We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cross tolerance between different methods? Options

Geines
#1 Posted : 10/5/2011 10:12:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there cross tolerance between the different methods, vaping, changa, and pharmahuasca? Is it possible to do them all with about 1 or 2 hours inbetween sessions without losing the effect? Is there any precautions that should be taken?

Using dmt freebase I was thinking:
(prepare changa)
vape 50mg using the sandwich method (haven't got the machine)
~1hr or so later take 2g of harmala seeds, 30mins later take 1g of h.seeds, 30mins take 100mg dmt
1hr or 2hr when that wears off smoke 25mg dmt infused in one bowl of b.caapi leaves

Is that too much magic in one day, or are the doses too high for a dmt beginner? (with other enthogens on my first try I started with a medium to high doses, never looked back).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Geines
#2 Posted : 10/5/2011 11:48:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After having my first experience I know now the answer, to everything Smile (not literally)
Though no one posted an answer, I still got it. Thank you.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/5/2011 12:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

DMT does not create any tolerance, in whichever form you take, at least in physical terms. So you could take an oral dosage in the morning, then again at night, and you definitely wont feel less later at night (maybe even more, considering some alkaloids might still be lingering around). With vaporizing also, you could keep launching over and over.

With that being said, while there is no physical tolerance, quite a few people who use DMT repeatedly over a certain regular period of time feel that after a while they dont get something good/positive/constructive/beautiful out of it anymore. It's as if hyperspace has a natural regulatory process that tells people when it's time to take a break. Take a look at this FAQ entry: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._experiences_anymore_.3F

Just listen to yourself regarding frequency of use, try to be reasonable, knowing that 'how much is too much' will depend on several contextual factors that nobody can really say for you. Just make sure your "normal" life isnt being forgotten, that you are trying to be healthy, are still fulfilling your responsibilities and are present and helpful for those around you

As for dosages, your dosages seem, at first sight, more or less ok. A properly vaporized DMT dosage is around 20-30mg IME, but this is hard, if not impossible, to succeed with the sandwhich method. With that method, 50mg is more likely the dosage you'll need. Use as little herbs as possible, and go easy on the lighter, inhale slowly and hold the smoke as long as possible. Go for second/third/fourth hit if possible (if you are looking for a breakthrough).

I wouldnt wait sooo long between the harmala and the dmt. Maybe taking half around 30-40mins before dmt and the other half together with the dmt could be good... But then again there seems to be no consensus whether to take dmt and harmalas together or harmalas before, or some harmalas before and some together. 3g peganum harmala is ok dosage. Are you going to make a tea? Maybe research into extracting it in the future, its easier on the body IME.

100mg oral dmt is a good dosage for some people, too much for some people, and too little for others. Maybe start rather with max 75mg for th first time, until you know your own metabolism ? You can always vap some dmt on top of the oral dosage if you dont get where you want (as was your plan it seems).

I dont think that will wear off in 1 hour only, maybe more like 2-5 depending on your personal metabolism. If you still feel like vapping some 25mg dmt, I dont see why not, just dont force yourself if you dont feel its right

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 10/5/2011 12:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I can pretty much go on until I'm tired when it comes to harmala based trips, so tolerence is not what I concern myself with.

All I'd say is, if you want to experience all 3 different effects in one session smoke freebase first, then changa, then get on with your pharma / aha or whatever.

Harmaloids colour the DMT experience completely.

Geines
#5 Posted : 10/5/2011 3:31:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for your wisdom endlessness and soulfood.

I vaped successfully in one hit and broke through. So no problems there.
I would like to ask, what is dmt freebase supposed to taste like? Mines a yellow power and tastes strong and metallic/chemically. I'm not sure I want to try pharmahuasca now. I need reassurance that it's ok to consume.
My changa is drying as we speak.

This trial certainly wouldn't become a daily or weekly custom, nor disrupt my daily life.

Global
#6 Posted : 10/5/2011 4:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Geines wrote:
Thank you both for your wisdom endlessness and soulfood.

I vaped successfully in one hit and broke through. So no problems there.
I would like to ask, what is dmt freebase supposed to taste like? Mines a yellow power and tastes strong and metallic/chemically. I'm not sure I want to try pharmahuasca now. I need reassurance that it's ok to consume.
My changa is drying as we speak.

This trial certainly wouldn't become a daily or weekly custom, nor disrupt my daily life.

What tek did you use for extraction? It's really sort of hard to describe the taste, especially because if different colors supposedly don't range in potency, they certainly taste different to me. Some people describe the taste like mothballs, others say plastic or rubber or "new shoes". I've seldom heard it described as flowery. Also what are you using for vaporization?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Geines
#7 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:23:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pretty much the lazymans/norman tek. When I say I tasted it I meant literally, I licked some powder. Just to clear up any confusion.
Lol why would someone taste their mothballs or new shows?

soulfood
#8 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:37:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

DMT has a strong bitter taste that will burn if left in contact long enough.

You really don't want to be tasting it really. It will taste awful if you inhale it after it burns, but if vaped correctly, it will be almost flavourless, maybe mildly sweet.

To consume DMT orally, do not consume freebase.

Convert it by dissolving in vinegar or some other food grade acidic liquid ie. Orange juice.

Freebase DMT doesn't dissolve all that well without first being converted to a salt.

Geines
#9 Posted : 10/5/2011 5:54:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@ soulfood - Oranges it is then. Thank you.

Global
#10 Posted : 10/5/2011 7:56:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Geines wrote:
Pretty much the lazymans/norman tek. When I say I tasted it I meant literally, I licked some powder. Just to clear up any confusion.
Lol why would someone taste their mothballs or new shows?

I'd imagine that people aren't tasting their mothballs or new shoes, but the sense of taste is closely tied with the sense of smell, and the smell of DMT vapor can smell like mothballs or new shoes and consequently doesn't taste all that much different than it smells. If you licked the powder I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted like chemicals, as it is after all just that. I took DMT sublingually once and it certainly didn't taste pleasant in the slightest and I think it was kind of metallic tasting anyway come to think of it. I naturally assumed you were talking about the taste of the vapor.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Geines
#11 Posted : 10/5/2011 9:32:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad my product turned out normal then, as I wasn't sure.
One thing on taste and smell, I once tried to mix up some flavors for food for lunch. It smelled great and mixed it with the food, but as soon as I tasted it the joy diminished. It wasn't nice at all. Sad lol

Global
#12 Posted : 10/5/2011 11:03:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's true, but DMT isn't a heterogenous mixture like a sandwich.

Caravel
#13 Posted : 10/6/2011 8:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Geines wrote:
Is that too much magic in one day, or are the doses too high for a dmt beginner?

not sure if a too much exists but if your are very new i suggest that you start with small doses and work your way up - large doses do have a definate surprise effect
"Oh Dinah. It’s just a rabbit with a waistcoat... and a watch?!"

endlessness
#14 Posted : 10/6/2011 9:09:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Geines wrote:
I need reassurance that it's ok to consume.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._my_spice_ok_to_smoke.3F