We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
my first trip tonight , something bad happened Options

7baz
#1 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:13:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

well tonight i had a friend come over ,his name is kris and has used dmt before , i have not.

after doing my first ever extraction which came out pretty damn good we went for the changa pipe , thats cappi leaves and dmt.

i took 2 tokes , nothing much happened but i felt a sence of getting like really high , it was weird.. and i thought that was it.. thats dmt.

i kinda enjoyed it and we decided to make next tokes bigger.

well i took 3 masive tokes.. and oh my god.

everything around me changed , i saw patterns and weird colors , i started to feel a bit scared.
my friend was fine , i noticed he kinda changed.
then what happened next freaked me out.. the patterns continued to change and i started to find it really hard to move my body , it was getting more and more difficult.

then what happened next i dont know , i went into a dream , or passed out or what ...
my friend said i laid back then 30 seconds later he said i was reaching out kicking my arms and legs.. i have no memory of doing this.

all i remember was seeing all these werid colors in my view , i felt him grabbing my arm saying to me : im here man its alright im here man. but i couldnt see shit.

slowly everything faded back into my view , everything was shaking in my vision , everything looked diamond like.
he took my arm and told me lets go for a walk , calm me down.
all i remember in my dream was being on a train , thats it , nothing more.

as we went for a walk everything was so weird , i had no sense of balance , man all the street lights seam to sparkle and dance.

so it this a break through ?
i was so damn nervous about trying this , i honestly admit i have never tried lsd nor mushrooms before , so yeah my first hallucinogen.

for about a hour after i was still kinda a lil shaken , but feel great now ,it was great experience.
it was amazing.

im still a lil concerned and so is my friend kris because he has never seen anyone go through what i went thru , like i literally passed out or lost my entire sense of awareness.
is this common ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

joedirt
#2 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:20:33 PM

Not I

sounds like the shaman shakes. It's common on larger doses of smoked dmt for sure.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

7baz
#3 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:27:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

any reason why that happened ?

and is it common to not remember going out ?
the time i was out.. i can barely even remember it.
but i do remember clearly coming out of it , wow it was so weird.

Pandora
#4 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:32:33 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi 7baz,

Welcome to the Nexus. DMT is a rabbit hole and I still haven't found how deep it goes.

Your trip report sounds like pure DMT. Usually when folks break through they know it without a doubt. Sounds like you got a sense of some of DMT's effects.

Not sure what the shakes are about, but I do know that I shake when I resist strong psychedelic experiences and also that the tryptamines have a huge sense of vibration (you touched upon this in your report) built into them and just speaking for myself, this can enhance the shakes for me especially if there's any resistance.

I would like to suggest a few things if you try this again:

1.) Great job doing your own extraction. If you've extracted DMT you can easily make a more formal kind of changa where you do more than sprinkle freebase onto caapi leaves. Take a really good look around - there is a dedicated changa subforum and it's worth your time. I would suggest making a more formal kind of changa - one where the DMT is evenly distributed throughout the leaves of the herbs before trying it again.

2.) I would encourage you to try to meditate or relax and calm/clear your mind before trying. Tell any friends or sitters that you might twitch or talk but that if you do so they should not interrupt you. They should not bother or interact with you unless you ask them. Your eyes opening does not necessarily mean it's over. They should know this.

3.) Take your hit(s), set the fire and pipe down, lay back, close your eyes and try to let everything go, from attachments (to things like reality, your body, your sense of being alive, etc.) to expectations. Just let it all go. Whatever happens just try to surrender. If you are confronted with something overwhelming or alien, try to respond with surrender, openness and love.

4.) When the peak effects fade, take a few moments to try to consolidate memories. Speak out loud. use a recorder if you have one. Repeat what you say so that the memories stick. DMT memories are incredibly ephemeral if not immediately consolidated or recorded in my limited experience. If I want to keep the memories of the trip, I have to work for it a bit during the end of the trip.

By the way, just a couple of questions if you don't mind:

How old are you?

Which extraction tek did you use?

Other than feeling concern about your friend's concern for you (LOL) and your twitching, even though you don't remember a lot, what did you think?

Again, I encourage you to take a good and thorough look around. There are a huge number of valuable subforums as well as an excellent wiki (see the upper right hand corner of the Forum pages) with a really good section on Health & Safety as well as ones on extractions and integration.

Again, welcome to the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

۩
#5 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:33:04 PM

The reason hasn't exactly been scientifically discerned and described,
but the way I see it
when you smoke DMT you receive the power of the molecule
which contains the power of consciousness
which is so pure so uninhibited so energetic and beyond what we are normally used to
that things like black outs and shaking are common responses
to the bodies fight or flight mode.

I would suggest meditating a good while before attempting to cross over. I have some good info in my link signatures as well. Keep at it, and you will, over time, be able to remember aspects of hyperspace more and more. The reason it is so hard to remember now is because it is beyond anything your memories have ever had to deal with. You are growing neurons in new ways...

Hyperspace Fool
#6 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you went from not enough to too much. It is common for people with little or no experience. Just because you didn't break through with the 1st two hits, doesn't mean they were completely out of your system when you began to toke more. Thus, you could have had a combined 5 tokes in you system at once depending upon how far apart each toke was. Remember the difference between not enough and too much is often a dozen milligrams or so.

Not sure how you made your changa, but Pan is right... if your changa wasn't made with attention to having an even spread of the DMT over the substrate leaves, there is no telling how potent each toke will be.

Considering that this was your first psychedelic experience, you did rather well. Even people with substantial previous experience with LSD or Shrooms are still often blown away by DMT.

Go slower. Take much smaller amounts and hold them longer. That way you won't be as likely to overshoot. More is not better. The best is to just hit the amount you need to get where you want to go. Too much, and you will go so far away that your conscious mind will not be able to deal, and you will have little or no memory of your trip. Remembering journeys can be like remembering dreams. You have to immediately assimilate the data and question everything that happened if you want to hold on to it.

Be well, and welcome to the Nexus.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

7baz
#7 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:52:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pandora thank you for taking the time to write all that , means alot to me.

im 35 years old.

i did the basic simple tek , powdered MHRB , caustic soda and shellite extraction before deep freezer.
you can find the tek i did just recently in the General extractions help called : aussie extraction.

my friend double checked and he said yup i did a great job.

i didnt actually shake , he said it was like i was going into like.. i was swinging my arms and legs around. like i was trying to grab something like i was falling.

he said it may have been a few possibilities...
i was trying to get back out of my dream.
i was trying to get back into my body.
i was in a bad dream.. even thou i cant even remember it..

he said it was really fast.. like 30 seconds then i came out of it.

kris also said as a first timer i prob did way too much lol.
for like 2 hours later i could still taste something weird in my mouth.

because of what happened to me.. kris was also at his peak and he kinda freaked out a bit worried something has happened to me lol.
he was conscious the whole time , it was just me who went out.

imo just maybe because i have never done a hallucinogen before , just maybe in my dream i panicked and wanted to come back.. im sincerely not even sure.
i dont even remember lying down , all i remember was the swiling colors and patterns and i was trying to move my body but it was getting more and more difficult , so in my mind i concentrated on my breathing.. then i went out.

7baz
#8 Posted : 9/16/2011 5:00:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ your last sentence was very deep and i never really thought about that..

You are growing neurons in new ways...

hyperspace the guy was experienced , im not , he was my pipe sitter lol

although yeah he admits we both had a fair bit.
his situation is different from mine.. he has never been able to break through no matter how much he has tried.

hyperspace the picture in your icon , the patterns is kinda like what i saw , more a redish color , boy it was so weird , it was moving the whole time , like the way a snake is moving.

everywhere i looked i saw this.
but for some reason it was like i saw multiples of them.
i was actually enjoying that part until i began to realize i was losing focus of my body.. i think thats when i freaked out.

is there a possibilities i went into shock from such a massive first time dose ? lol

i look forward to going there again , more slowly this time and to have more concentration.. now that i know what to kinda expect.

۩
#9 Posted : 9/16/2011 5:02:48 PM

Most people do go into a state of shock if they are not familiarized with intense psychedelic states. I've even seen people convulse like they are having a seizure. That's why I recommended meditation ;] Consciously slow the breath and heart rate and keeping a calm and steady mind to allow for maximum effect and observation.

Pandora
#10 Posted : 9/16/2011 5:18:25 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

When I first started using DMT and the heavy trance would break, my hands would shake horribly and sometimes I would dry heave. I remember thinking back then that this was a reaction to the unprecedented level of intensity that DMT was offering me during my breakthroughs. After awhile, probably because I kept using (I will not dare to say I gained familiarity with the molecule.) these symptoms subsided. Also, I quit taking massive psychological OD's, got a Glass Vaporgenie, and started dosing more appropriate and comfortably for my desires.

The shock is strictly psychological in my opinion. Though do cover up with a blanket if you are cold - I find that DMT does cause my blood to rush to the core of my body and my extremities get very cold.

To be honest, DMT is not going to harm you physically. It is an endogenous neurotransmitter that enjoys the priveledge of active transport across the blood brain barrier. Our bodies (& minds) literally know what to do with it. I wouldn't worry too much about what caused the reaction. It sounds relatively minor, though a bit unusual. Again, just try to relax and surrender as you lay back and let go. You'll always come back even if it seems like a long time. Your body will pull you back. Trust the wetware is what folks say and they are right in this.

You sound like perhaps you have not had much exposure to psychedelic materials? And here I mean the stuff that just enhances and deepens effects? I would like to recommend that you research the following if you don't know about them already (they are great starting points but by no means the be all or end all of the topic): Shpongle (music), Alex Grey (art) and the movie called "Blueberry" in Europe and "Renegade" in USA.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

7baz
#11 Posted : 9/16/2011 5:20:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i really appreciate everyone's feedback and support.

its just nice to know that i have gone somewhere where you lot have been.

seriously if someone told me that was weed and i took that and went through that experience not knowing it was dmt.. im sure i would have crapped my pants thinking i have died or something lol

but yeah.. that was just amazing , mind blowing.

i would hate to imagine doing dmt with the wrong type of person , kris was very relaxed and always ensuring me everything's fine and to enjoy the experience.

Felnik
#12 Posted : 9/16/2011 5:32:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can recommend that you work with lower doses for a while
Until your body begins to get aclimated to the physical effects.
There's quite a lot to get used to. Get used to the idea that its totally
Weird on all fronts. Don't get too attached to anything in particular including strange
Physical feekings. Sounds like you had too much to start with .
Go easy at first enjoy the weirdness . Stay light don't get too serious
About it . Keep a light jovial vibe .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

bill
#13 Posted : 9/16/2011 6:55:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I may ask, were you on anything else? I have used other drugs (benzo's/cannabis/alcohol) to help deal with the preflight anxiety I was having problems getting over. I instantly noticed that I forgot pretty much everything as soon as I came back when other substances were added and if I didn't forget it would often times be foggy.

rahlii
#14 Posted : 9/16/2011 9:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to see she has finally found you Baz. After many a long search her touch is not expected by many a follower. She is challenging and can be hard work but well worth your time and exploration when a righteous part is negotiated though both your world and hers. As has been said previously in this thread, the nexus plays an important role in providing guidance along your path with her. A word of advice . She does not tread lightly.
From where is the noise?

7baz
#15 Posted : 9/16/2011 11:39:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bill.. no i was not on anything else at the time , i wanted to experience this naturally with no other effects.

i prob had 2 mouth fulls of beer.

rahlii its me baz from corroboree lol

thanks for your kind words , me and a housemate who has experienced dmt before are going to try tonight , im going to go alot softer this time and keep myself relaxed and try to hold my concentration.

jacetea
#16 Posted : 9/17/2011 12:36:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My first time, I didn't get much from it either (having never done psychedelics before DMT). The second time it felt like I was more confident and it was easier to slip into the DMT experience. It only gets easier, concentrating on your breathing and letting it flow naturally with the trip is a good way to calm yourself down. Just remember that you won't die and your body will take care of itself. When / if you come to a realization that you might be dead, remember this post. You'll be fine, enjoy it. Nothing bad will happen.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.