We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
would FASA work with Hexane? Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 12/10/2008 5:41:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

does hexane hold dmt fumarate? was thinking about trying some FASA drops on some old/used solvent. if he could drop any excess out..and then clean it with water he could reuse it to its full potential. thanks
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lysergic
#2 Posted : 12/10/2008 7:40:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering the same about naphtha

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/10/2008 4:18:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

bump
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 12/10/2008 4:39:08 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Jorkest wrote:
bump

That means it doesn't work? does hexane cause precipitation of fumaric acid?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/10/2008 4:42:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha no that just means i was trying to get the thread more attention:-P
it's a sound

Nanaki
#6 Posted : 12/11/2008 1:38:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I've read, FASA usually only works with Xylene or Toluene on the pull. I read it doesn't work with Naptha.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/11/2008 4:48:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is not tryin it with naphtha..he wants to try it with hexane..does anybody know how he can find out?
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 12/11/2008 5:42:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Jorkest wrote:
SWIM is not tryin it with naphtha..he wants to try it with hexane..does anybody know how he can find out?

You'd need to do two tests:

First, drip some FASA into hexane and see whether the fumaric acid stays dissolved or precipitates out. If it precipitates out, then it won't work. If it stays in solution, proceed to the next test.

Dissolve a bit of DMT in hexane (25 mg should be plenty for this test). Then drip a bit of FASA in and see whether anything precipitates. If it does, then this is almost certainly DMT fumarate, and the method will work. If not, then DMT fumarate is too hexane-soluble to work.

My guess is that it won't work, since it was posted that dripping FASA into bartoline mineral spirits causes the fumaric acid to precipitate, and I expect the solubility of fumaric acid is similar in hexane. Still, it's worth a try if you have fumaric acid, acetone, and hexane onhand.