We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
An extensive quest for questions and answers. Options

embereptilian
#1 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:25:56 AM
Clayton

Hello,
To begin, I had read that posting an introductory post will increase my chances of being permitted to post new topics in various areas of this site. My intentions are always very bright, and I only wish to seek guidance and to help guide others through this life if they have chosen a path similar in aspects to my own.
I have an extreme interest in ethnobotany, shamanism, both bio and organic chemistry, and psychopharmacolgy. In spring I will be leaving Wisconsin to attend college in Arizona, or New Mexico. I have many objectives to complete in my lifetime, some of them still being unknown to me. I will be a voice for the many that are unheard, I simply would like to possibly expand minds, and help the beings who live a familiar life to my own.
Tonight, as I have read, documentation of brewing a form of ayahuasca(although not traditionally ayahuasca) from Anadenanthera peregrina (yopo) and Peganum harmala have been unheard of. I am going to brew this and document how I had brewed this form of ayahuasca and provide a trip summary. Before doing so, I would love to get some advice on making a brew (I have made ayahuasca, it did not turn out the best, I have a hard time making it because I am only able to make it at night because my dad and brothers cannot stand the smell of P. viridis which I think smells like strong tea), nausea expectations I should have, information on experience with 5-HO-DMT(bufotenin), and possibly some advice on how to lessen the amount of 5-HO-DMT in the brew to make it balance a tiny bit better (if even possible) with the other alkaloids.
I will be back on in a little while, please feel free to comment and enlighten me. Have a nice night.

embereptilian
Embereptilian

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 10/9/2011 1:47:21 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi embereptilian,

Welcome to the Nexus. Thank you for sharing an introduction essay. There is no specific equation for promotion to regular membership, no minimum number of posts or time or anything like that. Just post, be honest and give the moderators a chance to know you. Promotion will come. Until then you are free to see all the subforums and the Wiki and other links (upper right of the Forum) will work. You just cannot post outside of the Welcome Area for now.

I do not know the answer to your brew question. I've never heard of an aya admixture using yopo seeds. I'm sure you will see more responses soon.

Have you tried any form of DMT yet? How about other psychedelics? How did it go? What did you think?

I applaud your intention to pursue a college eduction and cannot stress enough how it will benefit you later in life.

Glad you joined up and hope to see you around.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

embereptilian
#3 Posted : 10/9/2011 2:20:45 AM
Clayton

These are the psychedelics I have tried in my lifetime:2c-i,2c-e,Salvinorum A,Psilocbyin/Psilocin(P. cubensis,I will be growing P. azurescens soon and cannot wait for the experience),LSA,LSD,4-HO-MIPT,Harmala alkaloids,Mescaline(along with the other psychoactive alkaloids in San Pedro cacti),DMT(minimal effects),Yopo Snuff(5-HO-DMT,although the seeds I have I believe could be high in 5-MeO-DMT due to the effects I had,but the physical symptoms were the most unpleasant feeling I had ever experience),MDMA,MDA.
I think this covers the psychedelics I have consumed within the past four years.I am eighteen right now.My favorites were LSD-25,psilocybin,mescaline,and yopo if you take out the physical symptoms.
Lsd had me sorting through contradictions for nearly twelve hours.Seeing the extent a person takes one single thought is insane beyond comprehension.During this trip the phrase,"This is what the human mind represses,acid lets you see things as they really are.People only speak because they do not know how to feel." sums up the general content of the experience. It had helped me find comfortability in myself, I would recommend this compound to anyone if they would like to find piece of mind and to sort through and straighten up the mess they feel inside.
Psilocin and Psilocybin had taught me I need to make myself my number one priority,not in a selfish way,but in the most selfless way possible. I had worried to much about everyone else,all the advice I had given throughout the years people had clung to like the meaning of time and space itself. It was almost as if I held all meaning their lives, as they percieved it. I had my views and beliefs,as well as my own personal balance of going through life. I had,for some reason,felt obligated to put these people's needs above my own.I had helped their lives I am sure of that at one period of time, but the ways their lives were not helped,they expected I had a universal meaning or bold statement to make that could show them the whole way.I knew that they would have to find this on there own,but during my trip on four grams of P. cubensis,I had realized it was their time to find that meaning and let go and find my own way.At the time I had a lot of addictions to pharmaceutical drugs,I still have a broken home and questions unanswered(these questions are not as important as the questions inside myself I have yet to answer),and I had enough to deal with myself to begin to help others in the ways they needed.Maybe leaving them with the words I had,had helped them the most in the end.
Mescaline had taught me total focus,a balance of peace and pain within,and a meaning for life.I would say more about mescaline,this honestly was one of the most enjoyable trips I had ever had in my life,but words could never tell everything.I may also add by the time the trip had started dulling down,I had tried to fall asleep.I still do not know if I had fallen asleep or not,but I had seen the world unravel from space and time,starting out so simple and going extremely complex to see if it could bring itself back to a simplistic point of view.We were all a part of this.
Yopo snuff had taught me true beauty and fear,the physical symptoms felt almost like dying,to the point I felt I was going insane.What I had seen was truly amazing,right before I had purged I had seen and felt a place filled with space and absolutely nothing except my own consciousness,I opened my eyes and threw up.I had then proceeded to closing my eyes again and I kept saying to myself,"too much,I should have gone to work today(haha,ironically I knew at the time and had been informed before hand work was cancelled)"Then out of darkness,there was a brilliant multi colored swirl emerging from the depths of myself,more and more had formed and there were illuminating lights everywhere.The visual distortions I had seen with my eyes wide open where colorful geometric patterns that were unlike any other I had seen before,they were static and eccentric jumping out at me almost to my face and I cannot lie they were beautiful but they scared me(not bad enough to the point of not loving it all),my thoughts were so out of sorts by the time it had worn off,my body had felt terrible but I knew I would be alright in time.
College is the only way I will be able to study what I love in a little more peaceful environment,with less controversy,but more in your face criticism which I am happy to endure.I would like to spend a year in a shamanic tribe to learn their ways,the way people are conditioned by this nation disturbs me,it is sad.Seeing so many in pain without full realization brings tears to my eyes sometimes,especially my brothers.Once some of my work is published,I will be able to isolate undiscovered compounds and synthesize new psychedelics and travel the world.I will also be taken more seriously than if I had not gone to college,I would like to bring a voice for people with similar intentions,I only wish to help.My lifetime career I will be persuing questions and answers within.
Embereptilian

embereptilian
#4 Posted : 10/9/2011 2:38:47 AM
Clayton

It is very hard to give a complete description of a psychedelic experience,I really would like to have been able to explain more.For the four I had described,I had written about the most significant personal events I had felt with each of my favorite entheogens.
Embereptilian

Pandora
#5 Posted : 10/9/2011 2:58:26 AM

Got Naloxone?

Very thorough response - thank you. I agree it is hard to describe psychedelic experience. I always encourage folks to constantly work on increasing vocabulary to help with this. I thought you did a great job by the way.

Before anyone is less than diplomatic, please let me suggest a quick editing of your posts to introduce paragraph line breaks - such as appear in my posts. Folks have a minor pet peeve about that formatting issue here.

I was surprised when you mentioned minimal effects for DMT. What form was it in? Did you smoke or eat? If you smoked, what type of pipe, etc? I would like to draw your attention to a pipe called the Glass Vapor Genie. Available online, there are also cheaper versions than the fullblown glass "Sherlock" one. It is the best pipe for vaping DMT
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

embereptilian
#6 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:05:33 AM
Clayton

I actually enjoy enlarging my vocabulary,Aldous Huxley has introduced quite a few words to me that I have never heard before.Thank you very muchVery happy

I was going to do that before,at first I was trying to indent at the start of a new paragraph but had not realized until now that it had not happened.

The N,N-DMT was in it's freebase form,it was not very pure at all.I had made a pipe to vaporize it out of a lightbulb, but had no prior experience in vaporizing.I was wondering what they called pipe's specifically for DMT.I looked up classic DMT pipe,the helix pipe,and a few others on google and I still have not found any that seem specifically for smoking DMT,and that is what I would like.Thank you for mentioning this pipe to me.
Embereptilian

Pandora
#7 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:28:14 AM

Got Naloxone?

Pipes specifically for DMT are called vaporizers imo. Again, I personally (& others here too) recommend the Sherlock model of this:

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

embereptilian
#8 Posted : 10/9/2011 3:37:55 AM
Clayton

Thanks!I will be buying one of these soon,turns out that the N,N-DMT I started extracting a few days ago turned out much better than I had expected!There were barely any crystals visible before and now that it is evaporated I have an unexpected amount.
Embereptilian

embereptilian
#9 Posted : 10/9/2011 4:05:54 AM
Clayton

Do you have any recommendations on psychedelics that could enhance my knowledge,perceptions,and beliefs.I find inner peace in all of these.

I also have a question.Everytime I am able to feel complete traquility,within a few days I still feel myself but with a little added negative tone to the events that take place in everyday life.Is this dampened mood part of the balance,or have I lost sense and location of vibrant illumination?

Have you experience N,N-dipropyltryptamine, also known as DPT or The Light?I am very interested in this compound,but cannot find a source that sells it.It is legal,you would not think it would be difficult to obtain,but I still have not been able to find any.Is there a considerable amount of research done on DPT?I am trying to find a psychedelic substance that has not yet had a well deserved amount of research done on it, after a few years in college I would like to launch a project involving an entheogen.
Embereptilian