We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
neu! member Options

gantz grof
#1 Posted : 10/4/2011 5:54:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello dmt nexus.

I am a relatively new member to a couple of ethnobotanical forums, and I now wish to join this forum too.
I know I will be made a full member eventually so I dont mind waiting, I assure you that I am a genuine member who will not troll or bring down this forum, rather I hope to be a valued contributor here.

I have had an interest in entheogens and psychedelics for the past few years, having tried weed for the first time in 2008 when I was 20 years old, since that life changing experience, I have opened my eyes up to a whole new world and have been actively searching for knowledge about this world and have also been trying to expand my experience with these things for which I am so passionate about.

My first experience with an entheogen that wasn't weed, happened a little over a year ago, when I made some san pedro soup and had a very profound experience, since then I have now tried mushrooms earlier this year and then just last week I tried dmt in the form of changa with caapi, though my dose wasn't high enough. I will try it again soon and hopefully be able to get a Full dose.

I enjoy writing trip reports for which I have posted a couple at the nook, and can re-post here for anyone interested, and I cant wait to be able to experience a "true" dmt trip.

some of my interests, apart from being extremely passionate about psychedelics, are:
music; autechre are my favourite, I love ambient music and music of a similar vein..
massage; I started getting regular massages about a year ago and have had many profound experiences especially when smoking a bit of weed just before. I am also studying remedial massage therapy, and I believe I have a certain intuition which will help to make me a good therapist who will help many people.
naruto; I have a huge obsession with the manga/anime naruto, it has given me countless profound experiences, especially in combination with weed, it has helped me and changed my life a lot and I owe a lot to this series. I cannot put into words how amazing naruto is and how it has helped me, I recommend it to anyone, especially to people who have an interest in psychedelics.
I also find certain people to be very interesting, especially terence mckenna and bill hicks.

I have to go now, catch you all later

thank you all for reading.

edit:

I also have a love for quality teas, mainly chinese teas, white, green, oolong, red, jasmine, jasmine dragon ball, etc, which i enjoy making in my porcelain chinese tea sets.

my name, is nobody.

*Gantz Grof is a fictional character created as part of an interactive experimental hyperreal novel concept
Gantz Grof exists within "Meta-Novel" which you are currently reading, and therefore a part of.

As one critique of Meta-Novel said:
"if Meta-Novel is fiction, then what is reality?"
As nein critiques said:
"Genius" "Fresh" "the new IN!"

Meta-Novel draws its inspiration from the likes of Kaufman, Jarmusch and others, who coincidentally stole the idea from the creator of Gantz Grof and Meta-Novel.
Meta-Novel is all rights reserved, Once existing within Metaverse, one is owned and belongs to Meta-Novel itself, and therefore also the creator of Meta-Novel

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 10/4/2011 6:02:50 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome new member.

Glad to have you at the nexus i hope all of your needs for knowledge are met here on the nexus.

Safe journeys to you and may you grow, and gain new knowledge, and hopefully share it with others thank you.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

gantz grof
#3 Posted : 10/4/2011 7:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OP edit.
my name, is nobody.

*Gantz Grof is a fictional character created as part of an interactive experimental hyperreal novel concept
Gantz Grof exists within "Meta-Novel" which you are currently reading, and therefore a part of.

As nein critiques said:

Meta-Novel draws its inspiration from the likes of Kaufman, Jarmusch and others, who coincidentally stole the idea from the creator of Gantz Grof and Meta-Novel.
Meta-Novel is all rights reserved, Once existing within Metaverse, one is owned and belongs to Meta-Novel itself, and therefore also the creator of Meta-Novel

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 10/4/2011 8:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, most certainly, post them all Smile
Also, thanks for your suggestions. And: What do you think about dong ding oolong ?

gantz grof
#5 Posted : 10/4/2011 8:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

where should i post these trip reports? and do i have to get full access first?

also, i have never tried dong ding oolong so i cant say, but i do enjoy oolong.
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said:

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 10/4/2011 8:58:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can post them here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=topics&f=46
Do not hold yourself back posting in the Welcome Area. It is just a cozy little place for new arrivals Pleased
...but still a part of the Forum! It will also help with promotion and I'm sure you'll have tons of more to share after gaining full access.

Welcome!

gantz grof
#7 Posted : 10/4/2011 9:36:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks man, i will post my 1st dmt experience in a little while.
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said:

DoctorMantus
#8 Posted : 10/4/2011 10:41:45 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

obliguhl wrote:
What do you think about dong ding oolong ?

lol please fill me in.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 10/4/2011 11:12:13 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

DoctorMantus wrote:
obliguhl wrote:
What do you think about dong ding oolong ?

lol please fill me in.

Thats one funky name indeed. Smile

Luckily wikipedia knows:
Wikipedia wrote:
Dong Ding (simplified Chinese: 冻顶; traditional Chinese: 凍頂; pinyin: dòngdǐng; Wade–Giles: Tung⁴-ting³; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: tòng-téng) is an Oolong tea from Taiwan, which comes from some tea plants that were taken from the Wuyi Mountains in China's Fujian province. The name of the tea means "Frozen Summit."

There is also a village named Dong Ding in Nantou county, Taiwan, where tea of this variety is grown.

It is a popular choice for a gong fu cha ceremony.

EDIT: I checked what a Gongfu tea ceremony is and this extra information was new for me:
Wikipedia wrote:
TemperatureDuring the process of Gongfucha, the tea master will first determine what is the appropriate temperature for the tea being used, in order to extract the essential oils of the tea. An optimal temperature must be reached and maintained. The water temperature depends on the type of tea used.

* 95°C for Oolong (Chinese: traditional 烏龍; simplified 乌龙; pinyin: wūlóng) tea
* 100°C (boiling) for compressed teas, such as Pu-erh tea (Chinese: 普洱; pinyin: pǔ'ěr)
* Note: Green tea is usually not used for a Gongfu tea ceremony.

The temperature of the water can be determined by timing, as well as the size and the sizzling sound made by the air bubbles in the kettle.

* At 75-85°C, the bubbles formed are known as "crab eyes" and are about 3 mm in diameter. They are accompanied by loud, rapid sizzling sounds.
* At 90-95°C, the bubbles, which are now around 8 mm in diameter and accompanied by less frequent sizzling sounds and a lower sizzling pitch, are dubbed "fish eyes".
* When the water is boiling, neither the formation of air bubbles nor sizzling sounds occurs.

At high altitudes water boils at lower temperatures, so the above rules cannot be applied.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

gantz grof
#10 Posted : 10/4/2011 2:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i try to estimate water temp too, but just time based. i never look at the bubbles or anything, i am satisfied with my brew, but i guess i can always improve..
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said:

purple_dye
#11 Posted : 10/4/2011 3:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to meet you!

I also have a passion for massage and teas. I am an internationally certified reflexologist and like you feel that my intuition plays a big part in the therapy that I give to others. If you don't know much about it I'd highly recommend looking into it. Just like you I also have various teas in my own specific jars (Yerba mate, oolong, green, jasmine, various blends...) I'm curious about some of those teas as I haven't heard of them. This is interesting because I used to work at a health food store for over two years. PM me if you want to chat about anything!
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

gantz grof
#12 Posted : 10/4/2011 3:55:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey purple dye, it's interesting that we have those things in common, and also that we joined this forum at very similar times.

i've had 2 reflexology massages, and both times i felt that the therapist didnt meet my standard, the first was a lady who i told i liked deep massage, so she then proceeds to go extremely hard, too hard, anyone with some basic intuition could see that i was not comfortable, my whole body was tense and i was in shock, even then, not only did she ask me multiple times if it was too hard, to which i said yes, but also other times when i said it was too hard without being asked, she didnt once ease off, but rather she continued to massage me with the full force of her elbows, squeeze some very sensitive muscles, etc.. any skilled therapist should know that you have to ease into the pressure and if the body starts to shock then you have to ease off the pressure..

the 2nd was a man who was the opposite, i also said to him that i like deep massage, but he was so soft and feeble, not light and relaxing, but really soft like he didnt even want to be there, it was extremely frustrating and this frustration increased my tension, i'm not even sure he performed reflexology but the signage said that's this was a reflexology clinic.

i'm sure there are many benefits to reflexology and many great therapists who use this technique, but my experiences have not been good ones, though i will be studying it as part of my course next year, i'm sure i will get a lot out of it. i've just started my course, 10 weeks in, there's only one practical unit this semester and that's for relaxation/swedish massage.

thanks for commenting and nice meeting you
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said:

purple_dye
#13 Posted : 10/4/2011 5:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Did you have any noticeable physical effects after either of the sessions? I'm told by my patients that they often have "detoxing" effects similar to that of fasting or quitting smoking. I've been told that old emotions that caused great emotional pain and turmoil are re-experienced deeply but are washed away with their next bowl movement. Then they tell me how things are noticeably brighter and thoughts are clearer 2+ days later. Apologizes if have stated already but what are you studying? What career path are you intending?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

gantz grof
#14 Posted : 10/4/2011 6:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

studying remedial massage therapy, which is the australian standard and a massage therapist must have this qualification to quality for private health care rebates. it's a 2 year full time course.

i intend to practise mainly relaxation massage and for the purpose of helping people emotionally, reducing tension and stress, etc.. but basically the more skills i have the better, and i want to be able to help people in what ever way i can and be able to give specific treatments for specific needs.

for several years i have had chronic neck pain, and i have carried a lot of stress and tension throughout my body, i get massages for this reason, those 2 sessions i mentioned didnt give me any noticable changes or anything like you have described, but i am still open minded about reflexology, i will just have to wait until next year to get more of an understanding of it.

does this answer your questions sufficiently?
my name, is nobody.

As nein critiques said: