We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Location preventing breakthrough? Options

TimePantry
#1 Posted : 9/26/2011 7:31:53 PM

It's a field.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever noticed a particular location seeming to prevent breakthrough?

I'm particularly interested in comparing urban infrastructure with its attendant EMF radiation, cellphone towers, etc. with rural settings, desert islands, mountaintops and the like.

I have an inkling that there may be certain factors in cities than can physiologically affect the ability to trip, at least for some people.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 9/26/2011 7:46:00 PM

I did my most extensive and deepest work while living downtown somewhere.

It only affects you if you let it.

Try the woods, try the mountains, try your bedroom, try anywhere you want that is comfortable and wise. You will find your way.

tele
#3 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:09:53 PM
Explorer

I don't think it can prevent breakthrough, but it definately can effect what you feel/see in the other dimension, for good or bad.

You are the breakthrough.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I,m a full advocate of all natural settings .
Even there I move around til I find the.perfect spot .
I find a cleaner more direct connection in nature .
I try to find the biggest rock I can . this seems to provide the
Best grounding. Personally I find houses and man made stuff
A downer and a total distraction . Everyone has they,re method ,
We work with what we have. For me nature is an unbiased unjudgemental
Backdrop .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

tele
#5 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:27:37 PM
Explorer

Felnik wrote:
I,m a full advocate of all natural settings .
Even there I move around til I find the.perfect spot .
I find a cleaner more direct connection in nature .
I try to find the biggest rock I can . this seems to provide the
Best grounding. Personally I find houses and man made stuff
A downer and a total distraction . Everyone has they,re method ,
We work with what we have. For me nature is an unbiased unjudgemental
Backdrop .

Can you tell in what part of the world do you live and in what kind of forest do you like to do DMT?
It's obviously nice in nature but it's not possible for everyone and especially when it's cold outside.

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:03:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't get distracted.
If your appartment is noisy, it is not good place for deep work.

TimePantry
#7 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:34:41 PM

It's a field.

Okay, is there anyone else who must be around someone else's television in the next room being on 24/7?
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

Felnik
#8 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I,m in northeast I do it all conditions , in winters I make a fire .
I tend to think no matter where you are there is a
forgotten place to be found
Where no one goes. Obviously not always easy I get that .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

۩
#9 Posted : 9/26/2011 10:42:21 PM

TimePantry wrote:
Okay, is there anyone else who must be around someone else's television in the next room being on 24/7?

There are things you can do to improvise a proper setting in the semi-comforts of your own home.

You could invest in some really nice headphones, like the beyerdynamic DT770, and listen to ambient music like crystal bowls / didgeridoos or whatever you like.

You can have fans running if you don't mind the white noise they generate. I use fans in my room to block out the noise of the town and it works well. Something I've been doing since I was a kid so I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. Probably not the best thing for hyperspace but it IS an idea.

You could also have some music playing. If you have a subwoofer you can play some really nice hemi sync recordings or something.

Another option is waiting for them to go to bed so you can enjoy the silence. Trying to trip on someone elses schedule is not exactly ideal, though.

You could run some water... It gets loud, but it's quite amazing listening to water as you are on the other side.

Options....experiment....

tele
#10 Posted : 9/26/2011 11:08:00 PM
Explorer

Night time is best time to vape IMO. Because it's the most quiet time.

TimePantry
#11 Posted : 9/26/2011 11:09:16 PM

It's a field.

۩ wrote:

Another option is waiting for them to go to bed so you can enjoy the silence. Trying to trip on someone elses schedule is not exactly ideal, though.

Hah, I wish... she doesn't go to bed. She lays on top of it, and NEVER turns the TV off. Aargh. I have got to find a more peaceful place to dwell...

Felnik, you are indeed right about that. There are always little corners tucked away here in this major urban area where nature proceeds untrammelled, even if it's only a square foot behind a chainlink fence and under a freeway overpass. I cherish these places as tiny, plucky connections to the REAL world. It's a little harder to actually occupy them, but it does help to know they're there. I always greet the foletti if I can feel them there, poor brave things.

tele
#12 Posted : 9/26/2011 11:12:23 PM
Explorer

TimePantry wrote:
۩ wrote:

Hah, I wish... she doesn't go to bed. She lays on top of it, and NEVER turns the TV off. Aargh. I have got to find a more peaceful place to dwell...

You can always wish to get a new peaceful place (or to get rid of the TV-she)Wink

As someone once said: be careful what you wish for because you'll get it.

But in this case I don't think carefulness is importantWink

Peace to you

smokerx
#13 Posted : 9/26/2011 11:48:32 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

TimePantry wrote:

move move move
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

nen888
#14 Posted : 9/27/2011 4:14:24 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..yeah, the wrong housemates, or the wrong sexual partner, can render breakthrough more impotent..
TV on in the background? forget it..!

TimePantry
#15 Posted : 9/30/2011 8:21:11 AM

It's a field.

... heh heh heh heh heh ...

got myself a universal remote real cheap at the flea market yesterday... heh heh heh heh heh!