We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Joining a Community ~ Thank You Options

most.fungi
#1 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:26:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Everyone,

This is a place for an Introduction Essay. I do not know that this post will meet the full criteria. However, I would like to introduce myself briefly and say hello to everyone.

Life is such an amazing exploration of all that can be, and by the time anything is, it passes into was. One of my favorite poems is the "Dry Salvages" by T.S. Eliot's. Here are a few lines that speak to me:

At the moment which is not of action or inaction
You can receive this: 'on whatever sphere of being
The mind of a man may be intent
At the time of death'-that is the one action
(And the time of death is every moment)
Which shall fructify in the lives of others:
And do not think of the fruit of action.
Fare forward.

This is meaningful for me because it agrees that life is a continual series of deaths. It also implies that these deaths need not be the focus of life. It is not a song of lament, but a call for hope. "Fare foward" - look not back but towards the future.

My father has an expression that applies then this philosophy to life: - "Always do the next right thing."

Fare Forward.

None of us may know why we are given the life we lead. But there is no time, for "the time of death is every moment," to question it. "If I look back, I am lost" - (via George R.R. Martin).

My own experiences have brought me to this world with a loving family and to a wife and life halfway across the world away from this family. My experiences have brought me to the vine of the souls in the Amazon with the Shuar, and to the Catholic church in a dominantly Taoist/Buddhist culture. I try to be grateful for every moment of my life, but wish I could be more grateful, more patient, and more loving.

For whatever reason, too, my life has led me to this forum and to other sources of information like this online. This forum seems a true community of beings. Much more than words and much removed from the push and pull of the advertisements of modern society.

I look forward to learning from this community and all the others in which I am involved. May we all fare bravely forward!

In love,

most.fungi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 9/26/2011 1:21:38 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome new member,

The nexus is happy to have you, i hope that you have come with positive intentions, and vibes, because that is all you will find here.

My only questions are what do you wish to gain from the nexus?
And any psychedelic background, any experiences you would like to share?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
β€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

RayOfLight
#3 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great post. Working to fully appreciate 'the now' is something I've been working on for a while. life is but an opportunity to appreciate it and live it fully in each moment. In the garden of life we must learn to pull the weeds while at the same time appreciate the flowers.

Welcome home brother. <3
β€Ž"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

most.fungi

Most cool name. I dig your poem and live your philosophy. Fare Forward indeed.

Welcome home.

Free your mind and your funky ass will follow.
(the kingdom of heaven is within)
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

plexusnexus
#5 Posted : 9/27/2011 1:21:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Share your psychedelic experiences, insights and preferences here... you'll find this crowd smart, helpful and pretty lighthearted.

Welcome.

β€”plex
"I live on earth at present, and I don't know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thingβ€”a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process β€” an integral function of the universe." – Buckminster Fuller

Dreamwalker
#6 Posted : 9/27/2011 2:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!
It would be great to hear about all about some of your experiences!
Glad you found The Nexus!

most.fungi
#7 Posted : 9/28/2011 12:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

I am here for more reading and learning now. If I have something I think can be helpful, I will certainly share my experiences.

With so many positive responses, I am sure I can find help with questions here as well.

Bests to all, wherever you be!