We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
we need to save the sage.. Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 12/6/2008 6:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_page/60

Im guess this is just the first of many programs like this to be aired in the wake of the Dr phil episode.. this is total bullshit, I think anyone who works with this *very* special plant should send these "doctors" some real accounts of this plants useful healing powers. Be polite and exemplify respectable personalities.. we cant let these asshole win
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 12/6/2008 7:00:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I think The Doctors episode aired before Dr. Phil's. And in some states it's too late, the sage is already illegal.

I think the problem is that no one is showing up to the legislators' debates on the issue. These legislators don't know a thing about salvia, they just need to be educated. My state had a law in the works to ban it, but a couple of members of the Ayahuasca forums showed up to the public hearings on it to speak their piece. It turns out the legislators didn't even know whether the passage of the law would make the gerden-variety sage (Salvia officinalis) growing in their yards illegal. These reasonable individuals spoke directly to the lawmakers, and consequently Salvia divinorum is still legal here.

So everyone, be alert about your state proposing legislation regarding the plant, and speak to your legislators when it arises.

The other thing that people can do is grow and propagate cuttings, so that in the event it becomes illegal, the plant is still abundant among interested individuals. No law enforcement officer will recognize Salvia divinorum as an illegal plant, even if legislation is passed against it.

jamie
#3 Posted : 12/6/2008 7:03:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you are right, nov 10th, I must be blindShocked , still its nuts, such lies, needing medical help to get off this apparently addictive drug and such, i hate the media.
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:19:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

woooow...i love my salvia..she keeps me companySmile

and now her little babies are growing
it's a sound

flyboy
#5 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:36:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Should I set up a "DoctorPhilisanIdiot.com" and bring attention to his idiocy and perhaps force the issue? I must say I am sick and tired of mainstream America lumping every substance together. But i'm more sick and tired that we don't have a figurehead willing to fight for the cause.

My beef started with mdma, how those assholes could have come down so hard on yet another love drug after they destroyed the lsd movement and got the crack cocaine epidemic as a result, I don't know.

I actually have another idea, tell me your thoughts.... starting a "Bring Back Alcohol Prohibition" movement and make it clearly sponsored by the Medical Marijuana movement.

Since politicians like to drink, why don't we start protesting at their events as "Drunk Debauchery"... "Moral-less Scoundrels" "Pedestrian Killers" etc? Why don't we start a "mimimum 1 year jail sentence for running a stop sign" movement?

If I was a billionaire i'd be shoveling money into the legalization of all non-compulsively addicting drugs.... ie.. decide if it's crack, cocaine, meth or heroin-like or it is >>NOT<<.

No "levels or schedules" of drugs... that is total bullshit. It's either LEGAL or ILLEGAL and I say by trying to push alcohol into the ILLEGAL zone, we'd make the most headway in legalizing weed.

The other idea is this: Everytime a city is undergoing some sort of trauma, say a multiple-murder or something, we protest the fact the cops let it happen because they were wasting time chasing marijuana and love drugs. We tie the force's recent activities in drugs with their LACK of activities in rapes, murders, and the such.

I am really counting on Obama calling off the war on drugs in his second term. He's got more important things this term but jesus christ, i can't seem him being very happy with his ever-increasing jail population, and he is no fools - he knows a kid is so much better off with a drug-smoking dad at home than a sober-dad in jail. in fact, I'd say even a cracked-out freak of a criminal father is better than no father at all, at least he is there to tell his son not to become like him and whip his ass if he does.

FUCK this issue galls me.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:47:45 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Just grow and propagate the shit out of it! Theres nothing they can do! It looks like such a common plant, these laws will never have any effect, except saliva won't be sold commercially (legally) in the U.S.A., but you can still have extracts shipped from other countries.

My vote is make botanicals legal, but "prepared" drugs are illegal. Cannabis plants are legal, hash is illegal. Salvia plants are legal, salvia extracts are not. Wine and beer and legal, distilled spirits are not. This leaves a loop-hole for those who care enough to produce the drugs themselves in their own homes, it allows people to grow whatever they want and give the appearace that the cops are keeping "drugs" off the streets, but we can still cultivate whatever botanicals we want.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/6/2008 4:53:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

id rather just have the growing plant sitting next to me...shes such a nice plant to communicate with...sometimes i just eat one leaf and sit and look at her...i can feel her energy much stronger with just one leaf than many...shes such a wise plant..just stock up on salvia cause im pretty sure salvinorin and friends have a very long shelf life..

but yes..grow as many as you can...and then give them to your friends..and have your friends give one to their friends..and so on...just take your salvia and make it a mother to hundreds of new ones
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 12/6/2008 6:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Flyboy, I have to disagree with your approach.

I know you intend the "bring back alcohol prohibition" sponsored by cannabis activists as a sort of political statement to draw attention to the hypocrisy of the current state of things, but I think that's entirely counterproductive. If you think cannabis should be legal, then you should also support alcohol being legal. If you don't, then you're guilty of the same drug elitism that fuels the current paradigm.

All drugs should be legal.

I repeat, ALL drugs should be legal.

You seem to think that heroin, cocaine, etc., the compulsively addicting drugs (yet somehow you left nicotine off that list???) should be illegal. I very strongly disagree with this. Far more harm results from the prohibition of these drugs than results from the drugs themselves. The arguments for legalization of the so-called "hard drugs" are manifold, and rather than take the time to spell them out here, I'll refer you to a thoughtful article entitled Legalize Methamphetamine.

tryptographer
#9 Posted : 12/6/2008 8:35:06 PM

tryptamine photographer

Yeah, I think it's inherently criminal to forbid a person to ingest any substance as long as others are not harmed by that. It's even more criminal and barbaric to make medicines like marijuana and mushrooms illegal... the Inquisition still rules but not for long I hope!

jamie
#10 Posted : 12/6/2008 11:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree all drugs should be legal, and that if the government wants to come into our schools and teach kids about drugs, TELL THEM THE FUCKING TRUTH..dont lie and act like sticking a needle full of heroin in your arm is the same as smoking a joint or dropping a little LSD, they seem to use the real problems in society as the perfect scapegoat to scare us from the truth.

Anyone familiar with the driving on salvia you tube vid..I saw it a longtime ago, but was just over at entheogen.com and over there they seem to think that this guy is like doing dome great deed for our community with this retarted video..this guys a fucking moron. Look at his other videos, gardening on salvia??WTF...

I can just picture some old upper class mom and pop seeing this video on you tube, not getting his "apparent" point and coming to the conclusion that salvia is now turing their children into some sort of incoherant ballbling lunatics..I just dont see how this video can possabily help us at all..

What if his vids were "driving on ayahuasca" or "gardening on peyote", I wonder if they'd still think his videos were "helping the cause"...I just cant believe people are naive enough to get behind this retard and actually think people are going to get whatever point he is tryign to makeMad

heres the link... http://www.entheogen.com...m/showthread.php?t=21555
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 12/6/2008 11:59:54 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I disagree, I think drugs like heroin and meth have a horrible effect on society and by providing legal and better alternatives like Mushrooms and Cannabis, we can turn people away from these sort of drugs. I do however totally disagree with the current methods of drug enforcement... but heroin and meth legal? Hell no!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Entropymancer
#12 Posted : 12/7/2008 12:18:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
But heroin and meth legal? Hell no!

Congratulations, you're officially a hypocrite! I especially like how you didn't refute any points in the article I linked to and fell back on the "drugs [that I don't like] are bad, mmmkay" rhetoric. Well played Wink

But think about it: All the negative effects of heroin use, meth use, etc. are all already present in our society. And it's not like people who don't smoke meth or shoot heroin are going to suddenly decide "Hey, this is legal now? I'ma go shoot some dope!" There's no way that legalization can make the situation worse, and dozens of ways that it can make things better.

The effects of legalizing the drugs are many (seriously, read the article I linked to for some of them). It'd reduce the violent crime and excessive profits of organized crime and cartels who distribute the hard drugs (prohibition is basically a government subsidy for the profits of organized vrim and cartels). It'd drastically lower costs so the effects of people who steal to support their habit are reduced. It'd drastically reduce the stigma of getting help kicking the habit, and help in quitting can be offered at the same place the addict goes to get their fix. There'd also be substantial harm reduction by providing drugs whose purity and identity are known, unlike heroin or cocaine where the addict never knows how potent it is due to the prevalence cutting agents (and in the case of heroin, fentanyl analogs diluted to approximate heroin potency sold as "china white" or whatever).

Plus, there's the whole issue of fundamental human rights.

How can you possibly be comfortable with the idea of legally forcing your own personal prejudices on other people by restricting what they can and can't put in their bodies?

Darkbb
#13 Posted : 12/7/2008 2:55:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think its gotton a lil off topic here

Entropymancer
#14 Posted : 12/7/2008 3:01:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only very slightly. What right do we have to demand salvia remain legal and decry the rhetoric of those who impugn it unjustly, if we feel comfortable doing the same to other drugs?

It really gets under my skin when people say, "Hey, this is bullshit that my preferred drugs are illegal," if they support the prohibition of someone else's preferred drug.

jamie
#15 Posted : 12/7/2008 4:28:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe off topic..maybe not.. but entropymancer does have a point here, legalize all drugs, then maybe the FDA could actually do some real good or get out of the way to let the ones who actually want to change things have a go at it..

also i think that the fact that heroin is so illigal has drivin people to seek another drug equally or probabily even more harmful, that the big pharma doll out and make a killing off at the expense of others...methadone..

As a society, i dont think that we are really going to make any progress until teens and young adults are informed enough to make an educated decision on what they do with their own bodies, instead of having them choose blindly.. its like playing russian rullet..someone always gets the shorter stick..

Having to waste our precious tax dollars supporting FDA agents running around playing GI Joe and proclaiming war on people with such illnesses is just fucking sick, these laws arent there to protect anyone, only to hurt, incriminate and scare others, who could otherwise be saved if we changed our methods..

If society took a differnet approach toward the reality of such sicknesses, there would be far less overdoses due to unkown purity, and we might still have ppl like janis joplen and other who were forced to go to the street around...
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#16 Posted : 12/7/2008 4:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anyways... anyone see that driving on salvia video?? do you think that this video could actually help salvia stay legal in any way??
Long live the unwoke.

Entropymancer
#17 Posted : 12/7/2008 5:19:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just watched it, and no, it certainly doesn't seem like it.

I assume his point is that no one familiar with the effects would attempt to drive on salvia? If this is the case, I think the "anyone familiar with the effects" caveat is assuming to much.

A friend of mine told me about an experience from a couple years before we'd met. Some people he hung out with had recently picked up some salvia, but hadn't done much yet in the way of exploring the effects. He was driving them somewhere-or-other when they packed a bowl and handed it to him, pretending it was cannabis (while not advisable from a legal risk standpoint, cannabis is a drug that many people are quite comfortable smoking while driving). So he took the hit, and things got very strange for him very quickly. He's extremely lucky that he was on back roads (no need to worry about other cars) and that he didn't completely lose touch of time/space and smash into a tree.

Driving on salvia has happened, and it's a very bad idea.

jamie
#18 Posted : 12/7/2008 5:29:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ya, im not saying that this guy never meant well, but he must not have thought it through. He just looks like hes gone insane for a few minutes to the unexperienced person..

also off topic for just one sec.. entropymancer, i think i read in another thread that you had some stuff over at entheogen review, if so do you have a link? id love to read..
Long live the unwoke.

Entropymancer
#19 Posted : 12/7/2008 5:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Entheogen Review published my Jungle Spice article (slightly abridged to fit into their periodical) in their latest issue. They don't put the stuff online though, it's a subscription-based publication (with people like Sasha Shulgin on the Editorial Board!).

The full unabridged article is posted in the Information subforum here. The Entheogen Review refers readers to that post for the complete version, they just published it because they felt it deserved the attention of an audience wider than just the people who are active on internet forums. (As an upshot, it may get some Entheogen Review readers interested in this forum, and their readership tends to be the same sort of intelligent folks that we have here already. Win-win situation)

jamie
#20 Posted : 12/9/2008 2:16:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cool thanx alot man, i will be reading this later tonightVery happy
Long live the unwoke.