We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"You are me, and I am you..." Options

Unfold
#1 Posted : 9/27/2011 6:38:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"... I'll always be with you" - Shpongle

The words you read come from a band I listen to EVERY time I journey into hyperspace. If you haven't heard of Shpongle already, I implore you to look them up, this band has truly changed my life.

Enough advertising Razz

Hello, my name is Ken or Unfold. You may call me whichever pleases you Smile

As of this post I am 19 years old and currently study Chemistry. My dream, after receiving the sacred sacrament, is to go on to study dmt at a scientific level and somehow spread positive vibes through the scientific community about this absolutely awe inspiring chemical, without coming off as some sort of loon Razz . I have always wanted to be a chemist, ever since the second grade when I mixed food coloring in test tubes and added some baking soda and vinegar and watched the proceeding reaction.

Another quick fact is that I used to be Catholic. For fifteen years of my life I went to church every Sunday.

Years ago I lost faith because I saw what kind of atrocities having unquestionable faith could bring upon. Needless to say, I felt something missing, something apart of me died the day I renounced my religion. All I had after that was my mind and body, my spirit was no where to be found. This was before I was introduced to spice.

I did spice a couple of times, sub-breakthrough if you will. Recently however, a combined dose of oral dmt (pharmahuasca) and smoked dmt broke me through the concept of reality and what it was to be. There I met several absolutely beautiful entities that seemed to be almost exploding into cosmic waves that sent PURE LOVE through me. It was a presence I haven't felt since my Faith in God was with me. My spirit was returned to me.

This is why I posted that shpongle quote. I feel that Dmt reveals to me my inner god, inner love, and inner peace. I am him, he is me, and he will always be with me <3

I am very excited to be apart of this community. Peace and love be with all of you <3

P.S: Even after receiving my spirit back into my body by these graceful and loving entities, I still feel immense anxiety before taking the spice into my body. The blast off scares the living hell out of me.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 9/27/2011 9:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

greetings Unfold, welcome to the nexus!

It's nice to hear you are looking into psychedelic research. Do you have any particular area of interest within this that you would like to pursue? I think it's very difficult to breach the topic of psychedelics in the scientific world because of the stigma that comes with it, and I would think in natural sciences it's even more difficult than in say psychology or related fields.

I recently read in someone elses post that "more scientists should do psychedelics" and that it would somehow help them come to better conclusions. Being a scientist myself I can't really say that it has helped me understand quantum physics better, nor biochemistry, nor the tedious things I do in my job every day... I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if perhaps it just doesn't really work that way... Personally I think psychedelics are very beneficial, just not in a quantifiable manner, as in "bringing results" or the likes. Hence psychedelic research will be difficult to conduct, as soon as one steers away from the purely biological and chemical aspects of it.

But I suppose this is a challenge well worth approaching.

In any case I wish you the best!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Not I but We
#3 Posted : 9/27/2011 9:55:55 PM

Guy

Indeed shpongle is the boss! My favorite as well! If you live anywhere near NY or LA Shpongle is playing with a full lie band next month! Usually Simon Posford just played a DJs (which is of course amazing) but to see the songs performed with life cello, violines, singers, dancers, drums, all of it... will take things to a whole other level!

Other music thats along the lines of shpongle and you will probably enjoy:

Shulman
Bluetech
Hallucinogen (simon posford from shpongle playing psytrance!)
younger brother (simon's band!)

Welcome to the Nexus, and enjoy! Smile

P.S.
I love the lyrics from Shpongle: "When shall I be free? When I shall cease to be. No more I but we, in perfect harmony" I find this to speak about the ego... I will be free once the ego ceases to be. you are not your ego, but your ego is part of you... no more I but we....

love it!
The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

http://galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

"When shall I be free? When I shall cease to be.
No more I but we, in perfect harmony" - Shpongle

Unfold
#4 Posted : 9/28/2011 5:06:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not I but We wrote:
Indeed shpongle is the boss! My favorite as well! If you live anywhere near NY or LA Shpongle is playing with a full lie band next month! Usually Simon Posford just played a DJs (which is of course amazing) but to see the songs performed with life cello, violines, singers, dancers, drums, all of it... will take things to a whole other level!

Shulman
Bluetech
younger brother (simon's band!)

Welcome to the Nexus, and enjoy! Smile

P.S.
I love the lyrics from Shpongle: "When shall I be free? When I shall cease to be. No more I but we, in perfect harmony" I find this to speak about the ego... I will be free once the ego ceases to be. you are not your ego, but your ego is part of you... no more I but we....

love it!

I will definitely check out the bands you referred me too, i'm particularly interested in Hallucinogen, simon preforming psytrance? What could be better than that!!! Smile

Divine Moments of Truth

Enoon wrote:
greetings Unfold, welcome to the nexus!

It's nice to hear you are looking into psychedelic research. Do you have any particular area of interest within this that you would like to pursue? I think it's very difficult to breach the topic of psychedelics in the scientific world because of the stigma that comes with it, and I would think in natural sciences it's even more difficult than in say psychology or related fields.

I recently read in someone elses post that "more scientists should do psychedelics" and that it would somehow help them come to better conclusions. Being a scientist myself I can't really say that it has helped me understand quantum physics better, nor biochemistry, nor the tedious things I do in my job every day... I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if perhaps it just doesn't really work that way... Personally I think psychedelics are very beneficial, just not in a quantifiable manner, as in "bringing results" or the likes. Hence psychedelic research will be difficult to conduct, as soon as one steers away from the purely biological and chemical aspects of it.

But I suppose this is a challenge well worth approaching.

In any case I wish you the best!

I am still studying chemistry in school as of now, Im not too sure which area of it I would like to pursue yet. Its funny you mention quantum physics, I have looked into to that area a lot after having done spice.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 9/28/2011 5:55:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Unfold wrote:
I feel that Dmt reveals to me my inner god, inner love, and inner peace. I am him, he is me, and he will always be with me <3

I am very excited to be apart of this community. Peace and love be with all of you <3

He is you and you are him and you have always been with him as he has always been with you...

welcome

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Enoon
#6 Posted : 9/28/2011 3:19:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Unfold wrote:
Its funny you mention quantum physics, I have looked into to that area a lot after having done spice.

I can see why, but the physics behind it, the math behind it don't become any more clear to me after taking dmt. I know it's *fun* to think about the mysteries of our world, and certainly we can gain some creativity from opening up to the weirdness of dmt, but the logic, the methodology, the structure of science to me does not get influenced by psychedelic experiences.
Of course one could argue that experiencing psychedelics can lead to a better understanding of what the nature and what the limits of science are; what a fact is and what a model is, etc. It seems like a lot of scientists that understood and emphasised this point were the ones that also had some kind of relation to psychedelics. In the end though I feel that I have gained more from psychedelics in other areas than in my understanding of science, and I would not advertise it as a means to make scientists better.

the other way however I feel is very interesting - applying science to psychedelics. The main question is how. What is it that we want to know about these psychedelics that science can give us adequate answers for? And do these answers have any relevant consequences concerning the experience?
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Unfold
#7 Posted : 9/28/2011 8:16:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
Unfold wrote:
Its funny you mention quantum physics, I have looked into to that area a lot after having done spice.

the other way however I feel is very interesting - applying science to psychedelics. The main question is how. What is it that we want to know about these psychedelics that science can give us adequate answers for? And do these answers have any relevant consequences concerning the experience?

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. After reading a bit more about the theories and the math associated with quantum physics and consciousness. There is just no real way to quantify consciousness.

However, this is still a topic I will lay in bed at night pondering Twisted Evil

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:23:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfold wrote:
Years ago I lost faith because I saw what kind of atrocities having unquestionable faith could bring upon. Needless to say, I felt something missing, something apart of me died the day I renounced my religion.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."

-Voltair

Good call on renouncing religion. It's tough, but ultimately will free your Spirit and expand your sense of potential. You say a part of you died when you renounced your religion. Perhaps it was part of your ego, considering that beliefs are the glue that holds together the false-self of the ego. IME the more you connect with Spirit, the more whole you will start to feel.

Welcome to the community!Very happy

Biskotso
#9 Posted : 10/2/2011 10:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

May all the beings in all the worlds be happy and at peace.
All information sought on this website is on behalf of a friend. The use of "I" is only to enable ease of communication.

beil
#10 Posted : 10/3/2011 10:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to add to the 'must do' music list mentioned above... There is one particular track by Jean Michel Jarre from the 'Waiting for Cousteau' album funnily enough titled 'Waiting for Cousteau' which runs for 46 mins in duration. It is not 'music' as such more a weft of evolutionary blissful sounds that intertwine, and transport you to another world... This has the most amazing effect when on a sub-threshold DMT trip. Highly recommended!

Peace and love
"I thrive best hermit style... with a beard and a pipe and a parrot on each side..." Bjork

slowryder
#11 Posted : 10/3/2011 9:05:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Shulman
Bluetech

Nice, look forward to checking these guys out along with "waiting for Cousteau" by Jean Michael Jarre. All nu 2 me!
Welcome aboard Unfold!

pau
#12 Posted : 10/4/2011 1:15:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another audiocosmological take on "You are me, and I am you ... "

Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me

-P. Floyd, Echoes (1970) ....The high pitched electronic 'screams', resembling a distorted seagull song, were discovered by Gilmour when the cables were accidentally reversed to his wah pedal.... this is exactly what happens in Ghostbusters when they "crossed the streams" ... just sayin'....
WHOA!

dmtk2852
#13 Posted : 10/4/2011 1:39:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pau wrote:
Another audiocosmological take on "You are me, and I am you ... "

Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me

-P. Floyd, Echoes (1970) ....The high pitched electronic 'screams', resembling a distorted seagull song, were discovered by Gilmour when the cables were accidentally reversed to his wah pedal.... this is exactly what happens in Ghostbusters when they "crossed the streams" ... just sayin'....

Weird, I was about to post something similar to this referencing that song. It's a good one to breakthrough on too, just make sure you don't hit the middle part where it starts getting all weird.