We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Journey Options

purple_dye
#1 Posted : 10/4/2011 4:05:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried to write an essay but all I could come up with is fragmented thoughts. Here you go:

I’ve always been fascinated with the notion of reality. It’s a very odd concept indeed.

Entheogens have taught me amazing things and helped me come to grips and even an acceptance to the existential angst that is ever so prevalent in today’s modern society.

I’m here to learn and soak up as much information as I can.

My major interests include: philosophy, chemistry (my major), entheogens, debate, meditation, motivational, working out, nature, health, herbs, and self sufficiency. [I guess I should put my gf on the list too huh? ] ;-)

I feel as though modern day western society (corporations, money hungry capitalists, gogogo attitude, etc.) is something of a disease. I often find myself wanting to go live off the wild.

I was raised Christian. I’m labeled agnostic now. The tendency is to lean towards a “new age” point of view. Key words include: energy, vibrations, animistic, gestalt. Searching…
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 10/4/2011 4:13:48 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome to the nexus new member, i am happy to hear that you are here to obtain knowledge.

Well my friend you have found the right place, i hope you find what you are looking for be safe and responsible,

i wish you safe journey's.

And if you have any questions feel free to ask.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

purple_dye
#3 Posted : 10/4/2011 2:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys,

I have some mimosahuasca that I have prepared sitting in my fridge right now waiting for me to decant. I plan on having my first experience this coming weekend perhaps if it feels right. Interesting what you say about knowledge regarding science. I definitely have that!

I want to start slow as I'm a now cautious individual. I used to be much more reckless in my younger days (plenty of stories).

I was thinking:

2 grams rue ground up and put in capsules and 2-3 grams of my mimosa brew. Thoughts?

I used the gelatin/egg white method to reduce nausea. boiled mimosa powder 2x for 3 hours each with a splash of vinegar to acidify each time. I also added some ginger chunks late in the process that were removed during one of my many filtering attempts.
PS

purple_dye
#4 Posted : 10/8/2011 4:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone have any advice on my proposed combination for my first trip?
PS

Pandora
#5 Posted : 10/8/2011 5:30:46 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi purple_dye,

Welcome to the Nexus. Fine start for an introduction. Thank you very much. I do not have answers to your questions but I'm confident they will come soon. You're at the right place.

Don't hesitate to take a good look around - there's a lot of neat subforums, including one on ayahuasca and admixtures. The Wiki link in the upper right hand corner of the forum is full of great information too, including various well-written extraction teks.

I wish you a great journey and hope you will feel up to writing a report when it is done.

If you might be willing, I know folks would love to hear if you have much psychedelic experience yet and how that's gone for you.

Again, welcome.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 10/8/2011 6:03:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one.

Big welcome, and your huasca analogue idea seems on point. Everyone is different, and all the materials we have available are not consistent in potency. Starting slow and building up is always a good idea.

2g of rue is probably enough. 3gs of rue is sure to give full MAO inhibition, but that tends not to be the issue. The amount of DMT you need for the "light" is very much a personal thing. You can always add more as needed.

Whatever you do, have respect and pay attention. Do not combine MAOIs with anything you are not 100% sure that they can jibe with. (fasting is not that hard)

Magical blessings on your journey...

Welcome to the Nexus.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

purple_dye
#7 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My psychedelic experiences include:

Mushrooms: ~15 times
LSD: ~20 times
LSA: 2 times
DXM: 200+ times
Salvia: 1 time

I have other experiences with various pharma which I almost regret. Drugs arn't about feeling good. They are about inner exploration.

Im also reading "DMT the spirit molecule" right now about 200 pages in so far. Should be able to finish it up today.

"Tibetan book of the dead" and "inner paths to outer space" are both on their way.
PS

purple_dye
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

double post
PS