We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Waking up Options

semios
#1 Posted : 10/7/2011 5:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings friends,

I've lurked here on and off for a while but it's time to break the ice.

What to say? I'm just a guy trying to move through his time on this planet with humility and grace and to have some small positive impact on the people and systems around me.

At 41 I'm in a kind of personal renaissance, sticking my head and heart back out into the wider world after ten+ years of pretty steady focus on job, family life and child-raising, and graduate school. Now the kid's a teenager, the job seems less important, and I'm re-awakening to the fact that the world has been out there waiting for me!

It was my second year at Burning Man (and first at NW String Summit! Any bluegrass lovers?). I'm happily falling into a circle of new mid-40s friends who speak fluent Sasha Shulgin, and like to dance to jam band bluegrass (anyone else holding Greensky tickets?).

I'm watching the Puget Sound rains fall outside my window and gearing up for the annual fall ritual of wandering in the neighborhood woodchips.

I'm a fairly experienced psychonaut after three decades of occasional ventures into the realms opened by LSD, mushroom, and MDMA, but I treat those experiences with extreme respect and only venture there a few times a year, in the proper set and setting. I'm a fan of opening myself to +1 and still functioning in the world, and always a little terrified before I head for +3 territory a couple of times a year. Ok, "terrified" is an overstatement but those experiences, while deeply valuable, are not always fun and games. The older I get, the more pot doesn't really do it for me and has a creepy paranoid edge. I know my own mind better than ever, and it makes me more selective about the molecules I choose, the dosage, and the setting.

I am absolutely certain that there is a DMT experience in my future, I can feel it out there on the horizon, but it has not yet crossed my path. Maybe this post takes me a little farther in the right direction. I could find a solo path to it in my kitchen, and I also know, for some reason, that I should just be a little more patient and it will find me in a more communal and friendly way.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tele
#2 Posted : 10/7/2011 6:13:50 PM
Explorer

Welcome!Very happy

semios wrote:

I could find a solo path to it in my kitchen, and I also know, for some reason, that I should just be a little more patient and it will find me in a more communal and friendly way.

Lol, more friendly way...
It's best to make your own for many reasons. And make sure you never buy it or sell it.

Hyperspace Fool
#3 Posted : 10/7/2011 6:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome home.

A personal renaissance after making it through the grind of work & family is nothing to shake a stick at.

Lucky enough to have friends who know how to groove and speak Shulgin is no small feat either.

When you are ready for Hyperspace, it will be there. And, you couldn't have come to a better place for advice and encouragement in that department.

Be well semios.

[good bluegrass smokes btw Pleased]
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

semios
#4 Posted : 10/7/2011 6:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks friends. Good to become an active participant here, instead of just a lurker. It does seem like this is one of the most sane, reasonable, and intelligent forums on entheogen use, and I'm grateful for it. I've been looking hard for such a place, and while the other forums are often rich sources of information, TEKs, etc, the tone here is markedly different.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 10/7/2011 7:02:23 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Hi there semios,

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus - Your digital 'home' away from Home. Very happy Glad to see you've turned member from lurker and I hope you find value here. This is a community like no other and I am so thankful it's here.

Looking forward to more from you.

-a1pha

PS Love your avatar. Brought a tear to my eye.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

semios
#6 Posted : 10/7/2011 7:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I took that photo. Maybe I'll see you there next year.

Pandora
#7 Posted : 10/8/2011 7:06:13 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi semios,

Welcome to the Nexus. Very happy. Great to see another person in their 40's here. I first tried DMT at age 41.

I loved your thorough and informative introduction. Thank you very much for sharing.

Please check the links in the upper right hand corner of the Forum. The Wiki is full of great info on DMT including easy teks on how to do it at home (yep, in your kitchen - it's easier than turkey dinner, trust me on this). The chat may be of potential interest to you too.

Glad you decided to sign up. I personally believe the 40's and 50's are great decades to venture deep into the immersive visionary realms, being at or past the half way point of most lives. But, heck, I'm predjudiced. Again, welcome. Hope to see you around.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Vodsel
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 12:56:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Of course I had to read your intro after your post in mine. And even if I'm four years younger, and my daughter is still far from being a teenager, I can afford to lock myself up and dive within since in my case I only get to spend a few days every month with her. But I'm lucky to have a mate now whose curiosity challenges mine at every level, and we barely started discovering the joy of mutual sitting.

I think it's great to be able to look at life from both sides. It's not that important whether we took the years and life events we needed for ripening, or we just swam with the current. In any case, we are here - and I don't know in your case, but in mine everything makes more sense than it ever did before.

I still get nice things from pot, and sadly there's no burning man in my country, but I can easily relate to where you are. And no DMT yet either... but next wednesday I'm most definitely breaking through for good with salvia, and the anticipation reminds me of my last days as a virgin. As long as the outcome is less awkward than first sex was, all will be good.

So kudos to you, I hope you learn and grow a lot here, and I look forward to see you around.

Ice House
#9 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Welcome semios!

I am also a 40 something... well late 40 something living and working in the puget sound area, also a burner, blue grass? hell yea!

I can relate to what you are saying, completely. Your story is very similar to mine and many others here.

Welcome to the nexus, I look forward to hearing more about you.

Ice House
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Infinite I
#10 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:18:35 PM

JC

Is this blue grass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NH-0GtqpYg

Used to stalk this guy, kelly joe phelps, when he came to the UK, not listened to any of this sort of stuff in a while cheers for the reminder of great music! Welcome to the forum, look forward to reading your first time with dmt, I love reading peoples first times the shock the terror the beauty, amazing! Very happy