We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need help with Ayahuasca Options

Serenity
#1 Posted : 9/26/2011 3:56:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys.

First time trying Ayahuasca. I have dwindling supplies and probably little time, so here it is.

+0:00 drank 35 g's of Caapi brew that was prepared two weeks ago, and then refrigerated until this time due to unexpected delays.
+0:20 Took 20 mg's DMT freebase
+0:40 Took 20 mg's DMT freebase
+1:10 Took 10 mg's DMT freebase

I feel comfortable, mildly tired and easily space out, yet no visuals have happened other than extremely mild ones with my eyes closed. It's now been a full hour since the first dose of DMT. I only have a small amount of DMT left and no Caapi, which is a shame because I feel I could use more. I used what I had left.

Suggestions? Should I abort and wait for more supplies or burn what's left of my Changa while I may still have MAOI? I dunno...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 9/26/2011 4:05:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I would smoke the DMT freebase, or changa if you have. If the experience isn't markedly different from normal, then you didn't get MAO inhibition. You don't need as much freebase to smoke as usual, but it can get you to where you need to go. Personally on pharma, I don't usually get visuals until around the 1 hour mark...at which I point I usually get the GVG out Wink
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Serenity
#3 Posted : 9/26/2011 4:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Global. I'm going to try smoking what I have. I hope it'll at least last a bit longer than usual due to the Caapi brew. Reduced dosage for smoking noted.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 9/26/2011 4:46:17 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yeah next time just drink moar caapi Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Apoc
#5 Posted : 9/26/2011 6:05:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Serenity wrote:
Hey guys.

First time trying Ayahuasca. I have dwindling supplies and probably little time, so here it is.

why does anyone drink dmt freebase? The salting step is so easy. Freebase just doesn't work as well, and can cause mad stomach upset.

Get a shot glass. Drop a few drops of vinegar on the spice, enough to saturate it. Put the shot glass in hot water until the spice melts. You can stir with a toothpick or other small piece of metal to make sure the spice and vinegar are nice and mixed. Let it sit for a bit. Add some water and take the shot. Also, there's no reason to separate your spice in take by 20 minutes. Just take 50mg in one shot.

Also, if you can drink 35mg of caapi no problem, I think you can handle 3g of mimosa. Just make sure there's no solid particles in the tea.

Also, the really psychedelic effects usually take more than an hour to kick in for me, so don't assume it won't work if you only feel tired before that.

Global
#6 Posted : 9/26/2011 3:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

How did the experience turn out if I might ask, Serenity?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

jamie
#7 Posted : 9/26/2011 4:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would ge a kilo of caapi and brew up all of it, so that in the future you can always drink more..and you can rely on the fact that you can drink again as well so you dont have to rush into all of it with just one experience..
Long live the unwoke.

jdubs
#8 Posted : 9/26/2011 5:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ye deffo more drink caapi. Drink it til its hard to move.
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

Serenity
#9 Posted : 9/26/2011 8:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:

Get a shot glass. Drop a few drops of vinegar on the spice, enough to saturate it. Put the shot glass in hot water until the spice melts. You can stir with a toothpick or other small piece of metal to make sure the spice and vinegar are nice and mixed. Let it sit for a bit. Add some water and take the shot. Also, there's no reason to separate your spice in take by 20 minutes. Just take 50mg in one shot.

Also, if you can drink 35mg of caapi no problem, I think you can handle 3g of mimosa. Just make sure there's no solid particles in the tea.

Thank you, Apoc. This is excellent information and I think I will do 3g of Mimosa next time instead of freebase. I went with the freebase for my Aya/Pharma because I was attempting to find what way would personally allow me to avoid nausea. I don't mind barfing my guts out the first few times, just like on Mushrooms, but I'd prefer to get it to a point where I do not vomit often so that I can take Aya more often.

Global wrote:

How did the experience turn out if I might ask, Serenity?

I ended up smoking with mild to any MAO inhibition. However, last night served important unexpected purposes. I've been struggling to employ a comfortable "ritual" toward smoking spice and to reduce my use of MJ. With the otherwise wasted intent and mental preparation I used throughout this weekend for the Aya, I found myself easily adopting the "all lights off, one candle, no one in the room but me and MAYBE music" for the first time. Because it's difficult for me to prepare myself, I also added the comforter blanket I planned to employ the Aya journey. This helped in a profound way. I was no longer distracted and it wasn't so overwhelming. Still, I again missed my opportunity to breakthrough. I saw the light. I knew what it was. But I couldn't have it... I DID use less DMT than usual when I smoked, and yet it seemed to come on MUCH faster and last LONGER.

fractal enchantment wrote:

I would ge a kilo of caapi and brew up all of it, so that in the future you can always drink more..and you can rely on the fact that you can drink again as well so you dont have to rush into all of it with just one experience..

Fractal, I really would like to do this but I can't seem to find a supplier that offers Caapi at a low enough price. Also, I noticed profound changes in my ability to process and relax when I was on the Caapi brew, which has further peaked my curiosity for daily harmalas and maybe even replacing MJ with this and smoking Caapi j's. It was almost like I was on MJ but I wasn't confused or lacking mental clarity and ability for long, linear thoughts. In light of this, I'm willing to forgo my MJ habit in favor of more funds for more Ayahuasca/DMT/harmala research/journeys. In a sense, I sort of accomplished some of my goals even though I didn't do it how I expected. How interesting... I wonder Fractal, do you use an extracted harmala for daily use, or are you simply using brew?

If anyone cares to offer additional guidance especially considering suppliers, I would very much appreciate it. If not, today I'll be browsing through the supplier thread looking for my answers Twisted Evil

I'm grateful for your words.

Global
#10 Posted : 9/26/2011 9:38:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does sound like there was too little MAOI, but keep in mind that if the "small" dose you load up next time doesn't do as much as you hoped it would, don't forget you can just load up and take another hit or two at any point in the experience. It's not like you necessarily have to wait to come down or even wait to get all the way up before smoking more if you feel you want to push the limit of what's currently going on.

Serenity
#11 Posted : 9/26/2011 10:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I admire your ability to do that. I appear to be quite unsure of myself which is why doses are often just slightly too little, and when they aren't too little, I still find I'm too afraid to breakthrough when the moment comes. Also, I don't redose until the experience has subsided enough for me to act without encumbrance from the previous dose because I'm afraid to basically move or even open my eyes when I'm under it's influence.

DMT has proven to be the most difficult thing for me to become 'comfortable' in the administration and exploration of. I would want to guess that just means I need to let go of the need for comfort or something, and I also acknowledge that it's difficulty is exactly why I'm drawn to it. Mmmmmm, paradox.

I spread spice to whoever is open-minded and in need of healing, and almost ALL of the people I've helped have broken through except for me. This is quite a few people. It's ironic that the biggest enthusiast and most well-informed of the people I associate with (save you all, of course) is the only one incapable of overcoming what seems to come so easily for everyone else. Maybe I read too much...

Sorry for the tl;dr, friend. I know what I'm supposed to do, yet nothing but talk and lack of result occur. I think I will adopt your method. I grow tired of not getting what I desire. Next time I'll be sure I have more than enough Ayahuasca and Spice, and at the 1 hour mark after drinking I'm going to smoke 50mg's.

Global
#12 Posted : 9/27/2011 7:04:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Serenity wrote:

Sorry for the tl;dr, friend. I know what I'm supposed to do, yet nothing but talk and lack of result occur. I think I will adopt your method. I grow tired of not getting what I desire. Next time I'll be sure I have more than enough Ayahuasca and Spice, and at the 1 hour mark after drinking I'm going to smoke 50mg's.

What are you using to smoke out of? If you're using the GVG then 50mg is gonna be waaaay too much. With proper MAO inhibition and a GVG, 20-25mg should be all you'll need at the most. If that's not quite doing it for you, don't increase the amount you load up, but rather I would try 20-25mg again as soon as you decide that you're looking to push the experience. If you're not the kind of person to get everything in one hit, and you find things unsatisfactory, make sure you take the multiple hits.

Apoc
#13 Posted : 9/27/2011 7:52:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Serenity wrote:
Thank you, Apoc. This is excellent information and I think I will do 3g of Mimosa next time instead of freebase. I went with the freebase for my Aya/Pharma because I was attempting to find what way would personally allow me to avoid nausea. I don't mind barfing my guts out the first few times, just like on Mushrooms, but I'd prefer to get it to a point where I do not vomit often so that I can take Aya more often.

Ah man, eating freebase is the most nauseating of all. It's at least as bad as mimosa tea as far as stomach upset, IME. You've gotta salt it if you want to minimize nausea. You can also dissolve a vitamin C tab in a shot glass and your freebase to that. It might taste better than some vinegar, but dmt tastes pretty bad no matter what form it's in, ime. Or, if you use the vinegar technique, you could use an eyedropper to put your liquid product in gelcaps, or even a single large gelcap.

About maoi, you are not limited to caapi. If money is a problem, there is always cheap Syrian Rue. Caapi extractions seem to yield mixed results. Experienced extractors claim results as low as 0% to over 2%. But Syrian Rue seems to be more consistent with its yield, which means it is likely to be more consistent with dosage. 3g is the typical rue dose, but I like a bit more, 4 or 5g. 3g of rue should not cause much nausea. In my experience, none. The least nauseating method of all is probably to get harmala extract, dissolve in some water. Cap it with an eye dropper. Get salted dmt, and cap that with an eye dropper.

Serenity
#14 Posted : 9/27/2011 10:18:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:

What are you using to smoke out of? If you're using the GVG then 50mg is gonna be waaaay too much. With proper MAO inhibition and a GVG, 20-25mg should be all you'll need at the most. If that's not quite doing it for you, don't increase the amount you load up, but rather I would try 20-25mg again as soon as you decide that you're looking to push the experience. If you're not the kind of person to get everything in one hit, and you find things unsatisfactory, make sure you take the multiple hits.

Using a small/medium bong and enhanced leaf. I misspoke when I said Changa earlier. I can get everything in one hit in this fashion without much/any difficulty. I'll be sure to do 20-25 instead at first, probably even if I'm ONLY smoking and not drinking as well. I think a good compromise would be to smoke a little bit more again as/if I feel the experience fading without achieving breakthrough. Good advice.

Apoc wrote:

About MAOI, you are not limited to caapi. If money is a problem, there is always cheap Syrian Rue. Caapi extractions seem to yield mixed results. Experienced extractors claim results as low as 0% to over 2%. But Syrian Rue seems to be more consistent with its yield, which means it is likely to be more consistent with dosage. 3g is the typical rue dose, but I like a bit more, 4 or 5g. 3g of rue should not cause much nausea. In my experience, none. The least nauseating method of all is probably to get harmala extract, dissolve in some water. Cap it with an eye dropper. Get salted dmt, and cap that with an eye dropper.

I suppose I really hadn't considered alternative MAOI. I think this is because when researching them I read much emphasis on possible effect differences between the different ones. I'm definitely going to look into syrian rue, as I hear extract is expensive, although I could of course extract my own.

Thank you

Serenity
#15 Posted : 9/28/2011 1:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone suggest a good syrian rue extract tek? I prefer to use easy-to-find stuff like lime over lye, although I'm not certain this would work. I hear NAoH is the way to go with harmala extraction, although I'm finding it difficult to find and am unfamiliar with using it. This is the best/easiest tek I've found. I'm surprised to find only the need for rock salt and want to know if anyone knows if this works well.

With brewing or extracting, it appears the seeds should be finely ground first. If the above mentioned extraction tek works well, then I would obviously just extract since it doesn't really require any extra materials over brewing.

I hate to ask so many questions, but as stated; funds are low and I have to be certain before I make purchases or possible mistakes.