We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mans best friend Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 9/17/2011 12:57:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I was over in Western Idaho the other day rounding up some food for the Ice House dinner table. I took my trusty shotgun and my beautiful girl, Chocolate Lab, Maggie Mae.

After beating the brush for a couple of days we left with a couple dozen Chinese Ringneck Phesant. These are a very tasty treat indeed when cooked right. They are a very sustainable food source as they reproduce pretty quickly when introduced into organic farming areas. Pesticides and herbicides and other farming methods have all but completely rendered the extinct from many farming areas in North America. The area where I hunt them the flourish.

Enjoy the pics!
Ice House attached the following image(s):
ph.jpg (249kb) downloaded 129 time(s).
ph2.jpg (242kb) downloaded 128 time(s).
ph3.jpg (255kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

clouds
#2 Posted : 9/17/2011 1:22:36 AM

Human

Demonios McKenzie! Cool shotgahn. I want some Chinese Ringneck Phesant Tacos.

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 9/17/2011 8:10:49 AM

bird-brain

I find it hard to put into words what I am trying to say. Icehouse you truly care about this planet and such empathy while amplified by the use of spice is still I think something that needs to be unlocked through reflection on nature and being. Simply living life is such a beautiful endeavor and I am glad to see that you are willing to share a small part of yours with us.

Much love and kindness.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Ice House
#4 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:04:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
Simply living life is such a beautiful endeavor and I am glad to see that you are willing to share a small part of yours with us.

Much love and kindness.

Right on brother! Thank you, its a pleasure.Razz
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 9/21/2011 12:06:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Many of us are sometimes thinking about living a life without modern ´bullshit´ like banks, money, taxes, insurances, bills, etc. But i think you have come closer than any of us. Is there any source of food you don´t provide for yourself? Ah, wait...i bet you don´t have your own water purification system yet. Or have you?Laughing

Ice House
#6 Posted : 9/22/2011 2:36:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Ah, wait...i bet you don´t have your own water purification system yet. Or have you?Laughing

LOL, actually I do have my own well. I live on a hilltop and there is allot of fresh water in the ground under my homestead.

My well was dug by hand before the house was built back in the early 1900s. The well is about 90' deep. Its about 45' to the surface of the water. I have all the fresh water I could ever need. I do not have a water filter or purification system because the water comes from an underground spring. The water is about 52 degrees year around. The water is crystal clear and tastes delicious. Notice in the pictures the sides of the well are made of dirt, its just a hole in the ground.

The nice thing about this water source is, it is only mine. I own the water rights. No one else has access to it. It stays clean because I dont put any fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides into the ground on my property. I have had the water tested. I have it tested once a year, it is as clean or as pure as water can be.

I have a well pump and a pressurized storage tank storage tank.

I dont believe clean water will ever be an issue on the Ice House Homestead.

ih

Ice House attached the following image(s):
well1.jpg (207kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
well2.jpg (244kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
well3.jpg (263kb) downloaded 47 time(s).