We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So what's the status of MHRB powder in Canada? Options

Fangor
#1 Posted : 6/11/2011 5:19:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I read a few stories of people having their powdered MHRB seized at the border. As far as I can tell MHRB itself is legal as long as it isn't sold for consumption, but powder is very questionable. According to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act:
Quote:
Interpretation

(2) For the purposes of this Act,

(a) a reference to a controlled substance includes a reference to any substance that contains a controlled substance; and

(b) a reference to a controlled substance includes a reference to

(i) all synthetic and natural forms of the substance, and

(ii) any thing that contains or has on it a controlled substance and that is used or intended or designed for use

(A) in producing the substance, or

(B) in introducing the substance into a human body.

Plants aren't considered a substance, nor are they considered a "natural form of the substance" I guess which is why the bark is legal. But powdered bark could violate (A). It is certainly a thing that contains a controlled substance, and it's easy to argue that by being powdered it is used or designed for use in producing DMT. It's being sold with the first step in the extraction process already completed.

Anyone here live in Canada and order some recently?

Also now that I think about it... is blood not a substance? That contains a controlled substance(DMT)?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 6/11/2011 5:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have only ever ordered mine within Canada, out of fear of those customs bastards and their interpretation of the law. If you're that concerned, just order it whole instead of powdered.

Fangor wrote:
Also now that I think about it... is blood not a substance? That contains a controlled substance(DMT)?

I had a good laugh at this one Laughing

jamie
#3 Posted : 6/11/2011 4:48:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I noticed that my favorite mimosa vendor that goes through adenium now seems to carry chipped bark pieces instead of powdered..which is fine with me. I dunno if I will order powdered again if I can just get chipped of whole bark piecces. With the proper grinder it is so easy to powder anyway and less hassel to worry about with customs. I would order within canada but the price is just such a rip off I cant justify it because it probly all comes from the same source. Some people make a ton of money off mimosa I think.

Grow it. Grow it now. It is not that hard, I thought it would be much more difficult to grow but mine are all doing ok in a window cill with one light.
Long live the unwoke.

Shaolin
#4 Posted : 6/11/2011 5:04:41 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Logic and government don't mix like two ***** and no *****
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

skid750
#5 Posted : 6/11/2011 5:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have made a few calls and ya, powdered is a problem. Not illegal, but it is being seized because it has "been processed for human consumption."

Just another great excuse for a customs official to go on a power trip. In bark form it should not be a problem... yet...

Fangor
#6 Posted : 6/12/2011 5:30:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had already placed an order for powder from the man in Brazil. I emailed him and he said it was no problem, it will arrive, so I'm not worried.

Edit: Yeah I know what you mean, some asshole gets to feel better about himself and go on a power trip because he "helped fight the war on drugs and is making a difference in the world!!!"

DubOne
#7 Posted : 6/12/2011 7:11:32 PM

Schaun

SacredSeed carries MHRB powdered. Im not sure if they ship but if you live in toronto its a great resource.
I am not a fictional character

Sempiternal
[sem-pi-tur-nl]
–adjective Literary .
everlasting; eternal.

lohes
#8 Posted : 6/14/2011 4:05:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's also used for making dyes, I'm guessing it would be easiest to make dyes out of it when it's powdered? That's a use for powdered MHRB

There's teks that use shredded and whole, chopped, pieces, why would they do this when it's possible to blend it yourself?

jm
#9 Posted : 8/12/2011 3:19:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why would you get angry with a border guard, they're just following rules. Someone way up the chain said they have to draw the line with some things, it's not like they can pick and choose.

Heretic
#10 Posted : 8/12/2011 4:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mt666tm wrote:
I have made a few calls and ya, powdered is a problem. Not illegal, but it is being seized because it has "been processed for human consumption."

Just another great excuse for a customs official to go on a power trip. In bark form it should not be a problem... yet...

please stop calling customs, seriously guys. This is not ephedra you are importing.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Fangor
#11 Posted : 8/13/2011 1:46:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My package has been in customs since July 7... this is not looking good...

Khrynisx
#12 Posted : 8/13/2011 3:17:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Egokiller
#13 Posted : 8/13/2011 4:48:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fangor wrote:
I had already placed an order for powder from the man in Brazil. I emailed him and he said it was no problem, it will arrive, so I'm not worried.

Edit: Yeah I know what you mean, some asshole gets to feel better about himself and go on a power trip because he "helped fight the war on drugs and is making a difference in the world!!!"

Yea you should have no problem it just sucks on the 20 day wait but people are still posting 100% positive feedback so i believe you will get it, me on the other hand dont mind paying a littel extra and get it from in the states and in 2 days nor 20

LucidJ
#14 Posted : 8/25/2011 11:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is 20 days standard for an inspected item at canada customs? I have an item that has been held 18 days so far and i's sweating a bit.

John Smith
#15 Posted : 8/25/2011 11:37:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah thats normal. In the past, 1 to 1.5 months was like a standard delivery time from Adenium.
INFORMATION
No input signal

skid750
#16 Posted : 8/25/2011 11:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heretic wrote:

please stop calling customs, seriously guys. This is not ephedra you are importing.

nobody called customs directly... just to a lawyer dealing with import/export to get legal status of product in question.

As for Canada Customs, booerns:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24880

jamie
#17 Posted : 9/19/2011 4:47:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

okay so I recieved 2 kilos of powdered rootbark from celestial today. They did not have shredded when I ordered so I just ordered the powder and crossed my fingers. It came quick enough, and the package was even opened by customs and was approved. So I am not really sure what all these problems are that others are having, if anything I think it is an east coast thing becasue I have never had a problem and customs seems to check my orders all the time and approve it. Maybe you guys are just going through sketchy vendors that make it more obvious?
Long live the unwoke.

Metanoia
#18 Posted : 9/19/2011 9:09:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently adenium doesn't ship to Canada anymore...or so it says on the site:

"We will not ship any more to AU, UK, Scandinavia nor to Canada."

jamie
#19 Posted : 9/19/2011 9:24:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah..CS bark is from adenium though and is cheap enough..I dont know why adenium stopped shipping here..there cant be that big of a deal surrounding mimosa here since my package was opened by customs and they allowed it, and it was even powdered. Maybe the people who had problems on the east coast complained etc and adenium just decided to not ship here for now..
Long live the unwoke.

haxxorz
#20 Posted : 9/23/2011 10:52:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

in NL they sell mimosa powder as a natural colorant. then it wouldn't necessarily have to mean that it's powdered form is used to make DMT.