We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recent thread about extraction from an uncommon grass, please help! Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 9/18/2011 3:23:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not too long ago I saw a thread where a member posted his experiments with trying to extract DMT and 5-MeO-DMT from an uncommon grass species, a species I have lost the name on. I am confident this wasn't from the known Phalaris spp., Arundo donaxor Phragmites australis, but from another grass species.

I've had no luck with the search enginge. Could anynoe please help me with finding this thread, or any other information concering it (or other ubscure sources for entheogenic tryptamins)? That would be tremendously helpful!

Thanks!

With love

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Wax
#2 Posted : 9/18/2011 3:42:48 AM

LUVR

? Could it have been delosperma?
Not a grass but has the aforementioned tryptamines and isn't too common in conversation.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 9/18/2011 3:47:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope, wasn't an Delosperma. It was a grass, but I can't seem to remember how it looked or how it was named.

YTXian
#4 Posted : 9/18/2011 4:59:35 AM

Not an angry scientist but a mad one.

Funny you should ask. I met guy who said he was 'in on it' and he said that he was using 'spirit grass'(?!).
I have no idea and have often wondered if he ment phlaris because whatever it was I know someone who sampled his work and it was really veary good and I can't belive it's any kind of grass because any grass tek I've seen worked resulted in tons of fat and an inferior product.
Could it have been bundle flower (Desmanthus Illinoensis) or (Desmanthus Leptolobus) prarie mimosa?
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

AlbertKLloyd
#5 Posted : 9/20/2011 10:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That was me. I took it down, if I am not mistaken. Nobody but me was in on it, so to speak, but my girlfriend witnessed the whole thing from grass harvest to bioassay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitaria_sanguinalis

That is the species.
I read recently in SST2 by KTrout, that it had tested positive in reagent testing for 5meo and DMT, so I extracted a bunch of it and got some alkaloidal material which bioassayed very well. I hear that I had the first reported bioassay of the species.

I used a serial concentration method that used a small amount of water to process a large amount of grass and then an STB.
You will not find any scientific work on this species, or allies, that looked for simple amine alkaloids, so far as I know.

I used mainly floral parts with some leaves and stems. My yields were not high, I only got a few doses from several kilograms of grass. These species do deserve some examination and attention. DMT is everywhere.

fourthripley
#6 Posted : 9/20/2011 11:37:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why did you take it down?
mistakes were made

YTXian
#7 Posted : 9/21/2011 7:04:03 AM

That's awsome AlKl! But I don't think it was you because someone had a big fat sack of this stuff that was supposedly extracted rom a grass.
From the affects of it I would have swore that it was DMT-n-o from MHRB though.
Way cool though of you to explore!
I can't belive how underworked the feild of entheobotany is! Who says space is the final frontier?! Hardly anything is known about the plants used to landscape the malls around here!
I myself am exploring an Echinocereus triglochidiatus right now...Have almost finished defating and am going to pull soon in hopes of getting 5MeoDMT wich it is rumored to contain.
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

YTXian
#8 Posted : 9/21/2011 7:07:46 AM

Uh...oops! I just realized that response was ment for the person who posted this thread.Embarrased Laughing
By 'in on it' I meant he is hip to DMT, hyperspace, extractions, entheaogens, ect.
Funny syncronisity though. I think that the grass in the link posted is the type of grass that this person refered to useing AND I just happen to have a nice bouqet of that grass (or a similar species) that I cut from my yard while working on the landscaping. I had saved it because I thought it may be positive to do some research on it. Sometimes a plant kinda tells me to check it out in strange ways I can't define exactly. Usually happens on huasca.

As for other sources of interesting compounds that are obscure or unknown; have you checked out Coleus Blumei? Much like Salvia Divinorum. Maybe not as strong but also has a slight euphoric element that lady Salvia is lacking all together. Slightly diffrent hallucinations visualy. It is said that one must use fresh leaves. Maybe this is true for chewing a quid but, you can't smoke it without drying it out. I've found that if the leaves loose their color when dried out that they also loose most of their phycotropic value. If they dry out and still have their color then they are good to smoke and something was done right...I just havn't figured out what that is yet!Laughing Maybe it's a cool dry enviroment with regular cycling of light (ie daytime/nighttime simulated periods). Not sure yet, I just get them to dryout with there color intact somtimes.

AlbertKLloyd
#9 Posted : 9/21/2011 7:19:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It was the first report of an extraction and bioassay of crab grass, I feel like it would have been taken as hearsay and not considered and didn't want the potential controversy. I am actually surprised that anyone noticed it or that it went missing.

It just seemed out of place for me to post here, I kind of wish someone else with an established reputation had done the experiment and posted it. I didn't want to be the first person reporting it. There are other people here that are more into that than me, I figured it was only a matter of time before other people read about how it indicated tryptamine content in tests and then try it themselves so I deleted my report and write up of it.

Echinocereus triglochidiatus, that has NN dimethyl-histamine. 0.11% dry weight was recovered by Ferrigni et al 1982, unpublished data. This is from Cactus Chemistry: By Species, a book by K Trout. It has not been shown to contain any tryptamines.
http://www.cactus-mall.com/mss/old.html#24
Also google the species name with histamine to get more info on this.

YTXian
#10 Posted : 9/21/2011 8:35:34 AM

AlbertKLloyd wrote:
Echinocereus triglochidiatus, that has NN dimethyl-histamine. 0.11% dry weight was recovered by Ferrigni et al 1982, unpublished data. This is from Cactus Chemistry: By Species, a book by K Trout. It has not been shown to contain any tryptamines.
http://www.cactus-mall.com/mss/old.html#24
Also google the species name with histamine to get more info on this.

Thankyou! I've seen that info. I'm hoping there's more to be discovered yet.
The 5Meo rumor came from Erowid.
It certainly has delicious fruit. Tastes mildly like strawberry\tomato.
Anyone have any info on how to extract histamines they'd like to share?Confused