We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
can dmt induce death? Options

flyinflyout
#1 Posted : 9/24/2011 4:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i know this sounds crazy but is that possible? I mean, its related to near death experiences right, so by chance or taking it too much could it trick your body into dying for real? has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

flyinflyout
#2 Posted : 9/24/2011 4:41:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i know it sounds dumb but every time i smoke dmt i feel like i have some great revelation and i dont want to get to the point where it thinks i know too much and doesnt let me leave. sorry im really high right now.

bill
#3 Posted : 9/24/2011 4:55:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From a spiritual view point I don't think the our souls can actually leave our body until it's actually your time. This same question has been asked about out of body experiences many times through out the ages, but many people believe the silver cord that attaches your astral body to your to your physical body will only sever when it is your time to go. Near death experiences have reported out of body type experiences where they described a cord getting tighter and thinner as they approached a white light, but were quickly snapped back into their bodies.
Besides reports of a silver cord throughout the ages there is also evidence of it in the Bible.

http://bible.cc/ecclesiastes/12-6.htm

I don't think any state of mind can keep you from returning back to your body because you have a "guide line" back to your body that will keep you attached until your death. This is just my opinion though.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 9/24/2011 5:05:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’ve never heard of such a case, but I suppose if you have an underlying health condition, then it’s possible that the effects DMT has on blood pressure and heart rate, etc. could contribute to one’s death. People die while having sex, so why not DMT?

I had a DMT experience once where I was convinced I had died. I had to “dream” myself back into existence. This experience has left me wondering if it’s possible to “wake up” and not return to the “dream of life”. Death without dying?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/24/2011 5:26:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im not sure DMT is related to near death experiences personally. NDE's dont really sound like DMT trips when I read about them. People who have had them and been given ketamine say that ketamine is very similar though.

I dont think it can "trick" the body or mind into thinking it's dead either..well sure I guess I have thought maybe I am dying or have died a few times..but my point here is that I think these states are normal to experience without dying or ingesting DMT. The pineal gland synthesizes a variety of beta carbolines like pinoline and 10-methoxy-harmalan etc..both have psychedelic effects..as well as the possibility of synthing 5MeODMT(this is theory)..DMT is found in the blood and spinal fluids etc..

I have had spontaneous trips many times..too many times to remember. Last time was 4 nights ago..near identical to oral harmalas and DMT. Tryptamines are everywhere..they occur everywhere..they are normal part of a healthy metabolism. Tons of fresh food contain them along with all sorts of enzymes and hormones etc that the body can use for all sorts of endogenous biochemistry.

I see this as an aspect of life rather than an aspect of death and I think it serves some sort of biological purpose.

Long live the unwoke.

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 9/24/2011 5:47:24 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

I dont believe that you can die from it, maybe death from astonishment.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

finding0
#7 Posted : 9/24/2011 6:36:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

with in a universe of infinite potentiality who am I or any one else to say no. There are some stories of people dieing with in meditation from absolute realization. The letting go of life and flowing back along with the river of infinite potentiality. So dieing with in a dmt trip not do to under lying health conditions... maybe? But if that were to come about due to absolute realization of eternal infinite self it would not matter. So do not worry.
*Any time The word "I" is used by this account it is referring to a fictional character *

Apoc
#8 Posted : 9/24/2011 6:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I have had spontaneous trips many times..too many times to remember. Last time was 4 nights ago..near identical to oral harmalas and DMT. Tryptamines are everywhere..they occur everywhere..they are normal part of a healthy metabolism. Tons of fresh food contain them along with all sorts of enzymes and hormones etc that the body can use for all sorts of endogenous biochemistry

When you say you've tripped spontaneously, you mean when you're in bed right? Just wondering. I get the same thing, which is usually very enjoyable and incredible. I've never had it happen spontaneously in regular waking state, and I probably wouldn't want that. Once in a while in normal waking state, I'll feel particularly imaginative and serene as if I've taken harmalas, which is great.

I love how you describe the tryptamines, and how they are normal part of life. I've always felt that ayahuasca journeys have a very natural feel, like I've just filled my body with a good natural supplement, and that it is good for me. I have a great love for the tryptamines. I love the title of the book, "Tryptamine Palace".

flyinflyout
#9 Posted : 9/24/2011 7:42:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think it can "trick" the body or mind into thinking it's dead either..well sure I guess I have thought maybe I am dying or have died a few times..but my point here is that I think these states are normal to experience without dying or ingesting DMT. The pineal gland synthesizes a variety of beta carbolines like pinoline and 10-methoxy-harmalan etc..both have psychedelic effects..as well as the possibility of synthing 5MeODMT(this is theory)..DMT is found in the blood and spinal fluids etc..

I see this as an aspect of life rather than an aspect of death and I think it serves some sort of biological purpose.

thanks, that puts my mind at ease a bit.

finding0 wrote:
with in a universe of infinite potentiality who am I or any one else to say no. There are some stories of people dieing with in meditation from absolute realization. The letting go of life and flowing back along with the river of infinite potentiality. So dieing with in a dmt trip not do to under lying health conditions... maybe? But if that were to come about due to absolute realization of eternal infinite self it would not matter. So do not worry.

this is more along the lines of what im getting at. i feel like i get a glimpse into the absolute underlying truth of all things, and that by realizing too much, i wouldnt have a need to be in this life anymore, if that makes sense. like learning yourself to death haha

sleepirasta
#10 Posted : 9/24/2011 8:18:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think you will ever die from smoking dmt (unless of coarse what gibran2 said). Many Shamans believe the soul can leave the body and that the soul can be trapped "out of body" resulting in retardation, confusion, memory loss, a constant feeling of emptiness or something not being there that should be etc after a psychedelic trip but can be coaxed back. I relate this to people who have had extremely intense experiences, packing way too big a dose, blacking out etc and have taken many months/years to recover fully, I read reports like this all the time and I think Shamans describe this as the soul being lost/wandering outside the body.
I believe near death experiences may be similar to a dmt trip because well its all connected but I don't think a near death experience is just a hit of dmt. I don't believe the body can be tricked into dying by using this substance, that, it would seem goes against natural law
Don't be afraid to explore your mind for fear of unlocking a door of no return, be respectful and always listen to your instinct, dont push or pull just roll with the flow and trust yourself.
On the other hand if you are at peace with yourself, prepared want and understand death, deeply exploring dmt may just help you along the way, but i'm not sure how many people live their lives learning specifically how to die, its a bit of a given anyway.
Change is necessary! Money just doesn't make cents

nen888
#11 Posted : 9/24/2011 9:21:59 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..there are no recorded deaths from smoking or injecting DMT..not even many adverse side-effects, this was partially what helped Rick Strassman get FDA approval for his study..
(there are a handful of recorded deaths from ayahuasca, usually due to an additional toxin e.g. nicotine)

smoking DMT is certainly thousands if not millions of times safer than walking down the street (statistically) Smile

tele
#12 Posted : 9/24/2011 11:01:09 AM
Explorer

I read on this forum that someone smoked 170mg and stopped breathing and he had to be "rescued". It was the topic of "too much dmt" or "how much is too much" or something similar. I wouldn't be surprised at that dose one could easily not breath for some time. Horrible.
But the lethal dose was something like many smoked grams? Which is impossible.

If one sticks to doses under 60mg, IMO there shouldn't be worries...

Global
#13 Posted : 9/24/2011 2:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Im not sure DMT is related to near death experiences personally. NDE's dont really sound like DMT trips when I read about them. People who have had them and been given ketamine say that ketamine is very similar though.

Stan Grof said that when he was doing therapy with terminally-ill patients, those who had already had powerful DMT experiences who then had real NDE's noted that the experiences were remarkably similar.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Madcap
#14 Posted : 9/24/2011 4:34:07 PM

illudium Q-36

Thats interesting about ketamine and NDE reports.

I haven't taken K in over 10 years but just about everytime I took it, I thought I had died. Not panic or fear but the distinct feeling that I had finally crossed a line and had lived out my final moments. I didn't really feel like the K had done it, the fact that I was even on drugs didn't seem to register in most cases.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

jamie
#15 Posted : 9/24/2011 5:14:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Apoc wrote:
I have had spontaneous trips many times..too many times to remember. Last time was 4 nights ago..near identical to oral harmalas and DMT. Tryptamines are everywhere..they occur everywhere..they are normal part of a healthy metabolism. Tons of fresh food contain them along with all sorts of enzymes and hormones etc that the body can use for all sorts of endogenous biochemistry

When you say you've tripped spontaneously, you mean when you're in bed right? Just wondering. I get the same thing, which is usually very enjoyable and incredible. I've never had it happen spontaneously in regular waking state, and I probably wouldn't want that. Once in a while in normal waking state, I'll feel particularly imaginative and serene as if I've taken harmalas, which is great.

I love how you describe the tryptamines, and how they are normal part of life. I've always felt that ayahuasca journeys have a very natural feel, like I've just filled my body with a good natural supplement, and that it is good for me. I have a great love for the tryptamines. I love the title of the book, "Tryptamine Palace".

Yeah. It has never happened while in he middle of doing something durring the day. It only ever happens at night after I have fallen asleap and then woken back up, or sort of on the verge of sleep. I am convinced it has something to do with pinoline, and other beta-carboline/tryptamine biochemistry.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#16 Posted : 9/24/2011 5:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sleepirasta wrote:
I don't think you will ever die from smoking dmt (unless of coarse what gibran2 said). Many Shamans believe the soul can leave the body and that the soul can be trapped "out of body" resulting in retardation, confusion, memory loss, a constant feeling of emptiness or something not being there that should be etc after a psychedelic trip but can be coaxed back. I relate this to people who have had extremely intense experiences, packing way too big a dose, blacking out etc and have taken many months/years to recover fully, I read reports like this all the time and I think Shamans describe this as the soul being lost/wandering outside the body.

yeah, usually people call that "soul loss" or something similar and shamans use a technique they call "soul retrival" to call back a lost part of someones soul. I think traumatic experiences in someones past etc can cause this. It seems to me that a lrge part of MDMA and other psychedelic assisted therapies work with way, where people are able to be brought back to difficult past states/experiences and reinterprete them so as to integrate the experience into the psyche in a healthy or holistic way.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#17 Posted : 9/24/2011 6:30:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I can see where the thought comes from. Especially when you realise that almost all of the body's cells can 'comit suicide', by a proces called apoptosis.
This proces of apoptosis isn't very well understood yet.

There are many people however, who've had near death experiences when they where facing real, PHYISICAL threats, and they managed to come back in good health.

So if it is possible at all to have all cells in the body commiting suicide simultaneously, you'd need a whole of a lot more than just some DMT.