We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Brachystachy - STB - Xylene Extraction - then FASA Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:20:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM was doing an experiment with Phalaris Brachystachy. The plant that supposedly has 3% alkaloid makeup. Anyway, SWIM did a STB extraction on the grass and pulled with xylene. Then dropped the spice out of the xylene using some FASA. He let it sit for a few days and forgot about it. He came back to it with some nice little crystals that formed on the bottom of the jar.

He used AROUND 5 grams (dry weight) except he started the extraction with wet grass. So its really hard to tell. But, it SHOULD be around 5 grams dry. His yield from one xylene pull was 115mg of alkaloid salts. This should be about 80mg of dmt or other alkies.

This is the first time he has been able to get nice crystals out of the grass and he is very excited about try it. He doesnt really want to freebase the crystals because of mechanical loss. There isnt a whole bunch to mess around with so he was wondering if you can just smoke the fumaric salt form.

This is a huge breakthrough for SWIM. This grass grows fairly quickly and in most climates, even inside it grows well. Now we just need to see if it actually IS dmt and not some other poisonSmile.
it's a sound

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:22:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Nice! The only chemical one needs to worry about is gramine (that SWIM knows about). SWIM is not sure if this is found in that species of phalaris but its the dangerous one you want to avoid.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

yea..i have heard of it..but i havent heard of anybody that has actually tested it..other than in some books where they had success..so we will see
it's a sound

lorax
#4 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:34:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heres some info on gramine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramine

seems like evil stuff. some phalaris also contains hordenine which is used as a diet supplement in the bodybuilding industry.

maybe we could develop a method of getting rid of the gramine. in which area do you live?

damn.. if one would own a gold range.... Pleased I WOULD BE UP FOR MOWIN THE LAWN!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/9/2008 4:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive read all the stuff on gramine...it does look kinda nasty..but it says it causes death in sheep...but sheep also die from eating DMT..so maybe sheep arent that good with tryptamine molecules
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/9/2008 5:04:47 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Bloody hell Jorkest, this is a hell of a lot yield, well done! SWIM's FOAF had tried phalaris canariensis and it had zero shit.

Now we all need to plant brachystachys instead of standard grass!

As for grammine, I wouldn't worry too much, because:

1) It may be unstable at the high Ph employed on an STB

2) It has a melting point at around 130 celsius (freebase).

That means, try to melt some of the freebase of whatever got extracted from the brachystachys. If everything melts and/or evaporates at 60-90 Celsius you are safe to assume there is no gramine in the preparation.

Hordenine freebase has a melting point at around 120 Celsius

So you can check your end-product for nasties. I wouldn't worry too much however, especially if one is using vaporiser to vaporise it; horderine vaporisation at 270.2 Celsius, gramine vaporisation at 294 Celsius.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

burnt
#7 Posted : 12/9/2008 5:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yes the condition is known as "phalaris staggers". I think there have been reports that have stated that direct DMT injection into sheep kills them. I think this confirms the hypothesis that DMT is a defense compound in plants as are most secondary metabolites but anyway..

Supposedly gramine has a low toxicity for humans but I would recommend confirming this with a direct source.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 12/9/2008 5:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is freebasing his phalaris derived spice..it should be quick because its such a small amount...he will be testing this out soon
it's a sound

jamie
#9 Posted : 12/9/2008 6:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yess high yield on that one! i have been wanteing to get some brachys myself... as i am deathly afraid to try my new arundinacea alkaloids in the wake my first bioasssay last yr.. but the day will comeConfused

cant wait to hear youre results..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 12/9/2008 6:06:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Infundibulum wrote:
Hordenine freebase has a melting point at around 120 Celsius

So you can check your end-product for nasties. I wouldn't worry too much however, especially if one is using vaporiser to vaporise it; horderine vaporisation at 270.2 Celsius, gramine vaporisation at 294 Celsius.

well thats reassuring i guess..

doesn't peyote contain hordenine as well..or am i mistaken??
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 12/9/2008 6:32:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

burnt wrote:
^^Yes the condition is known as "phalaris staggers". I think there have been reports that have stated that direct DMT injection into sheep kills them. I think this confirms the hypothesis that DMT is a defense compound in plants as are most secondary metabolites but anyway..

Supposedly gramine has a low toxicity for humans but I would recommend confirming this with a direct source.

Aye, that is why some people have been trying to select low alkaloid phalaris species to be used as animal food or hay.

And those idiots, they rejected the high alkaloid varieties, it sounds like a joke to me.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 12/9/2008 6:51:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

freebasing is done...now waiting for acetone to evap...
it's a sound

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 12/9/2008 7:12:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just tested a very tiny amount..can feel slight dmt-esque feelings..didnt cause any unwanted side effects...will try a bit more soon.
it's a sound

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 12/9/2008 7:25:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

he says he can still feel it in his head after almost 10 minutes..and his vision has a sort of dmt blur to it..needs to test more to find out
it's a sound

jamie
#15 Posted : 12/9/2008 8:32:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

think im going to order some brachy seeds now.. are you growing youre own jorkest?? or is it wild where you are??
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 12/9/2008 8:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM ordered some live plants from basementshaman.com but they dont seem to carry brachy anymore..they have another strain of phalaris aquatica var. australian which SWIM hears is full of alkies
it's a sound