We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mold on stored in refrigerator brew of ACRB Options

lessless
#1 Posted : 10/2/2011 10:13:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Subj. What should i do?
And also there is a SR brew in another cup w/o mold, which was put in freezer simultaneous is it safe?
ACRB brew mold phone photo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 10/2/2011 10:21:56 PM

I would throw the moldy brew out, and be very very careful with the frozen one. Mold is real bad for ya!

Global
#3 Posted : 10/2/2011 11:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Yeah, you just gotta throw that away. It's always best to drink the brew only up to a few days after brewing to reduce chance of mold.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

lessless
#4 Posted : 10/3/2011 9:22:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, thanks to both of you and today i noticed mold on sr brew tooSad

justine
#5 Posted : 10/3/2011 11:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

By the way do you think that reducing your brew to less than 10cl per dose and adding 1cl of 90°/180-proof alcohol to avoid mold formation would be safe (considering alcohol
shouldn't be taken with harmalas but since it's not that much...) ? Of course I'm assuming caapi/syrian rue brew/extracts are consumed alongside.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Global
#6 Posted : 10/3/2011 4:36:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

justine wrote:
By the way do you think that reducing your brew to less than 10cl per dose and adding 1cl of 90°/180-proof alcohol to avoid mold formation would be safe (considering alcohol
shouldn't be taken with harmalas but since it's not that much...) ? Of course I'm assuming caapi/syrian rue brew/extracts are consumed alongside.

Not sure, but I would just consume the brew within a few days after making it, so you don't have to worry about such issues. Consuming fungus in your brew could be most unpleasant/unhealthy.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

jamie
#7 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:06:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

how are you getting mold? even after months I have never had mold in a brew..are you brewing with acids?..how reduced is it?
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#8 Posted : 10/3/2011 7:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if that was directed at me or the OP, but I've never gotten mold in a brew, but one time I saved the bark and it got moldy pretty quickly. I just like to err on the side of caution.

Purges
#9 Posted : 4/3/2012 1:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:

Old thread I know, but you got me thinking. I store harissa with a thin layer of oil over the top, this keeps it fresh and mould free for years. this should work with any teas as well so long as the container is sterile before adding the tea. the oil would create an airtight seal and be totally safe to drink as well - maybe even good for you! Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3