We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pre flight anxiety. Options

MerryPrankster
#1 Posted : 9/28/2011 5:35:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, to give a quick background; I've been interested in / taken psychedelics for the past three years, but have only gotten into DMT in the past six months or so. I've taken low doses of LSD a few times and I've grown and eaten shrooms for two summers now. At first, tripping was just a fun thing to do on the weekends occasionally; but as I researched more and started to do more work with mushrooms, I started to see the whole psychedelic experience as something sacred, rather than just a high. I've done a bit of reading on DMT, and read a couple of experience reports, and it seemed like something I should get into.

So a few months ago, I ordered some MHRB and did a STB extraction. The first extraction went almost perfectly, rendering perfect white crystals. The second extraction was a bit of a disaster. I spilled my jar of naphtha when removing the second pull from bottle. The worst thing was, my first pull was in the jar as well AND I'd used most of the 250g bag of MHRB. Either way, I had a pile of white crystal and some naphtha I managed to save, plus a third pull. Woo!

The first few attempts were doing the "herb sandwich" thing using weed and smoking eyeballed amounts of crystal. I did this three times the first night. It was intense and enjoyable, but there was a lot of stress and the MJ we used was really harsh, so I felt like I was choking for most of the time. My partner smoked twice and the second time broke through, but vomited. She took a massive rip and held it for ages and ages, then coughed on it halfway through exhaling then didn't stop coughing until she lost the contents of her stomach. This scared me a little bit, but she had an excellent experience. She said she was told emphatically not to come back for a while, but she really enjoyed it.

A week or so later, I smoked again at a friend's house. This time, I used damiana in the herb sandwich and it was a lot better. My friend and I sat down and we talked for a while before I smoked. I felt really relaxed and at ease. This time the experience was better. I was really calm, the smoke was smooth and soothing. I took on board what was happening and felt amazing afterwards. It was a very positive experience. This is the last time I smoked DMT, about four months ago.

Since then a lot of real life stuff has happened. I've moved, started studying and am in a much better frame of mind than I was in previously. I'm on a two week break from my studies and everyone in the house has left for a week or so; so I have a good opportunity. Before I moved, I infused all the crystal I had into some damiana leaf, so I won't have to worry about the herb sandwich thing. I've started reading a book called "aya: a shamanic odyssey" by Rak Razzam and it's been making me really keen to smoke, but the pre flight jitters still exist.

It comes down to this: I have a large bong, and that may make it hard for me to take deep lungfulls of DMT smoke. The last time I smoked, I used a smaller bong and it was much better. I have a little pipe, but I think the smoke may be too harsh. I am also a little nervous about the intensity of the experience and being able to let it happen around me and not fight it.

How do I overcome these pre flight jitters? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for reading
Apply layers to reality, things only you can see. Add a beat to normality, to tap the core of insanity.
Satisfaction is the death of desire.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 9/28/2011 6:25:37 AM

Going from sober to hyperspace is startling to say the least.

When I intend on smoking DMT, these days I will usually take LSD first, and about 6 hours after that I will drink ~30-50g of ayahuasca with no DMT
and when this starts kicking in, I am feeling so good and so psychedelic that the thought of crossing over into hyperspace isn't as daunting as it would seem if I was sober.
Finding a synergistic algorithm that leads up to your departure might be something to test.

Also, you would be surprised how much something as simple as exercise/dancing/stretching/yoga and then simply sitting and breathing (meditation) prior to administration will greatly effect your ability to relax and feel comfortable in such a state. This, as well as having a comfortable setting, are things I would be focusing on, and I encourage you to experiment.

McCoyBoy
#3 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:03:33 AM

enthusiast

Quote:
you would be surprised how much something as simple as exercise/dancing/stretching/yoga and then simply sitting and breathing (meditation) prior to administration will greatly effect your ability to relax and feel comfortable in such a state.
agreed, I pack my spice in my pipe, set it down and meditate until I am ready to blast off. Any anxiety after you blast off can be lowered by humming deep and long, getting vibrations from the throat, it feels quite amazing.
as above, so below

tele
#4 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:19:14 AM
Explorer

۩ wrote:

When I intend on smoking DMT, these days I will usually take LSD first, and about 6 hours after that I will drink ~30-50g of ayahuasca with no DMT
and when this starts kicking in, I am feeling so good and so psychedelic that the thought of crossing over into hyperspace isn't as daunting as it would seem if I was sober.
Finding a synergistic algorithm that leads up to your departure might be something to test.

Whoa, that's quite a technique you've got there!

Personally, I find the best way to reduce any possible anxiety is just to smoke 10-15mg first, after that I'm feeling "excited" to smoke more and load 20-27mg to the genie.
Sublingual 20-30mg caapi is also a good idea to get relaxed.
I also don't blast off if I don't feel pretty much neutral in my body, that is, no raised heartbeat or any other nervous sensations.
Personally I think it's not really a problem(pre anxiety), but more like a natural reaction from the body before it goes through a "dimension change". Therefore I really don't give it that much attention. Pre dose of 10-15mg I have found to be the best way.

Mt.B
#5 Posted : 9/28/2011 11:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I go out into the wilderness, sit quietly for as long as it takes to feel like I'm in the right frame of mind then focus on my heart and when I feel my centre warm, relaxed and open I attempt to vapourise.
If I don't lift off, I'm in an awesome setting (for me) to enjoy the visuals and the feelings a sub breakthrough dose gives me.
Mt.B is fictitious, thus so are all the posts by them.

Andyman135
#6 Posted : 9/28/2011 12:59:45 PM
Andrew

tele wrote:
Personally, I find the best way to reduce any possible anxiety is just to smoke 10-15mg first, after that I'm feeling "excited" to smoke more and load 20-27mg to the genie.

I thought there was a very small window (like 1 minute) once you started smoking, before you can have any more? Is this just a myth?

tele
#7 Posted : 9/28/2011 4:59:34 PM
Explorer

Andyman135 wrote:

I thought there was a very small window (like 1 minute) once you started smoking, before you can have any more? Is this just a myth?

I mean I finish the 10-15mg and then load more, after the effects of the first dose are gone.

If you want another hit from the same dosage, I guess it's recommended to smoke it within 1-2 minutes. However I take the full dose in one hit to avoid hassling around being "half there".

universecannon
#8 Posted : 9/28/2011 6:20:47 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

۩ wrote:

Also, you would be surprised how much something as simple as exercise/dancing/stretching/yoga and then simply sitting and breathing (meditation) prior to administration will greatly effect your ability to relax and feel comfortable in such a state. This, as well as having a comfortable setting, are things I would be focusing on, and I encourage you to experiment.

yeah things like this really help for me. meditation beforehand is usually a must

and as others said..low doses after meditation/yoga are also a great way to help dissolve some of that anxiety before taking the plunge

and moar caapi!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Andyman135
#9 Posted : 9/28/2011 6:28:13 PM
Andrew

tele wrote:
I mean I finish the 10-15mg and then load more, after the effects of the first dose are gone.

That would mean using more mg per "breakthrough-capable-dose". What I'm trying to say, is if someone's goal is to breakthrough (I suppose they would need 30mg+ as a minimum dose), then this method would "waste" (obviously not wasting but in this context it could be perceived as this) an extra 10-15mg beforehand for the sole purpose of mental preperation.

MerryPrankster
#10 Posted : 9/28/2011 7:06:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"sole purpose of mental preparation". This is basically what I'm going for. I am not in the right mental state to plunge from baseline to a breakthrough dose. I think a small dose and then a larger one after the first is done is a good idea.

Thanks for your assistance also, House. You've got a lot of wisdom to share.
Apply layers to reality, things only you can see. Add a beat to normality, to tap the core of insanity.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 9/28/2011 9:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I would just come back to it later when it feels right. Thats just me. I have noticed a distinct change for the better in my voyages since I have adopted this policy.

If I have to force myself to relax or take another substance in order to use DMT then its not the right time.

I agree with ۩ with regards to LSD. I would not however take LSD just so I could be mentally prepared to do DMT.

Put it down and come back when your mind says - GIVE IT TO ME BABY!!!!!!!!Twisted Evil
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tele
#12 Posted : 9/28/2011 10:17:45 PM
Explorer

Andyman135 wrote:
tele wrote:

That would mean using more mg per "breakthrough-capable-dose". What I'm trying to say, is if someone's goal is to breakthrough (I suppose they would need 30mg+ as a minimum dose), then this method would "waste" (obviously not wasting but in this context it could be perceived as this) an extra 10-15mg beforehand for the sole purpose of mental preperation.

Breakthrough dose is over 23mg for me.

Breakthrough is not the only purpose of smoking DMT. Lower dose such as 10 or 15 mg is not only for preparation, but also for the purpose of going "mildly" into the DMT space and seeing and feeling the effect of it in a milder fashion. From a GVG 15 mg in one hit can have quite a surprising effect.

Before I used to load breakthrough dose of about 25mg for the first dose.

However these days I would say I like to "warm up" or swim in the shallow water before going deeper. It's not only to reduce anxiety, as generally I don't see it as a big issue.

(Caapi 20-30mg sublingually, first 15mg, then 20-30mg is the trick for me.)

SpartanII
#13 Posted : 9/28/2011 11:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too struggle with preflight anxiety so I can relate.

I see many of you recommending Cappi before smoking DMT, but isn't it the Cappi in aya that makes you vomit? I'm still learning so I could be wrong, but I'm interested in taking cappi as I hear it adds "the missing pieces" to the DMT experience but I don't want to be getting sick every time.

MerryPrankster
#14 Posted : 9/29/2011 2:28:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been planning to smoke DMT the next time I eat mushrooms. I think just as I start getting the mushroom vibe, when it's in that slightly uncomfortable / almost tripping state I will smoke a small amount, then build up as the mushrooms come on stronger. I think the two together will potentiate the other and relax me a little. This is my plan, anyway. I already go through pretty heavy mental prep before I eat mushrooms, so I think this will help.

House is right, going from baseline to DMT is a big jump. I think this will narrow the gap and make everything awesome.

tele
#15 Posted : 9/29/2011 12:58:27 PM
Explorer

MerryPrankster wrote:

House is right, going from baseline to DMT is a big jump. I think this will narrow the gap and make everything awesome.

Also Ice house is right.
I still find a first mild dose to be the best preparation...

^^About the caapi. If you take 20-30mg sublingually, there's no nausea and the effects with vaped D are perfect. Check it out

SpartanII
#16 Posted : 9/29/2011 1:22:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:

^^About the caapi. If you take 20-30mg sublingually, there's no nausea and the effects with vaped D are perfect. Check it out

Oh I will. I'm going to order some as soon as I find a good vendor.

Digi123
#17 Posted : 9/29/2011 4:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 for small doses first and build it up. I like to have a nice supply of changa, some decent music, incense, sit and smoke a small one or two, maybe chat about what happened with my friend who's usually there and then start fillin bigger pipes Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

MerryPrankster
#18 Posted : 9/30/2011 7:16:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree that taking a substance just to get me in the right place for DMT is not a good idea. I do believe that DMT and mushrooms will synergise perfectly and allow me to dispense with any discomfort associated with either. I have figured out my plan of attack! Tomorrow afternoon, a couple of friends and I are going to eat some mushrooms. They're freshly grown, so I will eat about 35g. As I begin coming up, I will smoke a small amount of DMT, to get a taste, then as the trip starts setting in, when I usually feel a little uncomfortable, I will blast off and leave all of my anxiety behind! It's going to be excellent.

I know it will happen this way because if that's the way I believe it will happen, it's what my brain will do and everything will work accordingly! I am looking forward to visiting hyperspace. Thanks for everyone's advice, I find it invaluable.

tele
#19 Posted : 9/30/2011 9:53:38 AM
Explorer

MerryPrankster wrote:
I agree that taking a substance just to get me in the right place for DMT is not a good idea. I do believe that DMT and mushrooms will synergise perfectly and allow me to dispense with any discomfort associated with either. I have figured out my plan of attack! Tomorrow afternoon, a couple of friends and I are going to eat some mushrooms. They're freshly grown, so I will eat about 35g. As I begin coming up, I will smoke a small amount of DMT, to get a taste, then as the trip starts setting in, when I usually feel a little uncomfortable, I will blast off and leave all of my anxiety behind! It's going to be excellent.

I know it will happen this way because if that's the way I believe it will happen, it's what my brain will do and everything will work accordingly! I am looking forward to visiting hyperspace. Thanks for everyone's advice, I find it invaluable.

35g mushrooms is already enough to get most people into hyperspace!

I really don't understand, first you say "
I agree that taking a substance just to get me in the right place for DMT is not a good idea"
But then you talk about high dose mushroom trip prior to blasting off?

Trust me, it's gonna be much more intense, could be so intense that you will not touch DMT ever again.

I still recommend just smoking 10mg first, not mushrooms, not lsd or anything else to prepare you. Because there is nothing that can prepare you for it. And after you smoke it, you might even think, why was I so anxious before smoking?

I seriously don't recommend high dose mushroom trip plus DMT if you are unexperienced with the D. I find it a bad way to remove pre-flight anxiety for a novice with DMT, it really could intensify the trip so much you don't want to do DMT ever again.

Digi123
#20 Posted : 9/30/2011 10:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
I still recommend just smoking 10mg first, not mushrooms, not lsd or anything else to prepare you. Because there is nothing that can prepare you for it. And after you smoke it, you might even think, why was I so anxious before smoking?

I get this every time. Sitting there, so nervous, smoke a small one, why was I nervous!? Load a bigger one! Razz
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

12NEXT