We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Finding my place in this strange universe Options

neon_indian
#1 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:17:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aloha friends;

I guess i'll start off with a generic introduction:
My name is Alexis and I am 20 years old. My favorite color is purple and I enjoy long walks on the beach... etc, etc.

My experiences with drugs began early in high school. Unfortunately, back then I got sucked into using some more harmful drugs such as painkillers and other prescription drugs along with cough medicines, cocaine, pressed ecstasy pills and many more on a very regular and dangerous basis.

I eventually realized the counterproductive nature of my lifestyle. This all began after a specific mushroom trip I had by myself. Along with this revelation came my acknowledgement of the lack of spirituality in my life; I had come to the conclusion that a good portion of my life had been spent on autopilot. This is when I began to steer myself away from those substances and indulge in more entheogens and psychedelics.

Sadly, many of my friends at the time continued along their paths, taking anything to get a high. They never fully understood the concept that certain drugs have a higher purpose than for partying. Over time I realized that the worldviews and common interests of these people did not match my own and gradually I obtained closer and more meaningful bonds with people who had a better grasp on reality, kinder intentions and an eagerness to learn from what the earth provides us. With these friends I have embarked on several journeys, both good and bad, to new realms of consciousness.

I believe it's important to surround yourself with friends you can feel comfortable and safe with. No sketchy business. I guess you could say I have a very negative perspective on many of the typical people of my generation. You know, the whole drink smirnoff ice, talk crap about your own friends, drop acid and talk about how you saw unicorns and leprechauns type of people. In ways I still appreciate them for who they are and try to keep in mind the fact that they are capable and (usually) compassionate human beings like everyone else. Yet it's for me to empathize when some people are just on a completely different level of reality.

My favorite things to do are enjoy the company of people I care about, draw intricate designs that pop into my head, surf the global consciousness called the great internet, and explore my mind and the realms and possibilities outside of it.
My history of entheogens and psychedelics consists of LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA, and LSA (in the form of HBW Seeds). Most of my experience has been with LSD and MDMA, although LSD is definitely my drug of choice. I love the bonds it can start between people, the childlike wonder and curiosity it brings, the expanded appreciation and vibes of music, the complex and curious observation of human nature, and the unspoken knowledge it has the potential to reveal to you if you let it.

Some substances of interest that I wish to gain more knowledge on and eventually try for myself are peyote, ayahuasca, DMT (although I have tried this once, I did not have full blown effects as I wished), and any other natural psychoactives. I am extremely interested in medicines of the earth and their potentials; including all types of plants and herbal remedies with any positive benefits, but don't have nearly as much knowledge on the subjects as a wish to have. In my free time I often research the basics of my drugs of interest and have acquired a wide horizon of the basic information I need to keep myself and my friends informed and safe; I always research a drug before I take it and encourage everyone to do the same. My favorite website is erowid.

I strongly believe that the most important part of going on a trip is bringing the mindsets, knowledge and love back into your everyday, sober life. I try my hardest to maintain that empathy, grounded-ness, and I guess you could say whimsical attitude. Although sometimes it's easier said than done. I love to spread my knowledge and and express my perspective on harmful drugs vs. natural or mind expanding psychoactives. I think some people think i'm a little too passionate about it but those are usually people whose main objective is to get messed up all the time or people who believe any drug is bad unless prescribed by a doctor (I wont even start about that one).

I look forward to joining everyone here in the quest for knowledge and hope to give and receive alot of it here. This is the first forum website thing I have ever joined; people here seem to be much more down to earth and much less judgemental and ignorant than on many other forums and I highly respect that.

Thanks for readingWink Happy travels... and don't for get to OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE
Spread the love
-Alexis

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

qz
#2 Posted : 9/23/2011 2:56:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, albeit virtually. I'm glad to see you've found a more meaningful path. Your friends are still young, and every one's journey comes at a different time, but hopefully with you there to guide them as you see fit, they'll walk down your path too.

Godspeed,
qz

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 10/4/2011 10:13:18 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome new member from your intro i am assuming you are in Hawaii. which is the place to be, i was there for about 8 months but now i am back on the mainland.

Its is nice to have you here, it sounds like you have a great attitude, and you really want to take control of your life, and put it in the right direction. Do you have any trip reports you would like to share?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

The Chr0nn01553ur
#4 Posted : 10/4/2011 10:30:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You sound like a enlivening spirit. I enjoyed your post, and relate to it in many ways.
Life is art.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily merrily...............

NOTE: 'The Chr0nn01553ur' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE DMT-NEXUS.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

Awakened
#5 Posted : 10/4/2011 11:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Alexis, what a great introduction!
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Purges
#6 Posted : 10/6/2011 12:51:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus friend, I relate to your story very much, I think many of us trod a similar path before reaching this point - it is all a valuable lesson, this is how I see it any how.

*Purges' 3rd eye winks knowingly*
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

hypoluxa79
#7 Posted : 10/7/2011 11:09:36 PM

Ian

We are all here for a reason...you are on the right track and among some very supportive people...much love

"Here we are, here we go, U.F.O..." - Keith Richards

universecannon
#8 Posted : 10/7/2011 11:57:03 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

great intro alexis! that sounds like a familiar tail

speaking of tails..what do you have against lsd unicorns?!? there not all that bad once you get to know them! Wink

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Pandora
#9 Posted : 10/8/2011 12:19:13 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Aloha Alexis,

Welcome to the Nexus! Erowid ain't bad at all but I hope this will become your new fave. Very happy

I found your intro essay to be exceptional. Very well written, comprehensive and a deep sharing. Thank you very much. Your path is pure inspiration.

Be sure to check the links in the upper right hand corner of the Forum. The wiki is full of well researched gems including extraction teks and lots of info about DMT in general. The chat room is a lot of fun too.

Looking forward to seeing you around. Again welcome.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU