We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'm new hehe. Options

Igel
#1 Posted : 9/29/2011 5:21:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Nexus,

Well, I'm the new kid on the block so to speak.

DMT Nexus looks like it has a serious attitude towards psychoactive drugs. Personally, I think stimulants and marijuana are pointless drugs for recreational use. I see weed as something that gives a pointless empty high. I mean, what's the point? You just get happy and/or dopey, at least in my experience. Stimulants can seriously mess with your brain (with the exception of ADHD where amphetamines are helpful) and since intelligence is something I value, I choose to stay away.

As with psychedelic drugs, I think they can be useful for the mind and for the most part, are easily metabolized. Since DMT is produced naturally in the brain and the trips only last minutes, I have to come to see it as a "smart" drug. DMT is released during sleep and studies suggest that it is what causes us to dream. Logically, DMT trips are not so much drug induced states, but more so our minds own creation enabled by the DMT. But, that's just my two cents and I cannot speak from experience, although I should be able to after Wednesday. On Wednesday I'm going to (hopefully) experience my first DMT trip. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Igel.

p.s. I hope I didn't sound like a nob.

p.p.s Igel is German for hedgehog hehe.
Everything I post is just an elaborate lead up to an April fools prank. We're gonna get him sooo good!!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/29/2011 6:54:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well..to be honest DMT is a drug just like other psychoactives are drugs..it is also not proven yet to be produced in the brain..but it is present in the brain..it had been found to be produced in the lungs and heart. Just because something is a "drug" does not mean it is a bad thing, as is the case with DMT.. lots of drugs are great IMO. Not all stimulants are bad either..caffine and nicotine for instance can be used as smart drugs and people like Johnothan Ott actually believe them to be useful as a sort of "brain excersise" along with psychedelics like DMT and LSD..if you use them in a non-addictive mannor occasionally they are both useful.

In reguards to cannabis just making people happy.. whats wrong with being happy? I use it here and there and I find it a useful plant..I dont use it daily becasue for me that is pointless..but others find daily use useful.

There is nothing wrong with "drugs"..taking drugs is part of being human and it is a very healthy thing. The idea that DMT cant be a drug becasue it exists within the brain is a result of residing in a western paradigm that sheds a sort of taboo on the topic of drugs. We think "drugs" and something bad or wrong/dangerous etc comes to mind..which is not really what the reality of the situation necessarily is.

Not all psychedelics are easily metabolized either..some of them can kill you quite easily. The "natural" or organic compounds found in plants like psilocin, DMT and mescaline etc are quite benign though..although mescaline can feel sort of hard on the system at times..

I agree that both DMT/ayahuasca and psilocin etc are extremely safe and non-toxic and good for the brain though..just wanted to point out that the whole drug thing is not so black and white.

Welcome to the nexus!

Long live the unwoke.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 9/29/2011 8:23:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hallo,
Fractal already spelled it out very eloquently. There is not much for me to add. I just want too add more weight to his words. I would not try to be so caught up in categories. Just do what you do and keep your mind open at all times. There are a lot of things we just silently accept without thinking about them. Good luck with your firt experience. You have my blessings, not because i think i have the right to tell you that DMT is a "good drug", but because you've already made up your mind...

Quote:
p.s. I hope I didn't sound like a nob.

Doesn't matter....Smile

zelazny
#4 Posted : 9/29/2011 8:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. I'm also very new around here Smile

In addition to what fractal enchantment said, I'd like to point out that cannabis has more potential than to just make you feel good, sativa-dominant strains in particular. It changes the way you think, and many people find that it's very effective in enhancing creativity. I also feel cannabis is very meditative, and allows me deep pondering and understanding of different things.

Also, I don't think the claim that amphetamines "mess the brain up" is a reasonable one. Amphetamine is helpful to "normal" people in the same way it is for people with ADHD - it enhances their mental capabilities and helps them get shit done. Paul Erdos, one of the brightest mathematicians of the 20th century, used amphetamines to help with his work. After winning a bet with a friend who bet him he couldn't stop using for a month, Erdos said that the world of math had been set back by a month as a result. Sure, it's possible to abuse amphetamines, but that is the case with most things in life, and does not mean they are inherently harmful or useless.

rjb
#5 Posted : 9/29/2011 9:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Igel,

First of all, a warm welcome is in place on my part. So, welcome!

I can agree with the stimulants being not so good for the body in the long run, but then again, any substance in abuse can have serious side effects. Same thing happens with cannabis. For me, for example, its usage has switched from using it as a stress relief method to using it to treat my headaches (I had severe headaches every once in a while), and to improve my creativity in terms of everyday work. I also find my general state of body and mind almost always balanced. I can think clearly and in more depth. I can only find that healthy, because in turn that helps me take better every day decisions, by allowing me to see things on a larger scale, and helps me have a neutral position on things, by "planting" questions into my head. If you find ways to put it at work, it can be a real helpful aid. If for example I drink one night a little more than I should, the next day I'm 110% sure to have a headache and a pretty tense mood in the morning. But then I chase it away with a little bud. It's interesting how things work out heh? Smile
The truth...lies within.

Igel
#6 Posted : 9/30/2011 1:38:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I guess I'm putting my own bias and spin on things while not being completely clear. I know how everyone reacts differently to drugs, with cannabis mostly. I have a friend who thought he was speaking Chinese for half an hour and was screaming about ghosts and witches. People who get addicted and ruin their lives with it give it a bad wrap too, especially when they used to be friends. I get that a lot of people can benefit from it though, I just find that it when it makes me feel good it's a really superficial and empty feeling. Half the time I don't even get that, instead just get dopey and confused. I think it's safe to say that I enjoy the stress-free days after than the actual high itself. As with stimulants and basically all drugs, things are fine in moderation. When I was talking about stimulants messing with brains and stuff, I was talking about serotonin specifically. I know that you shouldn't take MDMA too often or it can do permanent to serotonin receptors or something. Either way, permanent damage just gives me the willies. I'm not keen on badly damaging my memory or anything in my brain.
Everything I post is just an elaborate lead up to an April fools prank. We're gonna get him sooo good!!!

Igel
#7 Posted : 9/30/2011 1:59:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ohhh, now i see why I caused such a rumble. When I said "I think stimulants and marijuana are pointless drugs for recreational use" I meant that they are fairly pointless to use recreationally, but are good when used for some other purpose. I was NOT trying to limit marijuana and stimulants to recreational use.

tigerstrike92
#8 Posted : 9/30/2011 4:55:02 AM

Homo-divinorum

Quote:
I meant that they are fairly pointless to use recreationally

I am slightly confused by this. Do you feel certain drugs are better to use recreationally?

I have always been slightly turned off by grouping drugs with that term. I really don't think recreationally/spiritually are what we should be asking, rather it should be are they using it responsibly.

Caffiene is probably my favorite drug, as it is so useful in many everyday situations. Cannabis being a close second, because it too can open up the world for me to see more in depth. However, I only indulge in both of them 2-3 times a week, otherwise they lose their magic.

Everything has it's place, and to each their own.

Sorry if it seems like you're getting the third degree right off the bat here Igel, but we just like to make sure our members are well informed. Wink

Welcome to the Nexus!
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Igel
#9 Posted : 9/30/2011 5:50:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I completely agree with you tigerstrike92 about using drugs responsibly. I hate it when I read on the internet about people on the internet saying how they "need" psychedelics for spiritual reasons and whatnot. I think the lack of responsibility is the reason why so many drugs are illegal. Marijuana would have no problem getting legalised if we lived in a perfect world where everyone had the common sense to use it right, but there are always idiots who would combine getting really baked with heavy machinery. This is where I actually agree with certain drug laws, if they save a single life it is worth it. I just choose to be a hypocrite because I know I'm responsible enough.

I have no problem with people who wish to try any drug, I just hate to see people abuse them constantly or get addicted. The saddest thing about addiction is when the drug begins to rule the persons life. Once it sets it, the addiction isn't a drug habit - but more so a disease that needs treatment.

mrwiggle
#10 Posted : 9/30/2011 7:50:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im a drug your a drug, pineapple is a drug frogs are drugs birds are on drugs, plants are on drugs geese are on drugs averything is a drug and everyone is on drugs!.... plus my comment is musical. so you have to sing it, and its true at that...i think re-creation is fun...but dont use drugs for that (how?)
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

DoctorMantus
#11 Posted : 9/30/2011 8:16:18 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I am not trying to argue but IMO Cannabis is not just something that makes you silly. It also has lots of medical benefits to people who have any kind of pains, most common back, helps with appetite, and sleep but of course these are the obvious ones. Medicinal Cannabis has been found to slow down breast cancer growth. To me i see this plant as being a beneficial plant to have, maybe not on all occasions, it all comes down to preference i say that a lot but if cannabis is not your thing than its not, and good for you because there probably negatives to smoking cannabis but a lot positives IMO. Smile

Good luck on your first journey be safe, and pay ATTENTION Pleased
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

christian
#12 Posted : 9/30/2011 9:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, Igel.

I believe that most "drugs", especially the natural ones can have positive benefit for people and society, if they are used with intelligence. Most of the problems are due to recklessness, and not the fault of the drug itself. Unlike ancient cultures that respect natural remedies and use rituals, western people tend to have an "anything goes" philosophy , without the context of a ritual. Sure, disrespect a mind altering compound, and you disrespect yourself!

-Cannabis has so many varieties with such differing effects, that it would be silly to simply say that it makes one feel dopey and sleepy. Amphetamines, Heroin, Cocaine, Scopolamine, Ketamine, Dxm, etc are all used in medicine, etc. If these drugs were bad for people, then they would not be used. Like i said, there is a time and a place for such "medicines", and they can be beneficial to health if used wisely.Wink

"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

tigerstrike92
#13 Posted : 9/30/2011 7:44:41 PM

Homo-divinorum

Quote:
I think the lack of responsibility is the reason why so many drugs are illegal.

I am in 100% agreement with this statement Igel. The majority of the worlds population, now places a very low amount of responsibility on the individual. But alas, therein lies the conundrum.

Ugh.... stupid people ruin everything. Laughing
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Igel
#14 Posted : 10/3/2011 1:02:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Too many irresponsible clowns...

Also to those who support cannabis, it's probably cheeky cannaboid receptors in my brain mucking about. Sometimes I don't even feel the high, I just get the munchies and forgetful.