We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
By way of mathematics and Advaita Options

EmptyHand
#1 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:46:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello All,

I've benefited from the wisdom and experience here so I decided to abandon my guest status for participant. I have long-standing interest in nondual philosophies, especially Advaita Vedanta, and have only recently and reluctantly come to consider entheogens after finally reaching a critical level of frustration with respect to spiritual development.

By training and profession I am a mathematician and I'm also interested in understanding in what way, if any, mathematics can contribute to and gain from the entheogenic experience.

Finally, I've recently become enamored of the internal martial arts, especially Tai Chi, as another path to the Big Peaceful Emptiness.

I look forward to our discussions!

eH

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

slowryder
#2 Posted : 10/3/2011 8:27:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi EmptyHand, welcome aboard! Unfortunately, my key areas of interest differ somewhat from yrs. I know little of Hinduism + the Vedanta, nor have I advanced too far beyond using my fingers to count or getting confused when sums feature letters +not numbers!
Having said this, I reckon you've found the right place! Like yrself i've spent time researching + looking around before participating + many of the psychonauts here seem to have a very diverse bunch of interests; entheogens obviously being the common denominator. I rem finding Ralph Abraham, the mathmatician on DMT: The Spirit Molecule interesting. Though will have to watch again to see why as saw it a while back + i've forgotten what it is he talks aboutRolling eyes