We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SWIM need's some support, nervous :( Options

Sublime
#1 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:28:48 PM

Intraterrestrial

Well, the easiest way is to relax and do this humbly and treat it with respect. That anxious feeling is hard to let just pass over, but just try to stay calm and focused and surrender. Try meditating for a little while before and state your intention to yourself and know that everything is going to be okay. Or just jump off the deep end and learn how to swim.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:32:55 PM

Not I

Sky Motion wrote:
Hey Nexus, SWIM has been surfing these forums for a while now out of curiosity and SWIM's plan to experience the spirit molecule. SWIM has about 80mg of DMT. It is a yellow colored crystal. SWIM has read lots about DMT but is aware that nothing can prepare one for it. SWIM took a small hit (15mg) earlier to try and get a taste of what is to come. SWIM started hallucinating and feeling an intense body sensation where SWIM felt like he was melting. SWIM can not help but feel anxious/nervous about having a bad time. SWIM seeks input on the best way to just do it.

Just move the dose up gradually. You've done 15mgs and come back. Maybe do 15 again a couple of times. Then, if, and when, you feel ready move the dose up to 20mgs.... If you have good technique you won't have to go past 25-30 mgs to have a full hyperspace immersion. I can do it on 20mgs.

Peace.

BTW. Nothing can prepare you for it is true. However it is not nearly as fantastic as it sounds and it's more fantastic that you might believe. Smile
Actually if you'v done 15mgs and experienced visuals you are pretty well prepared for what is to come with larger doses.

Just remember to stay present with yourself. Keep a dialog going in your head if you need to...it will ground you to the fact that you are still connected to a living body.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found the best way to get over the virgin anxiety was to do small amounts, gradually increasing the dose each time. I felt like it prepared me more and more of what was to come without having to dive straight into the abyss.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:38:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Don't feel bad at all brother..everyone gets that pre-flight anxiety, even those who have done it hundreds of times can still get it. It's hard not to when you know that the self you think is yourself is about to get obliterated. This is why meditation is so important..look into that and yoga if you haven't, especially pranayama..deep and slow breathes are key. When used in conjunction with a low dose this work wonders at calming the mind/body and dissolving that anxiety

It helps to clarify your intentions for taking in the molecule and even something as simple as smiling once it is all inhaled can work wonders.

Getting your feet wet first helps..but, that said; every time i jump off the deep end into oblivion i always am extremely glad i did so afterwards ..so keep that in mind Very happy

(also, you might want to look into changa and caapi/rue)

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Sky Motion
#5 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:44:27 PM

<3

SWIM appreciates the words of wisdom given to him and is taking everything that is said in mind.

DanceStream
#6 Posted : 10/7/2011 4:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If working your way up in dose seems to make sense, don't let me argue that.
For me though, there exists an obnoxious threshold right at the precipice of breaking through. it seems to be the place where all beings make fun of my attachments, haha. So if I get to that threshold, I would prefer to dive on in.
within I divinity
within all infinity
I respect I eternally

Member of the "wants Federer to win everything for 2012" club

Vito
#7 Posted : 10/9/2011 7:03:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Don't feel bad at all brother..everyone gets that pre-flight anxiety, even those who have done it hundreds of times can still get it. It's hard not to when you know that the self you think is yourself is about to get obliterated.

Heh. I hear that ! I've had fantastic, GREAT, as my circle and I call, journeys, but I pretty much always get quite nervous before that first pull.
I personally never really dosed up and up, I didn't meditate I just got into it. It was my first experience with psychedelics, and I dont do any other drugs or even really drink. Still - I jumped into the deep end and "they" were gentle with me. I'll say this it changed my thought process on what were about, even if I can never quite remember the jewels of enlightenment I am bestowed each time.
I think it's only fair to say I've had the darkest trips as well. Bad bad places I'd rather not ever venture again willingly, what felt like dark entities and other nasty vibes which lingered for a short time upon returning (30 mins of Vibe were talking about) - but I still have come out of these... Lessons with knowledge and thankfulness.

In any case you'll be fine, 5-15 mins of the most amazing experience your bound to ever discover and then it's back to reality!

Do it and let us know how you went !
"We'll sit quiet, be alert, pay attention to you, be available, hold good thoughts and feelings for you. If you need human contact, just put out your hand and somebody will take it. If you lose control, we're here to help. Otherwise, this is your experience, not ours. Your pretty much on your own."

Felnik
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 4:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few simple things can help your explorations .
Keep in mind no matter what you do it will be weirder
Than you could ever imagine . Ramping the dose up slowly is good advice .
Try to ensure a good mindset no nagging life stresses . make some phone calls
If necessary beforehand . Secure a good quiet location with no
Distractions of any kind . Stay cool no matter what , ride it out don't panic if it gets intense.
Remind yourself its a short duration experience . You will always come back
No matter what . breath through it , Stay light not too serious , it likes that a lot .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208