We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ecstasy trial planned to test benefits for trauma victims Options

Awakened
#1 Posted : 10/1/2011 6:52:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At last some sense!

http://www.guardian.co.u...asy-trial-ptsd-sufferers

I already know the benefits for this and now for DMT!
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 10/2/2011 5:24:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It makes a lot of sense, especially to me. I used it heavily for years and it did help me work through some childhood trauma. Thanks for the post. Pleased

ataraxia
#3 Posted : 10/2/2011 8:09:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see more mainstream interest but as Dr Nutt says in the last line of the article, its going to be a long uphill slog!

Interesting Dioxippus. Did you use it specifically to work on the trauma, or was it a side-effect of partying? Any negative aspects from heavy use?

In retrospect I have gained some insight into myself and it has subtly changed the way I interact with people. I used it regularly, recreationaly, for some time, 1-2 times a year now.
"If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room"

Super Radical
#4 Posted : 10/2/2011 2:07:10 PM

Poop Giggle

I've read this and it was what made me actually want to give mdma a chance. I've got some severe depression and anxiety issues, especially with my flight vs fight response because of childhood trauma. I get to try it for the first time this Tuesday at a concert.

There are some things.

Global
#5 Posted : 10/2/2011 2:42:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I understand that used in a therapy setting it can be therapeutic, but I feel compelled to point out that ecstasy brought about a rather long and deep depression for my brother. He ended up going to a psychiatrist where he was given prescriptions, but ultimately it was a magical acid trip that I administered that was able to knock him out of the hole in his life.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Awakened
#6 Posted : 10/2/2011 3:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I understand that used in a therapy setting it can be therapeutic.

Yes, I would also struggle to see the drug being used in a party setting would be a depression solver. Overuse, I feel, can lead to depression. While a "safer" drug than many, it is not that clean on the come down.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Global
#7 Posted : 10/2/2011 3:43:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Awakened wrote:
Global wrote:
I understand that used in a therapy setting it can be therapeutic.

Yes, I would also struggle to see the drug being used in a party setting would be a depression solver. Overuse, I feel, can lead to depression. While a "safer" drug than many, it is not that clean on the come down.

I've only taken ecstasy a handful of times and the comedowns were always horrific. The first time I took ecstasy, the next day I was irrationally sad. I couldn't figure out why. I had no reason in my mind to be sad. I was walking outside and just started crying out of no where...for no reason...other than a chemically induced depression.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

longshot
#8 Posted : 10/2/2011 4:56:53 PM

Enrique

Global wrote:
I understand that used in a therapy setting it can be therapeutic, but I feel compelled to point out that ecstasy brought about a rather long and deep depression for my brother. He ended up going to a psychiatrist where he was given prescriptions, but ultimately it was a magical acid trip that I administered that was able to knock him out of the hole in his life.

If i may ask, what was the hole in his life?
What is learned cannot be unlearned.
DMT

Each life is a soliton of its own complexity.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ataraxia wrote:
Interesting Dioxippus. Did you use it specifically to work on the trauma, or was it a side-effect of partying? Any negative aspects from heavy use?

Like most young people, I used it in a partying context. It was a quick fix for my depression, and the stimulant side of it helped to delay chronic migraines that I was having as well. So I didn't use it responsibly, and there were negative side effects. I would gain some relief initially, but when I came down, things were much worse. I became addicted to it and had a hard time letting it go. I lost a lot of weight from overuse. I can't touch it at all anymore, because I still don't trust myself using it just once in a while.

All that said, after some time of using it, I did gain therapeutic benefit, without even looking for it. It made me accept some things about myself and start to deal openly with things that happened to me as a child. Used in a therapeutic setting, with the right intentions, it has huge potential for healing.

Global
#10 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:27:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

longshot wrote:
Global wrote:

If i may ask, what was the hole in his life?

He had an extremely poor self-image, lack of confidence and general lack of a sense of importance in practically anything. Acid helped to show that there is an order and beauty in even the smallest things.