We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Traveller of the void: An introduction Options

VoidTraveler
#1 Posted : 10/11/2011 11:07:22 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Hello all, I'd like to give an introduction of who I am so other forum members can get an idea of who they're dealing with.

I am VoidTraveller, a 28 year old male who quite recently ventured into the world of conciousness expanding substances. Most of my life I have spent struggling to find meaning. Initially this was through religion, but I eventually concluded on my 16th that religion was a flawed dogma. I became a spiritual atheist. I still consider myself spiritual(and atheist), but not in the sense that we have a spirit in a corporeal vessel, but one that is one with the vessel we are in. I do not believe in an afterlife and I am very sceptical towards the attitude that a lot of people have towards DMT.

I have a scientific background and I question everything that I see or hear. If you make a claim I'd like to see it backed up. But I see a lot of DMT consumers share a common attitude about it, and that made me very curious. So I proceeded to do a lot of background research towards DMT. I started watching The Spirit Molecule documentary on Youtube but I concluded that it was too much claims that weren't backed up by evidence. I read various trip reports from various sources, checked Erowid and then proceeded to research the various extraction methods. After a few weeks I felt confident with my knowledge and did a 50 gram MHRB extraction that yielded me a decent 0.7% yield(350 mg) of spice. After drying I wrapped my spice in a seal and placed it in my freezer until the right time had come.

That right time was 1.5 weeks ago. My first experience was mostly feeling extremely weird and seeing an intense green flash that bathed everything in the most beautiful color green. The flash is recurring as I've seen it multiple times now. The 2nd and 3rd experiences were OEVs that made me see into hyperspace and felt the presence of another being.

The experiences were incredibly serene. They felt good and I loved every moment of it. Well, except the third time when one of my friends decided it was a good idea to snort ketamine when I was preparing my pipe and the moment I started to see visuals he went bad. I nearly panicked and decided that proceeding further was a bad idea and thus enjoyed the beautiful colours that were covering my furniture and ceiling.

I am an open minded individual that's sceptical, but my due to my experiences with DMT I am intrigued. Usually I am very compelled to dismiss the beliefs of followers because there is no substantial evidence. With DMT I feel like there actually *IS* a way to verify what others are saying. I want to experience / see for myself what everyone is talking about. Maybe I am wrong with my secular world view. Maybe I am not. I intend to explore hyperspace extensively the coming years, but with moderation. I want to see the entities, interact with them if possible and share the spice with two of my friends who are very dear to me(and open to it).

It's great to be at the Nexus and I hope I can be a valuable contributing member.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 10/11/2011 11:17:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus!Smile

I like your desire for any claims made to be backed up, but, IMO, the understanding of the DMT experience is at present not provable by scientific enquiry.But if we were to use 'anecdotal' evidence when contemplating it, this battery of evidence is compelling insofar as it does unbelievable things which only first-hand experience can give an inkling of.

It poses more questions than it answers but this doesnt diminsh the pursuit.Wink

Once more, welcome!
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

VoidTraveler
#3 Posted : 10/12/2011 9:01:35 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm quite positive that I won't bring back anything that will provide sufficient scientific proof. But that doesn't mean I can't travel there myself to witness it.

One of the things I'm very interested in are synchronised hyperspace events. I'm curious what the effects are if multiple people enter hyperspace at the exact same time and see if they're capable of finding one another. I want to get a little bit more experienced with hyperspace and travelling beyond the veil with a breakthrough before diving into those.

It's good to be here.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 10/12/2011 9:31:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome VT

Good to hear that your journeys and awakenings have led you to spice and the Nexus. That your instincts have brought you thusfar, indicates that they are good and should continue to lead you where you need to go.

A healthy combination of rationality and open mindedness is nearly always the best approach, and you seem to have a decent balance.

Remember, though, that even scientific proof is rarely any sort of true proof as it is currently practiced. It generally amounts to the claims of one or more scientists that their attempts to disprove a theory or hypothesis have failed X number of times under such and such conditions. At best this is tenuous inductive evidence. Often it says more about their hypothesis and methodology than it does about any kind absolute truth.

Scientists are no more infallible than the Pope.

Considering that most science is pushed forward by economic motivations, and that it is not clear how the study of hyperspace, entities and the other hallucinations of illegal drug users will profit any major funder of research... I wouldn't hold my breath that the whitecoats will solve any of this for us.

As a psychonaut, you are a frontiersman. A pioneering explorer or realms that are reached within, but have a startling and unexplainable correspondence and conformity across hundreds of thousands of trip reports. Keep in mind that spicenauts have nor reason to make up such symmetries. There is no hope of gain or prestige to be had in perpetrating a hoax that would be impossible to orchestrate under any circumstance.

May your inner space explorations be fruitful, and the maps you bring back of that strange and wonderful land be of benefit to all.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha