We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Living off the grid is now a crime? Options

christian
#61 Posted : 9/10/2011 6:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
christian wrote:
Yep, those evil Spanish gold robbing fools infected these pure people with their western filth. They thought that Gold was the key to happiness. The Indians thought differently, they thought that the nature, love, and hyperspace was theirs.

-Only now that the westerners glutton for "safety and re assurances" has been addressed are they SLOWLY allowing themselves to be aware of the truthful fact. That their religions and ideologies do not serve them. Slowly and surely stress and depression is forcing these fools to admit that the Indians were right all along, and that their cities built on gold were really the work of ignorance.

-The Spanish deluded themselves into thinking that their ways were superior, when in fact they were inferior. Anything which is done against the flow of nature, is not natural. The Indians chose to float down the river of nature, and respect her ways. It has taken mankind many years of earth destruction to realise that the way of the Indians is the ONLY way for us to survive. Man cannot live against nature and win!..Man only loses the battle when he tries to work in un natural ways, in one form or another.....Shocked

that's besides the point...
natives are so isolated and maladapted to foreign pathogens, that if you went to visit them,
you might inadvertently kill them. that's just how nature works, it's not all idealistic.
it has no regard for ignorance.

I don't think you understand just how adapted we (the developed world dwellers) are to pathogens. adapt to change, or perish (or just stay in your fishbowl); it's darwinism at its finest.

-Don't be so assuming! Of course i know about how adapted we are to pathogens, i have also worked in a scientific environment. The fact is those Spanish were pathogens themselves. They were uninvited guests.!

>>Erm, moving onwards and upwards, the gluttony of the Spanish killed them one way or the other, so they were no better off anyhow...and they never found Paititi, or discovered ayahuasca for themselves...Laughing

christian attached the following image(s):
5.jpg (7kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sovereign
#62 Posted : 9/15/2011 2:03:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Laban Shrewsbury III wrote:
Maybe so, but I would certainly rather live in a society run by overzealous government than the alternative.

A nation of sheep will in time begat a government of wolves.

Hyperspace Fool
#63 Posted : 9/15/2011 8:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
benzyme wrote:
christian wrote:
Yep, those evil Spanish gold robbing fools infected these pure people with their western filth. They thought that Gold was the key to happiness. The Indians thought differently, they thought that the nature, love, and hyperspace was theirs.

-Only now that the westerners glutton for "safety and re assurances" has been addressed are they SLOWLY allowing themselves to be aware of the truthful fact. That their religions and ideologies do not serve them. Slowly and surely stress and depression is forcing these fools to admit that the Indians were right all along, and that their cities built on gold were really the work of ignorance.

-The Spanish deluded themselves into thinking that their ways were superior, when in fact they were inferior. Anything which is done against the flow of nature, is not natural. The Indians chose to float down the river of nature, and respect her ways. It has taken mankind many years of earth destruction to realise that the way of the Indians is the ONLY way for us to survive. Man cannot live against nature and win!..Man only loses the battle when he tries to work in un natural ways, in one form or another.....Shocked

that's besides the point...
natives are so isolated and maladapted to foreign pathogens, that if you went to visit them,
you might inadvertently kill them. that's just how nature works, it's not all idealistic.
it has no regard for ignorance.

I don't think you understand just how adapted we (the developed world dwellers) are to pathogens. adapt to change, or perish (or just stay in your fishbowl); it's darwinism at its finest.

-Don't be so assuming! Of course i know about how adapted we are to pathogens, i have also worked in a scientific environment. The fact is those Spanish were pathogens themselves. They were uninvited guests.!

>>Erm, moving onwards and upwards, the gluttony of the Spanish killed them one way or the other, so they were no better off anyhow...and they never found Paititi, or discovered ayahuasca for themselves...Laughing

Hmmmm.

Having visited the Amazon myself, I can only say that personally I could never ever live there. Just being there is a trying ordeal. It is an unimaginably tough place to be. Beautiful as all hell. Fascinating beyond measure... but insanely hellish as well.

One word. INSECTS.

Forget the predators, snakes, spiders, carnivorous fish, poisonous plants etc. etc. It is the swarms of bloodthirsty insects that do you in. Being eaten alive is no picnic.

Sure, the natives seem to be somewhat immune to the being swarmed by clouds of pestilent little buggers who WILL find a way to part you of your platelets. But even still, it is hard to meet one who doesn't have some scar from a strange bug that planted its eggs into their skin or some other horror.

It sucks not being at the top of the food chain.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

christian
#64 Posted : 9/15/2011 12:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, Hyperspace,if living off the grid makes one a criminal, and living in the Jungle has insects and all sorts of horrid things, that one's gotta choose between a life of Grime or a life of Crime!Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

«PREV234