We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking changa or dmt when pregnant? Options

sonatine
#1 Posted : 9/22/2011 1:48:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you think about smoking changa or dmt when you are pregnant?? I have heard that in the Amazones its common to drink ayahuasca thru the whole pregnancy, and that mother aya treat the pragnant woman milder, just as with the children, so I guess that would be okey to do. But what about smoking it?? Do anyone have any experiences?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Drinking aya while pregnant may or may not be okay. Some Amazonian cultures do it, in others they believe it puts the pregancy at risk and there is a taboo against it. Check out this post for details. At the moment, there have not been enough studies to draw any conclusions on how safe the practice is.

So without knowing whether it's safe or not, so really the question is how important is it to you? What are the reasons for wanting to expose your unborn child to this without knowing if it is safe? Because no one here is going to be able to give you a definitive answer as to whether this might be harmful.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 9/22/2011 9:33:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I just wouldn't put an unborn child at risk. I don't know much about the amazonian people, but how people think about taking risks can differ culturally as well. There are places where people think it's okay to let very young childeren play with guns and knifes.

Al Dimentiz
#5 Posted : 9/23/2011 10:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see it as a matter of choice.

You got the choice to put in your body whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect others. Note that others includes an unborn child.

And don't worry DMT will find him/her when the time is right. Very happy
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

tele
#6 Posted : 9/23/2011 10:13:17 AM
Explorer

I think any smoke when one's pregnants is simply a bad idea. 9 months without dmt or any other smoke shouldn't be a problem if one is preparing to raise a child

Dreamwalker
#7 Posted : 9/23/2011 8:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With no knowledge if this could have any negative effect I would err on the side of caution with this one.

If I were a pregnant woman I would abstain just based on the fact that there isn't enough data to choose whether it's safe or not.

Hyperspace will always be there and with all the preparation you'll be making having a little one on the way... the time should go by fast enough.

I would just wait it out.
It will only make it that much better when you make your return.
Good things come to those who wait!
Very happy

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 9/24/2011 10:10:37 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Best case scenario might be Alia in Dune, but that's not really a good thing.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

sonatine
#9 Posted : 9/24/2011 2:09:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, of course I do not want to risk to harm my child in any way! I am really careful what im putting in my body now. But even from long before I got pregnant I did not drink any alcohol or smoked sigaretts, and im a vegan and dont eat sugar or soy, and only organic food, so I belive I am quite healthy, and that my baby will have a very good start in life because of that. So I was thinking that maybe just one little dmt trip would not be that harmful... You see, right before I found out I was pregnant(wich was very unplanned), I got my first bag of mimosa in the mail, and in the next couple of days I will get started on my first extraction. Very happy But, even though I look sooo much forward to smoke my own dmt, I have decided my baby is waaay more important, and I will not smoke until its born. Thank you for helping me taking the right decition! The dmt can be stored for 7-8 months, right?? Also long before I ound out I was pregnant, I was planning to join an ayahuasca seremony in november, but after I have read a lot more about it now, it doesnt feel right at all to do it. I will rather have a super healty baby! Very happy