We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello, travellers! Options

sadelack
#1 Posted : 9/20/2011 12:36:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Howdy
I am very attracted to this forum because it's clean of a lot of nonsense--this is special on the internet when you are looking for solid information exchanges.
So, I am lobbying for full membership by way of introducing myself here:
I began training in martial arts when I was nine years old and, now at 42, still continue my training. I have found that the philosophical by-products of the physical stuff have served me even better than the health-toughness angle. Besides that, I’ve had brief encounters with subtle energies you hear about, totally convinced of their existence without really controlling them.
These experiences, along with a handful of psychedelic experiences, have convinced me that we are misperceiving, or maybe not even perceiving at all, something important that is ever-present and very close—even interpenetrating our bodies.
My theory: I think we haven’t yet developed the physical eyeballs or ears or whatever the next organ of perception will be, and that is the coming mutation humanity will experience.
This matter is important to me.
Thanks,
sadelackCool
If you hold by anything in the world more than by reason, truth, and justice; if your will be uncertain and vacillating, either in good or evil; if logic alarm you, or the naked truth make you blush; if you are hurt when accepted errors are assailed; condemn this work straight away; do not read it; let it cease to exist for you; but at the same time do not cry it down as dangerous.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Day Tripper
#2 Posted : 9/20/2011 12:59:54 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
sadelack wrote:
Howdy
I am very attracted to this forum because it's clean of a lot of nonsense--this is special on the internet when you are looking for solid information exchanges.
So, I am lobbying for full membership by way of introducing myself here:
I began training in martial arts when I was nine years old and, now at 42, still continue my training. I have found that the philosophical by-products of the physical stuff have served me even better than the health-toughness angle. Besides that, I’ve had brief encounters with subtle energies you hear about, totally convinced of their existence without really controlling them.
These experiences, along with a handful of psychedelic experiences, have convinced me that we are misperceiving, or maybe not even perceiving at all, something important that is ever-present and very close—even interpenetrating our bodies.
My theory: I think we haven’t yet developed the physical eyeballs or ears or whatever the next organ of perception will be, and that is the coming mutation humanity will experience.
This matter is important to me.
Thanks,
sadelackCool

You mean like some sort of subterranean society of mind reading and controlling humans secretly plotting to destroy the apes that rule the surface? Laughing

Welcome to the nexus,

In all seriousness though i tend to agree that there's something else going on with reality that we have either forgotten and are just now remembering, or evolving to be perceptive to. It could be a new way to express communication between people, or an enhanced ability to communicate in current forms, on a mass scale, or perhaps gaining access to a spiritual dimension like what shamans and many others describe. Perhaps a revolution of the people leading to a better world for all. Or the legalization of psychedelics, leading to a cultural revolution. Those are just a few ideas that come to mind, but the possibility's are endless. We just need to be open to new things. And not ignore the impending feeling that something is right around the corner.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry