have started and he is usually too far gone to be takin another hit. However the annoyin thing he is never far gone enough to break through!!!
Any advice on how he can get in another hit before his is flat on his back bewilderd by the nonbreakthrough magnificence?
You have to go within or you go without

Jorkest
#26 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you just got to take another big hit...sometimes you just need to power through it...perhaps if you only hold your first hit in 15 seconds...

seriously..if you can see your hands...even if you have 12 of them...take another hit..sometimes when SWIM is taking bigger doses...all he can see when hes taking those last few hits...is his hands...everything else becomes black..and its just his hands and his pipe and lighter..like wicked tunnel vision..with visuals..
it's a sound

soulman
#27 Posted : 12/14/2008 2:59:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK thanks, i shall tell him that he has just gotta power through it.
That must be pretty weird when you can only see your hands..yikes
You have to go within or you go without

Z E D
#28 Posted : 12/18/2008 5:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
what you may want to do is recrystallize...take your spice...and put it in some warm Naphtha or Hexane or Heptane..and swirl it around..you will see a small yellow puddle at the bottom and that is all the impurities..so once you do it for awhile...(swirling) pour off your naptha leaving behind the yellow puddle and then put it in a jar that is easy to scrape..and make sure its closed..then throw it in the freezer...you should see it cloud up in say 30 minutes..and you will have nice whitish crystals in about 2 hours..but leave it in there for at least 4-5 hours..then pour off the solvent quickly..and then CLOSE THE JAR AGAIN..because otherwise water will condense on the inside of the jar and it will take longer to dry out the crystals...

dont throw away your yellow stuff..because there is more dmt in there..

SWIM did the rextallization thing and OMG!

He did a STB with heptane on a hot water bath, he got a brown and oily stuff ****(he wonders if it was the solvent or the water bath )******

So he decided to try the rextallization... put heptane slowly until it dissolved the spice and then, hot water bath ****(maybe to raise the solubility thing even someway that at room temo the crystals would precipitate, it makes the freeze precip better, he doesn't know...)****

He though he would see a liquid oily layer and a more pure solvent layer, but when really saturated the solvent he saw that the impurities precipitate ***(maybe because dmt has more affinity for the solvent than the oils, so if it is satured, it prefers that i be with dmt, he doesn't know...)***

At the other day he poured the solvent quickly and he got beautiful baby yellow spice just like that from travinski's FOAF

The only problem swim saw it was to find a nice recipiente for freeze precip and because he had to crush the spice balls, because it seems to hold some solvent

EDIT: if someone could help SWIM's to answer his chemistry questions *****beetween asterisks*****, he'd be glad Smile

acolon_5
#29 Posted : 12/18/2008 5:35:06 PM

The Great Namah

Nanaki wrote:
Jorkest,

Just received my vaporGenie. However, I don't have any parsley to load the DMT onto. Could anything else be used? I don't smoke MJ, so that's out. And lettuce does not work, tried it.

In a real pinch cigarrett ash can be used. Tobacco can be used for that matter as well.

Damania, Lotus, Wild Lettuce, parsely are all favorites. I imagine any not too harsh leaf will work, but the smoothest by far is White Lotus. It is litterally like smoking air. It can be bought really cheap on ebay, or any of the ethno online vendors.

When I recrystalize I do not freeze precipitate. I only do that when I first extract. Rather I use the smallest amount of solvent possible to dissolve all of the spice present (and hot solvent really helps with this). Let it sit for a few minutes until all the oils have dropped out, pour out the good naphtha/bestine/hexane (I prefer bestine:naphtha mix 4:1 slows evaporation time, keeps most of the selectivity of heptane, and produces brilliant xtals) and then just cover it losely with some paper towl and let it sit for 2-3 days. When you see it after three days you will see why I prefer this method. Clusters of clear shiney sword like crystal structures. They are beautiful to see.

I don't understand your first question, but you are correct about the other two issues. If you can dissolve enough spice in your solvent, it will precipiate out at room temperature, BUT LET IT EVAP SOME MORE, almost to nothing and you will have giant crystals everywhere. Bestine (heptane) and Hexane, and to some degree Naphtha all dissolve spice more than they like dissolving oils.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Z E D
#30 Posted : 12/18/2008 6:35:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's wonders how prepare parsley... dry in the sun? fresh?

Z E D
#31 Posted : 12/18/2008 6:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I don't understand your first question

Last extraction SWIM was a STB withou defat, using heptane and with the gallon on hot water bath... he got really brown and waxy spice, so he wonders if it happened because of the affinity of the solvent for the oils or because he used a hot water bath, he just read that somewhere...

acolon_5
#32 Posted : 12/18/2008 6:56:24 PM

The Great Namah

Z E D wrote:
SWIM's wonders how prepare parsley... dry in the sun? fresh?

As long as it is dry, it doesn't matter how it is prepared. It is only the carrier, no effects will be had from the parsley. Go to the store, look in the spice isle and bam! Parsley!

Sounds like you got a tad of the mimosa water in with your naphtha. Do you know if this is the case. I've never seen brown crystals before, only yellow, white, red, and clear. Using heptane you should have gotten yellow or white.

Even using a hot water bath, the worst that happens is that ALOT of oils come over with the DMT, so you will have a lot of yellow oil to deal with.

Heptane is rather expensive, I use naphtha (it's a tad better at extracting the alkaloids). Heptane I reserve for recrystalizations.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Z E D
#33 Posted : 12/18/2008 7:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hum, maybe the brown stuff was simply dust... SWIM is having a lot this time of the year because near his house are making a huge suburb

when he recrystallized he saw all the brown stuff clumped together in a brown nasty ball that he simply took from the jar.

Z E D
#34 Posted : 1/10/2009 5:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big Advances Folks!

SWIM smoked spice in the homemade bong with parsley under and above it and... well... the experience took 3 musics and SWIM can't remember the second music very much... SWIM looked at the wall and it turned into a tunnel, then SWIM though he was his sitter and forgot his name... SWIM got lost on his own house and though than actually he was an overweighted fourty years single guy who lived alone in an abandoned house, and everything was imagination... even the guy he though he was, the sitter, his family, his house...

well, SWIM really got shot by DMT and lost his ego.

At the first hit he just felt music started to slow down, at the second some smooth visuals, but at the third, he totally got abstract o.O'

Many thanks to all of you that have been helped SWIM... recrystallization and the bong helped very much. SWIM feels this forum is the eye of the hurricane of DMT and extractions.

Spock's Brain
#35 Posted : 1/14/2009 7:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
you just got to take another big hit...sometimes you just need to power through it...perhaps if you only hold your first hit in 15 seconds...

seriously..if you can see your hands...even if you have 12 of them...take another hit..sometimes when SWIM is taking bigger doses...all he can see when hes taking those last few hits...is his hands...everything else becomes black..and its just his hands and his pipe and lighter..like wicked tunnel vision..with visuals..

I have the same quandry, how to smoke enough to breakthru. After one decent hit I'm too dissoriented and can't remember what to do. Other times I smoke a smaller first, began smoking a 2nd, but then when the effects start to come, I'm like "Oh Shit!" and then I discontinue. So I havn't touched it in awhile, been thinking about it tho. I'm thinking I need to take one decent hit..., and then intently look at the pipe and the lighter only... as I hold it directly in front of my face.., so I can remember what to do. After meditating for fear alleviation, or just after a few beers.
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

PREV12