We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First journey back to hyperspace since my breakthrough Options

dr_lucas
#1 Posted : 9/11/2011 8:52:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

25mg yellow crystal smoked
I must admit that I was somewhat apprehensive to revisit hyperspace after my breakthrough. I then thought “come on – get a grip and man up”. I tried to focus my mind, relax and just take the plunge – I really wanted to see if I could get more meaning from what had occurred on my last voyage.

I chose to play it safe with a lower dose and see if that would ease me back into it. I created a pleasant set and setting for myself and also opted to have a sitter also a fellow psychonaut and medic. I felt myself getting nervous but just got on with it, Mckenna is so right when he describes the shakes of the lighter etc.

I took it in two hits from the bong. The familiar feeling of entering hyperspace occurred my physical body slowly began fade and my consciousness was travelling into the beautiful abyss. This was different though, my usual kaleidoscopic visuals that start at the beginning were absent – I was straight back where I left off from my break through. The intensity gauge was turned down somewhat; I was presented with an array of beings. I say beings as it is the only way to describe these undulating tubular type entities which were covered in the most complex and beautiful patterns. They welcomed me back. I was not threatened, I felt as if they were communication directly into my consciousness – saying “see it’s not so bad is it?”

I cannot really describe the area in which I was but it felt as if I were in between realms there were boundaries to this ‘space’ I was occupying. Now I am not sure whether or not I was in a realm myself I was so re-occupied with thinking “Wow I was here last time”. This is the first time I have experienced a journey to the same place. The entities or patterns were almost dancing and I was so happy to be part of what felt like a celebration or party atmosphere. The more I relaxed and settled the more patterns emerged and the loud whirring began to get more and more intense. The sound of this reminded me of the breakthrough and I had some slight anxiety at that point but just thought go with it, you are safe and I knew I had a sitter somewhere back on the physical plane.

The effects gradually wore off; I was gently placed back into my physical bodies. I opened my eyes there were some residual effects all very pleasant –I felt so refreshed. Overwhelming happiness and a glow from within, there were tingles on the back of my head and I just felt so content with things.

I was pleased to have revisited the same place, it was comforting. I hope this reassurance from the patterned entities is a precursor to more wonderful and beautiful journeys that lie ahead.

On a side note, something I realised from this voyage that also jolted my memory from previous journeys is a very metallic type taste that occurs when the intensity of the trips increase. It’s like licking a battery not entirely pleasant – could this be simply be the taste of the spice when smoked or is it like a sensory experience like the loud whirring?? Your thoughts and comments as always would be much appreciated.
All accounts are fictitious and are for the purpose of entertainment

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 9/13/2011 11:05:59 AM

veni, vidi, spici

whats up DocWink? That is quite a relevant post for me and your feelings are shared by myself and probably many others.

I had my first breakthrough on sunday and i am hoping to try again this evening. The strange thing is, everytime i partake in the spice i get a strange anxious feeling, all my experiences have been amazing but i still feel anxious, i think that due to the power of the spice if your not a bit scarred at the beginning of your first experiences then your not giving it the respect it deserves.

Im glad to hear your second breakthrough was so good, i have a questian for you, was your second experience easier to recall afterwards?
i found that my first hyperspace venture disapeared very quickly from memory and all i can recall is that i was in a real place(more real than the fractal pond of madness i normally end up in) and that the sun was very prominant, everthing else has been lost in the ether. i would love to think that as i get acustomed to the experience i will be able to recall more of what happens, i would hate to meet some of the beings that reside in the other place and then forget about it.

i also get the metallic taste, it tastes like victory
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

dr_lucas
#3 Posted : 9/13/2011 12:44:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi 3rdI,

It's always good to hear that fellow psychonauts share similar experiences and feelings when voyaging with the spice. I agree with you - the spice deserves the upmost of respect at all times. I think that the pre-travel nerves are always going to be there regardless of how far or how much you have used the spice. Terrence Mckenna describes this "shake" you get with the lighter and he was a very experienced psychonaut; to know this to me is a comfort.

I feel the more I use the spice each journey I can bring back a little more of what occured. I do dream recall and have a dream journal, this I feel helps me in remembering what happens on my trip with the spice. I write up my experience each time I use the spice and then go back to the reports and re-read and it almost jog's the mind into remembering what occured. Perhaps if you start to keep a dream journal your recall will improve - it would be interesting to see if this works so please let me know. Smile

What's your thoughts on the metallic taste? I'm trying to work out whether it's a physiological response or if it is a part of the journey.

I wish you safe and wonderful journeys....thanks for the post!Very happy
All accounts are fictitious and are for the purpose of entertainment

3rdI
#4 Posted : 9/13/2011 1:54:09 PM

veni, vidi, spici

dr_lucas wrote:
What's your thoughts on the metallic taste? I'm trying to work out whether it's a physiological response or if it is a part of the journey.

Im not sure about the taste, i have had it on some lighter trips but not had it on stronger ones and i have a friend who had it randomly at work, im not sure if its directly related to the amount you smoke, in my limited experience it seems to be similar to the carrier wave, sometimes its strong sometimes not and its doesnt seem to be directly linked to how strong the experience is.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Dr Psychonaut
#5 Posted : 9/14/2011 7:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice trip report Dr_Lucas! I always find it bizarre how one can find themselves in a part of hyperspace that they have been before, in my eyes it kind of validates the experience as if the DMT experience was just random firings of receptors that create this bizarre alien worls what are the chances it would create the exact same one twice and then create a place entirely different? Sounds like a happy place too!

As for the metallic taste I'm not sure as I haven't noticed it myself, though after doing a bit of research it seems to be a common occurrence in DMT trips and at the peak of an LSD trip. If there is a physiological mechanism it could be agonist action on one of the serotonin receptor subtypes that both DMT and LSD activate(eg. 5HT-2A) that causes it, as a metallic taste has also been listed as a side effect of some antidepressants that work by increasing serotonin's agonist actions. A less scientific explanation might be that similar to the 'whirring' noises that accompany hyperspace journeys, the metallic taste is perhaps the perception of hyperspatial energies that we are exposed to when the filter on our sensory system is dramatically altered by DMT or LSD.

Safe journeying Smile
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.