We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello DMT-NEXUS Options

SpartanII
#1 Posted : 9/16/2011 10:39:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, All

How inspiring it is to come across a community of such daring, creative, and energetic souls! And so much information! I’ve been reading/lurking for a few days and my head is spinning, in a good way though. I’m eager to learn and participate in the discussions.

I’m 30, married- no kids yet, and from the Midwest, USA. I’ve experienced intense and long lasting lucid dreams when I was a kid, and that I think forged an open-minded and curious attitude in me. I have a few memories of being really young and having “impossible things” happen to me, and of being really sick and experiencing entities communicating with me. Even though there’s a memory-fog around these events, my eyes still water when I think about them.

Even though I was raised Christian, I eventually strayed away from it because it just didn’t make sense to have so much fear in a message of love, so many suspiciously human attributes in a God that may or may not reward me with eternal bliss…or punish me with eternal torment. It made more sense that there would be many paths to the same Source, after all, are we not that Source, split into many spectrums of awareness, all Dreaming we are separate from each other and our world?

I researched many philosophies- Shamanism, Eastern Paths, Occult and magik, Alchemy, Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, meditation. I took a college course in Tai Chi and Chi Gong. I dabbled in a wide variety of highs and lows via LSD, marijuana, nitrous oxide, mushrooms, Salvia Divinorum, MMDA, Oxycodone, Heroin, Methadone- respectively.

In my early 20’s I was looking at a newborn rat while peaking on LSD- I could see so much detail! I think seeing the tiny little eyes rolling around in the sockets must have done it because I right then had an mystical experience of merging with infinity/ego-disruption /becoming everything… words don’t even come close lol.

At one point I got good at inducing OBE’s (out-of-body experiences) by taking some advice from a friend who was in charge of a Floatation Tank (sensory deprivation tank). I’m curious as to what a Spice-laced session in the tank would be like…

I had a few Salvia Divinorum breakthroughs, one in which I apparently passed through a wall like a ghost, and in another I communicated telepathically with an entity. Man, that Salvia is some weird stuff.

Been married and divorced, beat myself up for a while with guilt and anger, now I’m happily remarried and in Methadone Maintenance Treatment (which I have mixed feeling about) The research I’ve done on Ibogaine for opiate addiction and psychological/emotional/spiritual healing are very alluring but it’s illegal here in the US, not to mention very expensive for Mexican or Canadian treatment where it is legal. (maybe DMT can have a similar effect?) More research to do. Thankfully I found this site while researching DMT and Salvia experiences.

Anyways, to wrap it up, I’ve recently read Carlos Castaneda’s books and find the Toltec/Warriors Way very appealing. The practicality of saving emotional energy and aligning/focusing Intent to accomplish “miracles” intrigues me! I've also read Strassman's "DMT: The Spirit Molecule", and "Inner Paths to Outer Space". Loved them both. I plan on doing my best to balance my life in this world with my wife and family, while exploring other realities to possibly bring valuable information back with me, keeping love a priority, whatever reality I may be in.

Here are a few quotes from Castaneda’s books that I thought would go well with the DMT experience:

"A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war: wide-awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it might never live to regret it."

“We are men and our lot in life is to learn and to be hurled into inconceivable new worlds.”

“A warrior must learn to make every act count, since he is going to be here in this world for only a short while, in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.”

“The aim is to balance the terror of being alive with the wonder of being alive.”

“To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle.”

“Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.”

Thanks for reading!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tele
#2 Posted : 9/16/2011 10:50:43 AM
Explorer

VVelcome!

Quote:
In my early 20’s I was looking at a newborn rat while peaking on LSD- I could see so much detail! I think seeing the tiny little eyes rolling around in the sockets must have done it because I right then had an mystical experience of merging with infinity/ego-disruption /becoming everything… words don’t even come close lol.

That one's crazy Laughing

Pandora
#3 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:54:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi SpartanII,

Welcome to the Nexus. Very happy And thank you very much for taking the time to write such a well thought out introduction. Quite a journey you've been on thus far.

Many of us here have also come out of a history with addiction. Speaking for myself, I never got to the point of self-shooting H, but nonetheless my opiate detox was very difficult (cold turkey) but very very worth it. It's gotten ridiculously easy now that I'm 28 months in. When I was 19 months in I took iboga root bark. It was one if not the most profound trips/experiences of my life. Even with a lot of LSD and DMT and LSDMT and alphanumeric soup trips under my belt, I had no idea such visions and levels of integration were possible. Integration from the stuff that causes addiction in the first place. Integration of lives and memories (speaking for myself) that were dissociated, depersonalized, derealized, yet photographically and traumatically clear in this choppiness. Rant rant rant, I cannot say enough about the healing properties of that singular iboga experience for me.

So, I am curious. . . . with that amazing intro you wrote, I didn't notice if you had said whether or not you had actually tried DMT yet? If so, smoked or oral? What did you think?

If not, I encourage you to check the wiki link in the upper right hand corner of the Forum for excellent extraction teks to get you on your way.

Again welcome. Great to have you here.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ShaggyBeing
#4 Posted : 9/16/2011 8:44:37 PM

I Am

Quote:
At one point I got good at inducing OBE’s (out-of-body experiences) by taking some advice from a friend who was in charge of a Floatation Tank (sensory deprivation tank). I’m curious as to what a Spice-laced session in the tank would be like…

Do you mind sharing the advice your friend gave you, I'm always up to learning new techniques? As for the spice-laced tank session, I have often wondered what that experience would be like. I've heard of some people getting visiuals from the isolation tank alone.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" -Bob Marley

Hyperspace Fool
#5 Posted : 9/17/2011 4:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome SpartanII!

I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and take part here. As a former lurker myself, I understand.

There IS a ton of information here, and it can be very edifying just to spend time here quietly absorbing all that wonderous info. But there is another level of satisfaction in participating. This is a very good community of freaks. (I mean that in the most endearing way possible.)

I also respect that you were willing to share that experience you had shared with me. It can be daunting to talk openly about "impossible occurrences." Perhaps you would be willing to put up a slightly more detailed trip report on the relevant thread. It might even be worth opening up a new thread for experiences of that sort.

Iboga may help you with your addiction issues. I wouldn't rush into it though. Do the research. Make sure you don't have any counter indicated heart issues. Don't go directly for the flood either. Play around with small doses first. First a super tiny allergy test amount, then some progressively larger amounts, spaced out a bit. Small amounts of Iboga are not even really psychedelic... more of a stimulant actually.

It IS possible for DMT to have a seriously beneficial effect in breaking addiction as well. Most notably in the Ayahuasca form. A lot of this might be due to the harmala containing banisteriopsis caapi vine though. The BIG reservation here and thing to keep firmly in mind is that Ayahuasca (and all of its analogues) utilize a form of MAOI (mono amino oxidase inhibitor) to potentiate the DMT and as such, can not be used in combination with other drugs for the most part. Certainly, you would not want to mix methadone with a MAOI. You probably, know all of this, and should be capable of doing sufficient research whatever you decide to pursue... but it never hurts to mention. Better safe than sorry.

Anyway, good to have you man. You are among friends.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

jamie
#6 Posted : 9/17/2011 4:16:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Welcome to the nexus! Good intro Smile

I dunno if this is useful or not but the video I just posted in this thread talks about the use of ayahuasca in therapy for drug addiction..

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=274256#post274256

and yeah...you dont want to drink ayahuasca until you have gotten off the methadone for a period of time so there is no interaction..

For more information on iboga and its use in therpay etc check out the Eboka forums..there seems to be alot of knowledable people there who have used iboga to interupt opiate addictions.
Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 9/17/2011 6:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

SpartanII,

There is often allot in a name. It says allot about a person usually. Welcome, very fine introduction. I look forward to you sharing more. Many of us out here share a very similar history.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 9/17/2011 12:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
So, I am curious. . . . with that amazing intro you wrote, I didn't notice if you had said whether or not you had actually tried DMT yet? If so, smoked or oral? What did you think?

Never had the pleasure but the STB with mhrb sounds doable, and fun. (although I would never do anything illegal, of course!)Embarrased

ShaggyBeing wrote:
Do you mind sharing the advice your friend gave you, I'm always up to learning new techniques? As for the spice-laced tank session, I have often wondered what that experience would be like. I've heard of some people getting visiuals from the isolation tank alone.

It's actually a modified version of the "Wake-Back-to-Bed" (WBTB) Technique used in lucid dreaming:
PREPARATION- (optional) I recommend taking Galantamine or Huperzine-A for an acetylcholine boost to stimulate dreaming

ONE- Go to bed as normal and allow yourself to sleep for six hours. Set your alarm clock or have another early riser wake you up.

TWO- After six hours, get out of bed and fully wake yourself up. Find something to occupy your brain to make you alert. Read about lucid dreaming/out of body travel if you want to stay focused on the subject. Stay alert for 20-60 minutes. (Hint: get out of bed and maybe a little stretching/yoga/Taijiquan before going back to bed)

THREE - Go back to bed and relax. Meditation helps if your mind is too active.

If all goes well you should enter the Mind Awake/Body Asleep either consciously, or "wake up" in the state already!

Call on the vibrations and do your exit technique of choice. Thats it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and good info on stopping the methadone before doing Aya, I cant wait to get off this methadone and explore Hyperspace!