We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pipe malfunction/disapproving yield? Options

60cc.oz
#1 Posted : 12/10/2008 6:32:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM went swimmin, hit a coral bed, got stung by some sort of poisonous entheogen and dove right into a hypnotrip coma. During this state, he dreamt and stumbled upon a disapproving pipe that would not let him return.

anyway, looks like this: http://img152.imageshack...?image=1209082357ju8.jpg
a standard stb teknique was followed (30g MHRB, 30g lye 400ml water, 50ml naphtha)
Yields appeared just fantasticto the dreamer. Put it in the pipe and proceeded. Wouldn't you know it? It started melting away and continued procedure.

*COUGH**COUGH***sneeze(?)*..ahem

Hmm, nothing happened. 45mg appeared after evap but nope, nothing. Perhaps much was just lye? HEELP, SWIM'er has no amonia for recrystal atm

edit) now considering a jungle extract but quite confused. What is understood is that a STB tek can be followed with using xylene/touluene as the nonpolar solvent. Or is it freeze precipitated in naphtha and then evaporated in xylene? Confused

could not find enough info on tan waxes; follow fasa?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 12/10/2008 7:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I don't follow this post at all... could SWIY state the problem in clearer terms?

60cc.oz
#3 Posted : 12/10/2008 8:01:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm well after extraction and crystals formed one assumed that there would be actives, but after lighting the basepipe and smoke cleared through, expectations grew high.. brick-wall. Assumes it was more so of just lye in the precipitate? Not really sure what went wrong. Went through this process abut 3 times now(3x eachPull).

Dishing the old ways out and in with the new. Reading on FASA&Jungle spice..
Would like to pull a tan wax out of the arse but not quite sure how its obtained; from the FASA method?(Put on to be quite acknowledged by community) Also:
Quote:
A. Do an A/B or an STB on some plant material using any other teks that can be found around. In the case one chooses to do A/B no defatting of the acidic solution is really necessary.

B. Make the first pull using xylene/toluene. After the layers have separated, withdraw the xylene/toluene.

C. Add FASA dropwise in the xylene/toluene pull. One cannot add too much FASA. On the contrary, it is advised to add more FASA than necessary, just in case. Immediately clouds of precipitation will form. This is DMT-fumarate.

Does this mean that FASA will substitute the lye solution or STB using lye/xylene?

Entropymancer
#4 Posted : 12/11/2008 2:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

How did SWIY recover the spice? It's virtually impossible that the material you obtained had much lye, and it certainly wasn't entirely lye. Since it was white, there's little it could have been besides spice. If SWIY freeze-precipped, it's virtually certain it was spice.

The biggest reason for people having misfires on their first attempts to smoke the spice is improper smoking technique (too much heat, destroying the spice instead of vaporizing). Also, some people probably naturally require a larger dosage.

Quote:
SWIM'er has no amonia for recrystal atm

Ammonia for recrystallizing??? I don't follow. You recrystallize with heptane ideally, or naphtha less ideally.

Quote:
now considering a jungle extract but quite confused. What is understood is that a STB tek can be followed with using xylene/touluene as the nonpolar solvent.

This is correct, xylene or toluene will pull the additional alkaloid(s)

Quote:
Or is it freeze precipitated in naphtha and then evaporated in xylene?

Evaporated in xylene? I don't understand.

Quote:
Would like to pull a tan wax out of the arse but not quite sure how its obtained

As far as I know, there is no way to control which "jungle spice" material you end up with. The binary solvent mix of ether and heptane sounds like the most likely to isolate the tan material, but most SWIMmers don't have access to diethyl ether (and it can be dangerous if it's old, or handled by someone not taking reasonable safety precautions)

All other methods of pulling jungle spice will pull whatever material they pull, it could be red, tan, or a mix.

I still am not sure I understand your FASA question:
60cc.oz wrote:

Quote:
A. Do an A/B or an STB on some plant material using any other teks that can be found around. In the case one chooses to do A/B no defatting of the acidic solution is really necessary.

B. Make the first pull using xylene/toluene. After the layers have separated, withdraw the xylene/toluene.

C. Add FASA dropwise in the xylene/toluene pull. One cannot add too much FASA. On the contrary, it is advised to add more FASA than necessary, just in case. Immediately clouds of precipitation will form. This is DMT-fumarate.

Does this mean that FASA will substitute the lye solution or STB using lye/xylene?

FASA is added after doing a normal extraction (STB or A/B) ith xylene as the solvent. Once you have the xylene containing jungle spice, FASA is added dropwise to precipitate these alkaloids out (along with DMT)

lowjackal
#5 Posted : 12/12/2008 4:08:13 AM

PuddinTane

I for one, guess I'm not "HIP" with your lingo. I understood some of the 2nd post and being rather new to this, thought your picture of your precipitate wasnt too shabby. It could have been a little closer and clearer. SWIM knows lye and that my friend wasnt lye. Now your pipe looked like a standard run of the mill baby weed bong and dmt being more similar to speed, than it is like weed, SWIM says he can see why you put the xtals in the bowl and they melted straight through. Did you have a medium in the bongs bowl like brillo or even ashes? Or did you just throw it on the screen (assuming it was a screen in the bowl) and melt away???

If you did the latter and you still need someone to point out the error in this technique, feel free to ask. I on the other hand have'nt they stripes on the dmt belt to lace your boots up right yet. On the other hand SWIM's methbelt is lookin like batman's utility belt when it comes to yesterdays clanlab stripes. So most of this simple A/B and STB all originated over at the hive from the bees defeating pill denaturants. Although the FASA is something SWIM has yet to see or dive into learning about. So I'm gonna go do dat dare!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote